Screen Flicker Issue

Search This thread

xT4Z1N4TRx

Apr 13, 2011
Wolverhampton
Anyone else got this? Basically, when the phone screen isn't moving, such as when I'm reading some text, the screen flickers. For example, whenever I'm reading a post on xda, the white background around the text starts to flicker, and it is really noticeable in the dark while just reading posts in my rom thread, and its very distracting. (Happens when keyboard is open and closed)

Anyone else have this? Anyone know what part I should buy to replace it?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

niai_mack

Feb 19, 2011
i had this a few months ago and now the phone is on low all the time cant turn up, the brightness it still flickers a bit brighter every now and then.

if you have the same as me it isnt the screen i was thinking its was the ribbon cable and couldnt find a cheap replacement based on a hunch,
now i seen more people getting this i would guess its the driver board for the screen,
not looked in to this though and dont want to folk out money on a phone i am looking to replace as soon as the driod 4 gets GSM.

xT4Z1N4TRx

Apr 13, 2011
Wolverhampton
i had this a few months ago and now the phone is on low all the time cant turn up, the brightness it still flickers a bit brighter every now and then.

if you have the same as me it isnt the screen i was thinking its was the ribbon cable and couldnt find a cheap replacement based on a hunch,
now i seen more people getting this i would guess its the driver board for the screen,
not looked in to this though and dont want to folk out money on a phone i am looking to replace as soon as the driod 4 gets GSM.

Ahhh man, it's so noticeable when it's on low brightness:( my ribbons going too, I see screen tear when I open the keyboard ;( thanks

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA