Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

[Q] Is there a RUU for HBOOT 1.27.1100

OP james0912

22nd April 2012, 07:45 AM   |  #11  
Flag Apeldoorn
Thanks Meter: 38

151 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0912

Hello,
my HTC SENSATION has the HBOOT Version 1.27.1100 and I want to download a RUU to restore my HTC device completely. But I canīt find a RUU with this HBOOT version.
I only have to download the right RUU and install it on my HTC device to restore it completely, right?

When you install a rom by a RUU, it will also flash the stock Hboot version. Take a look at the shipped roms thread.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA
22nd April 2012, 09:48 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 98

324 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0912

Hello,
my HTC SENSATION has the HBOOT Version 1.27.1100 and I want to download a RUU to restore my HTC device completely. But I canīt find a RUU with this HBOOT version.
I only have to download the right RUU and install it on my HTC device to restore it completely, right?

Hboot 1.27 is clearly ICS.

Download official RUU from here (RUU_PYRAMID_ICS_HTC_Europe_3.32.401.5_Radio_11.69 .3504.00U_11.22.3504.07_M_release_246089_signed)

This is the latest official ICS RUU for unbranded Europe Sensation.
If your device is branded or your region is not Europe then search for the appropriare RUU.

Run the exe from pc with phone usb plugged. It will restore your phone as "out of the box".

Hope it helped.
Last edited by kualmente; 22nd April 2012 at 10:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kualmente For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 10:03 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 66

314 posts
Man I really don't understand any of this lol......... I'm just gonna ask a few questions and you guys can either respond or not....

1) I am on stock ICS, rooted, with HTC Dev Unlocked and using Clockwork. If I wanted to un-root, remove clockwork and re-lock the Hboot... How would that go exactly? 1.27.0000 etc...

2) I don't understand why getting S-Off is so difficult. If one would simply downgrade from ICS to GB, wouldn't that change the Hboot version to a lower one, and then you would be able to use the Revolutionary way? Or is that not possible to do? Or does the downgrade not affect the Hboot?

3) Which Custom ROM am I able to flash at the moment? Any, based on ICS?
22nd April 2012, 10:13 AM   |  #14  
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 11,221

14,655 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FnH84

Man I really don't understand any of this lol......... I'm just gonna ask a few questions and you guys can either respond or not....

1) I am on stock ICS, rooted, with HTC Dev Unlocked and using Clockwork. If I wanted to un-root, remove clockwork and re-lock the Hboot... How would that go exactly? 1.27.0000 etc...

2) I don't understand why getting S-Off is so difficult. If one would simply downgrade from ICS to GB, wouldn't that change the Hboot version to a lower one, and then you would be able to use the Revolutionary way? Or is that not possible to do? Or does the downgrade not affect the Hboot?

3) Which Custom ROM am I able to flash at the moment? Any, based on ICS?

Hi,

1. I think that you can just run the RUU in the post above yours.(If your phone is European)
2.Downgrading is not possible on hboot 1.27.000
HTC have locked you out of this possibility.
3.As you say.Any 3.32. based ICS ROM.

The Following User Says Thank You to malybru For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 10:19 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 66

314 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malybru

Hi,

1. I think that you can just run the RUU in the post above yours.(If your phone is European)
2.Downgrading is not possible on hboot 1.27.000
HTC have locked you out of this possibility.
3.As you say.Any 3.32. based ICS ROM.

Thank you very much Not planning un-root but was just wondering, in case I have to do that at some point, it's good to know how
22nd April 2012, 10:26 AM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 3,264

5,494 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FnH84

It can be done only by running corresponding RUU which can be found based on your firmware(in your case it is 3.32) and cid (to get cid "fastboot getvar cid")...if you are unbranded i.e. cid is HTC__001..then you can run the above mentioned ruu...or else you should get the appropriate one...if you can't find it then post your cid along with radio..we can find the appropriate one for you

Quote:

If you are S-ON you can't downgrade...not by running a RUU or by flashing firmware directly...that's why people use revolutionary first to get soff and then they'll flash unlocked firmware to update the hboot and all...

It you are SOFF you can literally do anything ..upgrade, downgrade..its your choice..

Quote:

3 ) Which Custom ROM am I able to flash at the moment? Any, based on ICS?

As you are unlocked via HTC dev..if you update your recovery with 4EXT latest one which has smartflash mode ON(exclusive SON flash)..you could have any ROM

Edit: I'm bit late huh anyways for more detailed answer look ay my post

sent from my blazing fast pyramid through sonic waves
Last edited by ganeshp; 22nd April 2012 at 10:30 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread