Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{KERNEL - DEV} (Open Source Kernel) XpLoDWilD's PopAds Kernel- NOTE IS BACK!(30.4.12)

Tip us?

DJsCrIBbLe
Old
Thanks Meter 170

DONATE TO ME
I have never had issues with cwm and frankly never heard of redpill until I tried to restore a ics nandroid on aosp using lp1 repackaged kernal and it ****ed the system and soft bricked my note. Only way back to salvation was redpill.

And by far the best method for going back and forth from gb to ics currently is redpill. Not that Odin isn't an option. Just what I have gathered from using ics since the first leak ...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

androidindian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
I've always found CWM to be more reliable in terms of nandroids than any other recovery. The most frequent thing to break in alternative recoveries is nandroid restore for whatever reason.

Properly repacked kernels with CWM do fine - CF-Root with 5.0.2.7 has been no problem for me on Gingerbread, and 5.5.0.4 has been working great on CM9.

Currently:
Video hwaccel - working
GPS - Working, although GLONASS is either not being used or just reporting as not locked even though it is. Samsung's sat status interface in ICS is mangled, I need to bring gpswrapper over to this device to see what the deal is.
Stylus - Working with apps like Quill that support the standard Android 4.0 stylus API. (Haven't really tested anything else, but I know S-Pen API apps will not work and it's going to stay that way.)
Camera - untested, probably not working, I tried to implement Torch and it did not play well
Wow thank you for the incredible progress bro and for the detailed updates!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

ssss69
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Entropy youre awesome!!!

But do you know whats happening with leaked ICS kernels and cwm? Bwcause it seems that it isnt working as it should

androidindian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 807
updated OP with the latest progress Thanks entropy

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24226

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssss69 View Post
Entropy youre awesome!!!

But do you know whats happening with leaked ICS kernels and cwm? Bwcause it seems that it isnt working as it should

No clue... I think the one xplod hardbricked with got pulled due to hardbricks. Chainfire's repacks seem OK from what I've heard.

Probably whoever repacked the kernel screwed up for those where CWM doesn't work right.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chasmodo
Old
Thanks Meter 39753

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
No clue... I think the one xplod hardbricked with got pulled due to hardbricks. Chainfire's repacks seem OK from what I've heard.

Probably whoever repacked the kernel screwed up for those where CWM doesn't work right.
ICS CWMR is wonky for everyone, main issue being its restore function (doesn't restore backups properly or not at all).

chasmodo
Old
Thanks Meter 39753

DONATE TO ME
Entropy, is it difficult to inject CWM Recovery into a kernel? I'm asking this because we have a new ICS kernel (ZCLP6) but it has no Recovery at all.

DJsCrIBbLe
Old
Thanks Meter 170

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmodo View Post
Entropy, is it difficult to inject CWM Recovery into a kernel? I'm asking this because we have a new ICS kernel (ZCLP6) but it has no Recovery at all.
Entropy has a kernal guide in the i777 forum and there is also one here in the note general or dev section by a guy. And they talk about adding root and cwm to lp6...

chasmodo
Old
Thanks Meter 39753

DONATE TO ME
I apologize, I wasn't clear enough in my previous post. ZCLP6 mentioned is already rooted, but has no Recovery.

DJsCrIBbLe
Old
Thanks Meter 170

DONATE TO ME
I know its rooted just saying they are discussing repacking with both root and cwm

Tags
##please remove those silly tags##, android 4.0, aosp, development, free phone, kernel, open source, pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism, suckers, vaporware, yes this is dog