22nd April 2012, 05:08 AM   |  #11  
Flag Mukwonago
Thanks Meter: 745

941 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghepardo

Yes, I did updated my phone after the windows break, but I am still interop unlocked and I can still see the "windowbreak" inside the "GPS manager" diagnosis mený.

I applied manually all the registry settings in your gen2 provxml file, setting the boolean val as DWORDS (as suggested by drkfngthdragnlrd), but I still cannot see the ICS option in my settings menu.

Any clues ?

Roll back to stock firmware and update the os manually with cab sender
22nd April 2012, 07:53 AM   |  #12  
Flag Sorrento
Thanks Meter: 3

54 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by voluptuary

Roll back to stock firmware and update the os manually with cab sender

I'm in the same situation... If I restore the old firmware, then I enable ICS and finally I update my Windows Phone, the ICS still here?

And about the update to 8107 with cab sender, it broke future update on Omnia W... :S
22nd April 2012, 07:38 PM   |  #13  
Flag Mukwonago
Thanks Meter: 745

941 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdryJay

I'm in the same situation... If I restore the old firmware, then I enable ICS and finally I update my Windows Phone, the ICS still here?

And about the update to 8107 with cab sender, it broke future update on Omnia W... :S

ICS should still be there, infact if you update with CAB sender you can op to NOT install the firmware update. Just install the OS update. In order to ensure that you don't break future update you need to be sure to include all the language CAB's for the languages currently on your phone. If you do that you will be fine. Heathcliff74 has tools to help you figure out what CAB's you need to send over in his CAB update thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to voluptuary For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 09:08 PM   |  #14  
Flag Sorrento
Thanks Meter: 3

54 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sorry, I was wrong when I says that CAB sender brokes Samsung update on Omnia W.

I reverted back to 7720 and then updated to 8107 via Zune: then I've unbranded the phone to recive the Samsung update that returned the famous error 8018001E... So it's an incompatibility of the Samsung update with my (and other VOD-IT) Samsung Omnia W. Sorry for the OT and thanks...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ics, omnia w
Previous Thread Next Thread