OP pvillasuso

21st April 2012, 09:29 PM   |  #1291  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 191

425 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidindian

Its coz the launcher is still from 2.3 right bro?
Are they going to change the launcher UI as well?

Yeah, mostly that. Also, no news on the UI. The Launcher needs a desperate overhaul IMO..The 4x4 icon grid just doesn't go well with a 5'3" screen. Also, MIUI on tablets looks absolutely stupid and ugly. There's so much wasted space!

I'm going to pray to the MIUI Gods for a new Launcher with tons of customization.
21st April 2012, 10:05 PM   |  #1292  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 593

1,399 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHoneyBadger

Yeah, mostly that. Also, no news on the UI. The Launcher needs a desperate overhaul IMO..The 4x4 icon grid just doesn't go well with a 5'3" screen. Also, MIUI on tablets looks absolutely stupid and ugly. There's so much wasted space!

I'm going to pray to the MIUI Gods for a new Launcher with tons of customization.

lol .. I can make build , using an old version of MIUI

Maybe like what I used in version V2 , but using latest Stunner as base ...

If there is interest ,and someone wants to try it , I can do that ...

Some "theming" will be enabled again ! and very probable native wifi tethering will come back ..

BTW .. I dunno if tethering is working with V6 version

-----

EDIT : Uploading old school miui version [2.2.24] !
Last edited by pvillasuso; 21st April 2012 at 10:11 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pvillasuso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 11:00 PM   |  #1293  
Thanks Meter: 209

1,060 posts
GREAT ! THANKS..maybe I can get my old desktop layout back (lazy ass I am..could have reorganized all my 300+ icons by now..I know)

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryomakun

apply v6 choose miui launcher but still lag when screen transition T_T.

Create folders if you prefer (I do) and then organize the icons apps into various folders and then..the number of icons reduces if you organize the icons into folders like for specific app categories, utility programs etc..then the scrolling will speed up greatly. The MIUI launcher cannot handle large number of icons so my 2c observation. Also missing is a "lock desktop" and backup desktop layout as in Apex launcher.

Check this lockscreen..apply the mtz for the lockscreen only via themes..mixed..works well with the weather app recommended at the link..only when unlocking does not go to camera (something to do with miui camera vs ics camera)..other 3 options work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1299063
Last edited by mac231us; 22nd April 2012 at 03:44 AM.
22nd April 2012, 01:20 AM   |  #1294  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 593

1,399 posts
Test build from old miui : here

I dunno :

1. If it will boot
2. What works

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pvillasuso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 03:44 AM   |  #1295  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
can not view photos from memory cards. Can you give me the solution?
22nd April 2012, 06:10 AM   |  #1296  
Thanks Meter: 179

721 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHoneyBadger

No worries.
Just apply this MOD for V6. You can manually set the icon size for each row and column (grid size). It also allows you to move the icons freely (aren't stuck together like iOS) on each grid which I like because you can make patterns in each homescreen, for Example:
http://i.minus.com/is4Zqjj6K2Ejl.png

5x5 goes best on the NOTE. But I guess you can do something more like 7x7 for Tablet Mode if you don't mind focusing on the screen a little longer to find your app.

Here's the link:
http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php...reen-Grid-Size

P.S. They are re-building the MIUI Launcher from scratch to make it compatible with ICS (like Nova) but I'm not sure if they will introduce that MOD into the latest, here's hoping they do (for tablets sake)!
22nd April 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #1297  
Thanks Meter: 26

167 posts
MIUI ICS is way too flawed right now, and I think porting MIUI at this point is pretty pointless...I'm really hoping they roll out official support...and by the time they do, they will have worked out most of the embarrassing problems they're new overhaul has brought.
22nd April 2012, 06:58 AM   |  #1298  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 817

1,792 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalmagal

MIUI ICS is way too flawed right now, and I think porting MIUI at this point is pretty pointless...I'm really hoping they roll out official support...and by the time they do, they will have worked out most of the embarrassing problems they're new overhaul has brought.

Miui works quite amazingly well on the note... v6 especially

But the official support will only come when note ics is officially out

Plus the UI would look decent once the launcher is redesigned for v4 miui and tablet support is made...which should be done soon I think

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 07:17 AM   |  #1299  
Thanks Meter: 5

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambamkin

Have you cleared the data on the app?

this happens only after booting or rebooting then everything goes fine
22nd April 2012, 09:14 AM   |  #1300  
Thanks Meter: 5

69 posts