Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,510 Members 55,157 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to root and unroot our SGR without flashing via Odin?

Tip us?

bhargav143
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Default How to root and unroot our SGR without flashing via Odin?

Hi friends, has anybody tried rooting via Gingerbreak or ZergRush method? Is it safe? Why is this not working on SGR?

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA
Nokia 2600 ---> Nokia 5230 ---> Samsung i710 ---> Nokia 5800 ---> Samsung Galaxy 551 ---> Samsung Galaxy R + Sony Ericsson Cedar ---> Moto G XT1033
I am addicted to android.
Hit Thanks button if I helped you.

Visit my Dropbox folder for Galaxy R

sagarwadhwa1
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargav143 View Post
Hi friends, has anybody tried rooting via Gingerbreak or ZergRush method? Is it safe? Why is this not working on SGR?

Samsung Galaxy R is not such a widely used phone (can't seem to figure out why), hence, the low compatibility rate.
and i guess there is no other way to Root or Unroot your phone (just yet) without flashing via Odin. However no one's stopping you from trying other methods... Just be on the safe side and keep backups of everything.
P.S. : You won't void your warranty if you flash Stock Firmware or the CWM via Odin... And anything done by the CWM doesn't increase your custom counter so you are good to go for the warranty...
The Following User Says Thank You to sagarwadhwa1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bhargav143
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Thank you mate..... But, If I flash CWM.... will I be able to get back to stock recovery.... If yes... Could you give me a link for such guide.....

Nokia 2600 ---> Nokia 5230 ---> Samsung i710 ---> Nokia 5800 ---> Samsung Galaxy 551 ---> Samsung Galaxy R + Sony Ericsson Cedar ---> Moto G XT1033
I am addicted to android.
Hit Thanks button if I helped you.

Visit my Dropbox folder for Galaxy R
m.kochan10 Old
Thanks Meter
You get back stock recovery when you re-flash your fw via odin. If you don't want to reflash the whole fw, just take a recovery.img (or recovery.bin - I don't remember) from .tar package and create a separate .tar file for it -> and flash via odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FeralFire
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargav143 View Post
Thank you mate..... But, If I flash CWM.... will I be able to get back to stock recovery.... If yes... Could you give me a link for such guide.....

Just flash the Stock ROM. It will revert back everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to FeralFire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]