PeterGuru
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1138

DONATE TO ME
Default What is a display tester?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post
Darn... got my 1X and settings menu looks yellow...

Don't have any other unit to compare to. Will post pics a little later.

Pete... could you kindly take some pics of both your screens using a LCD testing app like display tester?

Thanks
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a display tester, and how can I get one ... cheap?

Peter
MODEL: ....Samsung Galaxy Note 3
VERSION: ..SM-N900W8 (Rogers - 32GB)
RECOVERY: .TWRP v2.7.0.0
ANDROID: ..4.4.2
ROM/BUILD: CM11-20140416-NIGHTLY-hlte
KERNEL: ...3.4.0-g972939c
RADIO: ....N900W8VLUCNB7

"Science will eventually answer ALL questions, thus ending religion's wretched grasp on humanity."

PeterGuru
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1138

DONATE TO ME
Default Wifi seems okay so far ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn0s1s View Post
In regards to your wifi, my One XL is dropping wifi signal constantly and falling back to 4G, my international One X has no such problems. I have both a 5G router and a netgear 3500L running newest tomato firmware. The phone intermittantly seems to sleep wifi and then reinitialize it... I have tried always on wifi setting to no avail, wondering if you or anyone else with a One XL is experiencing this problem?
My Wifi seems okay so far. I had one drop, but that's it. Perhaps it's an issue. I'll have to monitor the situation and let you know.

Peter

"Science will eventually answer ALL questions, thus ending religion's wretched grasp on humanity."

Maedhros
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterHTC View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a display tester, and how can I get one ... cheap?

Peter
Hehe...

Just search for Display tester on the market. Then take photos from a physical camera if possible Thanks

My phone looks yellow compared to my Desire HD (which is starting to look blue now)...

I'll wait till Monday to make a comparison to my friends Iphone4s.

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post
Darn... got my 1X and settings menu looks yellow...

Don't have any other unit to compare to. Will post pics a little later.

Pete... could you kindly take some pics of both your screens using a LCD testing app like display tester?

Thanks
Yellow...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...08&postcount=1

Not yellow (mine)...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...69&postcount=9
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BoostedSR20
Old
Thanks Meter 169
You've mentioned your Galaxy Nexus.. would you dump your Nexus for the XL? Considering everything. Screens, speed, camera, size/shape.. etc. Also figure in Sense 4.0.

Thoughts?
Samsung Galaxy S IV GT-I9500
Dell XPS 12
-----
My smartphone history
My cars, bikes, phones, and high powered lasers

Hemlocke
Old
Thanks Meter 183

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedSR20 View Post
You've mentioned your Galaxy Nexus.. would you dump your Nexus for the XL? Considering everything. Screens, speed, camera, size/shape.. etc. Also figure in Sense 4.0.

Thoughts?
I dumped my GNex for the Note, but the deal fell through and I ended up getting this. Frankly, the GNex is nice and I love AOSP, but the battery life is closer than it should be, the X screen is better, as is the SoC. I prefer the X build, but that is individual preference.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
"The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance." - Herodotus
Sent from my Blackberry Z10

PeterGuru
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1138

DONATE TO ME
Default Yes, I plan to sell my Galaxy Nexus ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedSR20 View Post

Thoughts?
I think I already made the decision about 1-2 hours after I got the Rogers unit. I knew that quickly that I would not go back to my Galaxy Nexus.

Peter

Maedhros
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
TY For these!

It appears my unit is in fact "white". I suppose my Desire HDs screen was on the blue side.

PeterGuru
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1138

DONATE TO ME
Default Update on Battery, but only a simple test

As you may recall, I mentioned in an earlier post that I have a profile that sets automatically at 11pm each evening to what is effectively airplane mode. This then automatically changes to my morning profile at 7am each morning.

On my previous phones, mostly HTC, but a few by Samsung (see signature), the battery would drop to anywhere from 95% to 92% during this "airplane mode" period.

With the international ONE X, however, it was still at 100% at 7am each morning. This is probably due to the use of the 5th core, where the phone goes into very deep sleep. However, I can now report that the Rogers unit is equally frugal.

Last night I charged my phone to 100%. I unplugged the phone at exactly 10:59pm, and then allowed it to automatically go into airplane mode at 11pm. I did not touch the phone until 5am this morning. Okay, it's not 7am, but 5am isn't much different when I tell you the results. Now you may be asking why I touched it at 5am. Well, I couldn't sleep, so I got up at 4am and went to work. Then, at exactly 5am, I woke up the phone, and the battery still indicated 100%. I can only assume that it would probably still be 100% at 7am, or maybe 99% at worst.

Regardless, it seems that in sleep mode, both phones use almost zero power.

It's not a technical test by any means, but it's a simple comparison. I will do more battery testing tomorrow when I have much more time to leave both phones with their displays on, and both in virtually the same "situation."

Peter

The Following User Says Thank You to PeterGuru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PeterGuru
Old
(Last edited by PeterGuru; 22nd April 2012 at 10:55 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1138

DONATE TO ME
Default There's a summary of all my comments in post 1 ...

Hopefully this will make it a bit easier for some people.

I've summarized all my comments on the original post. This is up to and including this morning (my time) of April 22, 2012.

Peter

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeterGuru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]