Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 50,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] need help!"storage full" runnymede V6.0.4.3

Tip us?

seeding11
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I was running this ROM until a few days ago. I have a stock hboot like you but I had plenty of space using the stock a2sd that comes with the ROM, no need to install run an extra script (even if it did work with stock hboot). From memory, I had 500 or 600MB remaining for apps on my 1GB ext4 partition.
Looking at your TB screen, your ext4/a2sd partition is quite small, showing a 154MB partition (not 1.2GB) with just 978kb free - this would explain the low memory errors that you are getting. It would be worth taking another look at your partition in GParted.
Asus TF101 (B40)
AOKP Milestone 6

Samsung Galaxy S3
Completely stock (for now)

HTC Desire, recently retired, will live its final days/months/years with the LeeDrOiD HD port and a new (non-rooting) owner.

Total noob but loving my new "hobby" (ie. slight obsession) So much to learn around here!

cronus101
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeding11 View Post
I was running this ROM until a few days ago. I have a stock hboot like you but I had plenty of space using the stock a2sd that comes with the ROM, no need to install run an extra script (even if it did work with stock hboot). From memory, I had 500 or 600MB remaining for apps on my 1GB ext4 partition.
Looking at your TB screen, your ext4/a2sd partition is quite small, showing a 154MB partition (not 1.2GB) with just 978kb free - this would explain the low memory errors that you are getting. It would be worth taking another look at your partition in GParted.
You don't seem to understand. He has this problem (low a2sd) because of the x script. There is no need to change the partition. If you really want to use the xscript, change the hboot to cm7r2. But I would strongly advise you not to use it. Switch your hboot to cm7r2 and use a2sd. You will get more speed and enough app space.

Sent from my HTC Desire
The Following User Says Thank You to cronus101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ps.christos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I just started everything from the beggining.
1)dowload and rename PB99IMG_cm7r2 to PB99IMG
2)make the partision from the begginig(just in case)
3)i put the PB99IMG the Runnymede AIO V6.0.4.3 Special Edition and my old file clockworkmod.Clockworkmod just in case.
4)update the phone with PB99IMG(did not reboot)
5)went into recovery flashed the Runnymede AIO V6.0.4.3 Special Edition
6)reboot the system

The only strange thing is between 5 and 6 i got this message:
"Aroma installer finished…
E:Error in /sdcard/Runnymede_AIO_V6.0.4.3_Special.Edition.zip
(status 0)
Installation adorted."
what does it mean???Shouldn't i get:instalation finished or something like that??
The second thing i was confused is that i get opera mobile app cache cleaner and titanium backup without downloading them if i remember well the does not come with rom!!right??

P.S:1)i didn't put the AD2SDX zip file in sd-fat32 but i did get the option of it at the preferations in the rom installation(i hadn't this option before)
2)i will use for some days the rom and tell you what i get!

itachi1706
Old
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps.christos View Post
I just started everything from the beggining.
1)dowload and rename PB99IMG_cm7r2 to PB99IMG
2)make the partision from the begginig(just in case)
3)i put the PB99IMG the Runnymede AIO V6.0.4.3 Special Edition and my old file clockworkmod.Clockworkmod just in case.
4)update the phone with PB99IMG(did not reboot)
5)went into recovery flashed the Runnymede AIO V6.0.4.3 Special Edition
6)reboot the system

The only strange thing is between 5 and 6 i got this message:
"Aroma installer finished…
E:Error in /sdcard/Runnymede_AIO_V6.0.4.3_Special.Edition.zip
(status 0)
Installation adorted."
what does it mean???Shouldn't i get:instalation finished or something like that??
The second thing i was confused is that i get opera mobile app cache cleaner and titanium backup without downloading them if i remember well the does not come with rom!!right??

P.S:1)i didn't put the AD2SDX zip file in sd-fat32 but i did get the option of it at the preferations in the rom installation(i hadn't this option before)
2)i will use for some days the rom and tell you what i get!
Can you Post the aroma log here? I suspect it's because your have not fully wipe the partitions, hence the error. And the 2 apps it's possible that it came from before you reflashed the ROM.

The reason you have the A2SDX option now is because it is supposed to be used only with CM7r2 hboot and hence because you are using it, it appears as an option.

Sent from my HTC Original Desire with Android 4.0.4 ICS using Tapatalk
Main Phone

HTC One (M8) | Stock x.xx.707.x (Android 4.4.2 & Sense 6) | Stock x.x.xx | x.xxxx.xxx.xx

Dev Phones

HTC Desire (Bravo) l Sanvold ICS Beta 0.15.1 l 5.17.05.08 l 4EXT Touch 1.0.0.5 RC5 l 6.93.0001 PVT3 S-OFF l 2.6.38.8 Shaky ICS

HTC One X (EndeavourU) l Stock 4.19.707.3 (Android 4.2.2 & Sense 5) l Stock 3.1.10 l 5.1204.167.31

Computer OS
Win 8.1 Pro Build 9600

ps.christos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
[QUOTE=itachi1706;25120491]Can you Post the aroma log here? I suspect it's because your have not fully wipe the partitions, hence the error. And the 2 apps it's possible that it came from before you reflashed the ROM.

The reason you have the A2SDX option now is because it is supposed to be used only with CM7r2 hboot and hence because you are using it, it appears as an option.

I didn't understant what do you mean by this :"Can you Post the aroma log here?"
I make the partision from the beggining so i believe that sd-fat32 an sd-ex4 was completely empty,so there were no app in sd.
Let's talk about the phone now i did a full wipe(1)wipe data/factory reset
2)wipe cache partision(wipe cache)
3)advanced->wipe dalvik cache

So if i am not wrong no rom and no app should be neither to sd nor to phone.Right?

itachi1706
Old
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
1) Ignore the log part, I forgot that that's optional. Basically when you install a ROM with aroma, at the end there is an option to save log so that we can see what had gone wrong if problems cropped up like yours.
2) No. What you do just ensured that your sd-ext and data partition is empty. As such you will not have any apps, but your ROM (or most of it) is still intact as the system partition is not wiped. However, Sense roms from 3.0 and above will store some files on the sd-ext partition as there isn't enough space, so when you wipe the sd-ext (factory reset), you are left with an incomplete ROM.

Edit: To write system partition go to Advanced> format system

Main Phone

HTC One (M8) | Stock x.xx.707.x (Android 4.4.2 & Sense 6) | Stock x.x.xx | x.xxxx.xxx.xx

Dev Phones

HTC Desire (Bravo) l Sanvold ICS Beta 0.15.1 l 5.17.05.08 l 4EXT Touch 1.0.0.5 RC5 l 6.93.0001 PVT3 S-OFF l 2.6.38.8 Shaky ICS

HTC One X (EndeavourU) l Stock 4.19.707.3 (Android 4.2.2 & Sense 5) l Stock 3.1.10 l 5.1204.167.31

Computer OS
Win 8.1 Pro Build 9600

The Following User Says Thank You to itachi1706 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ps.christos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi1706 View Post
1) Ignore the log part, I forgot that that's optional. Basically when you install a ROM with aroma, at the end there is an option to save log so that we can see what had gone wrong if problems cropped up like yours.
2) No. What you do just ensured that your sd-ext and data partition is empty. As such you will not have any apps, but your ROM (or most of it) is still intact as the system partition is not wiped. However, Sense roms from 3.0 and above will store some files on the sd-ext partition as there isn't enough space, so when you wipe the sd-ext (factory reset), you are left with an incomplete ROM.

Edit: To write system partition go to Advanced> format system

So you suggest to do all from the beggining adding one step before reboot system: Advanced->format system????
As i saw at recovery->advance->(i have these options: )
-reboot recovery
-wipe dalvik cache
-wipe battery stats
-report error
-key test
-show log
-partision SD card
-Fix permissions

By the way options at recovery are
-reboot system now
-apply update from sdcard
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partision
-install zip from sdcard
-backup and restore
-mounts and storage
-advanced
-power off

what should i choose??

itachi1706
Old
(Last edited by itachi1706; 22nd April 2012 at 03:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So you suggest to do all from the beggining adding one step before reboot system: Advanced->format system????
As i saw at recovery->advance->(i have these options: )
-reboot recovery
-wipe dalvik cache
-wipe battery stats
-report error
-key test
-show log
-partision SD card
-Fix permissions

By the way options at recovery are
-reboot system now
-apply update from sdcard
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partision
-install zip from sdcard
-backup and restore
-mounts and storage
-advanced
-power off

what should i choose??
The option should be in mounts and storage if I'm not mistaken. Sorry, all the recoveries place it at different places and I get mixed up with the locations.

So all you do is (presuming you've changed to CM7r2 and your ext partition is created)
1) Full Wipe (Factory Reset, Wipe cache, Dalvik, Format System)
2) Flash ROM
3) Flash mods (optional)
4) reboot system

Main Phone

Dev Phones

Computer OS
Win 8.1 Pro Build 9600

The Following User Says Thank You to itachi1706 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ps.christos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi1706 View Post
The option should be in mounts and storage if I'm not mistaken. Sorry, all the recoveries place it at different places and I get mixed up with the locations.

So all you do is (presuming you've changed to CM7r2 and your ext partition is created)
1) Full Wipe (Factory Reset, Wipe cache, Dalvik, Format System)
2) Flash ROM
3) Flash mods (optional)
4) reboot system

Ok i am about to do this.I have only one question what are "mods"??
I saw its optional but flashing rom etc is not only to max mobile's performance but to also learn.

itachi1706
Old
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ok i am about to do this.I have only one question what are "mods"??
I saw its optional but flashing rom etc is not only to max mobile's performance but to also learn.
Mods just means modifications to the original Rom. If you check the threads normally, other than the original rom zips, there are normally the 'addons' such as framework mods, a2sd scripts etc. which you add after flashing the Rom.

Main Phone

Dev Phones

Computer OS
Win 8.1 Pro Build 9600