XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Serious battery issues

Tip us?

ImHuge07
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Default Serious battery issues

My phone keeps shutting off all the sudden like the battery is suddenly dieing. It doesn't matter what the battery percentage is. I'll manage to reboot it after a few tries and every time the battery percentage jumps around. I'll boot up into recovery and can play around in there all day without the phone shutting off but once I leave recovery it keeps happening randomly. The only time it won't reboot is when I have it plugged in (this is how I narrowed it down to a battery issue).

I've tried charging it all the way up but it still happens. I've wiped battery stats and have done a full wipe and fresh install. It happens with custom kernels AMD the stock kernel.

Is my battery fried or is there something else I can do?

Sorry for any typos I'm on my phone now.

droy.cms
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had similar problems. By chance, do u use juice defender? I was troubleshooting my issues and when I stopped using JD my shutoff problems disappeared.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using XDA

ImHuge07
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by droy.cms View Post
I had similar problems. By chance, do u use juice defender? I was troubleshooting my issues and when I stopped using JD my shutoff problems disappeared.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using XDA
Nope no apps for the battery or cpu. The only "tweaking" app I use is sd booster. I don't see how that could do anything though.

craven667
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Try reseting battery data in recovery

Sent from my Sensation 4G using xda premium

shammanCZ
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Have same issue, didnt managed to fix it so far

musa91
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHuge07 View Post
My phone keeps shutting off all the sudden like the battery is suddenly dieing. It doesn't matter what the battery percentage is. I'll manage to reboot it after a few tries and every time the battery percentage jumps around. I'll boot up into recovery and can play around in there all day without the phone shutting off but once I leave recovery it keeps happening randomly. The only time it won't reboot is when I have it plugged in (this is how I narrowed it down to a battery issue).

I've tried charging it all the way up but it still happens. I've wiped battery stats and have done a full wipe and fresh install. It happens with custom kernels AMD the stock kernel.

Is my battery fried or is there something else I can do?

Sorry for any typos I'm on my phone now.

i had the same issue two days ago and i fix it with this changing back firmware from 3.32 to 3.12 read post here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1610232

& try it if u like for two days i had no issue

IT Manager Musa