Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Don't believe the hype

Tip us?

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3029
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Sad you had such a terrible experience, and as some say, not everyone gets the same candy at the store...

On the contrary, I have mine since some time now and I can proudly say is the best HTC device I ever had!
---------------------------------

@All: Letīs try to keep this discussion in peace and with respect please

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard20260 View Post
Having owned the HTC One X since launch date in Thailand I have been to say the least unhappy with it. The main problems, are appalling call quality (sound), poor radio signal (WiFi frequently drops and 3G / HSDPA fails to kick in), terrible UK dictionary, quirky keyboard, horrendous battery life (6 - 7 hours on a good day). There is more but....

Anyway last night it slipped off the sofa on to the floor, and hey broken screen, all the HTC hype claims this is as good as indestructible. I've seen man drop tests and in washing machine, cars driving over it etc. and it coming out unscathed.

This is the worst device I have had in living memory. Today I will be taking it back to the dealer. Do I want a replacement? Frankly NO, but there again HTC can't get away with it so I will no doubt end up accepting a replacement then sell it immediately! What to get instead, that's the big question. The Galaxy Nexus I had before was a much better device in nearly all aspects, so if I can't see anything better then will probably get another Nexus.
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

chia8331
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hmm... HTC brand (or "internet marketing") are so successful, that even sharing an awful use experience becomes a sin. If anyone says any devices/roms/kernels/etc. are perfect, I'd say it's all hypocrap.

nooomoto
Old
Thanks Meter 93
I just got my one x this morning and I'm loving it. My screen had a yellowish tint to it but it either went away with use or I got used to it. Either way its a non issue for me. I also have no connection issues on att in the USA and have no build quality issues.

Great phone and happy to be along for the ride with our dev community

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
Nokia Lumia 1520
LG Nexus 5 Slimkat 4.4 (on a break)

nyamd20
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLugard View Post
So you "drop" your new toy and it breaks and it's HTC's fault, bla bla bla. You do know that water is wet, right?
Get a grip on reality please.

Sent from my SPH-D710
Lol get a "grip" on reality

Sent from my SGH-T989D using xda premium

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4121
Thanks for adding "personal opinion" to your title OP. Everyone here is certainly entitled to one.

Someone on the GN forum was saying the One X is a piece of crap because it failed the 4' drop on its face.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. (At 3:40)

Johnny0906
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
I think this thread should be closed,.

I mean if you had such a bad unit doesn't mean you have to right to deem all of the units crap.

Seem like you're a flamer or like someone said, paid to badmouth the 1X

Go find yourself a lady boy or something and shutup!
TOYS:
Surfpad: Asus Transformer TF700 - Coming soon!
Phone 1: HTC One X
Phone 2: Samsung Galaxy S2

HTC One X settings: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post27026185

Prime C3 Serial Test (Surprisingly Good Results!): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1579754

Don't give up your Primes yet!

Hit Thanks if I helped!

About me: Free-lance Software Tester, Soft Test Engineer.

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3029
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Default Closed

This thread is going nowhere
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe