Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 42,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROMs] [11/04/12] Three Musketeers Present...MIUI 4 V1 Beta \ Sense 4.0 V2 Beta

Tip us?

benjamin.j.goodwin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4972

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermahn View Post
When you have a 6 month old baby (Called Spyder Mahn) then you have alot of early morning time on your hands.
Think it would have been more impressive if it had been sent of your handset

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app
NEXUS 5 (RED)
BEERGANG BETA
ELEMENTALX

shingers5
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasuc View Post
Come on guys, why you all jumped on gunman....after all, he did not insult any of you devs or your work, he expressed some anger and showed his frustration that he won't be able to have a nice full working Sense 4.0 Rom on his SXL. I am gutted too, but unlike me or others, gunman decided that there is something left to say when 3 of our best devs decided to go leaving unfinished work behind. Judging from an honest point of view, it comes that I pretty much reason with him. You all mentioned that this work is time consuming, unpaid and you all devs do it for pleasure (we appreciate this and trust me, we don't know how to thank you enough for it), but at the same time you offered yourself to do this. It's technically the same thing as if I offered my friend to tune up his car because I would take pleasure in doing so and I am damn good at it, but then half way through the process I decide to stop doing the tunnning and return his car unfinished. At the end it's all resumed to a matter of ethics. Gunman probably tried to say the same thing, and tried to make you devs feel a bit guilty, with the hope that you would probably return and finish the job off.
I have been following this thread on a daily basis and kept on eye on everyone's questions and answers, but again, come on, what are you like, 12. Someone shows a bit of frustration and you all jump up like you'be been punched in the face. Moreover, some of you come up with smart-ass, arrogant replys saying that spiders are not bugs and not all bugs are insects, and then others pop in and applaud the way gunman was told off. Let me tell you something, we live in a free world and have the liberty to say and do whatever we like, mainly because people like Gunman, who unlike the rest, he's got the guts to come up front and tell what he doesn't like, at the same time showing that he understands and is guided in life by some ethics and want others to do the same. But I probably better stop here, I already said more than I intended!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL whis BA using XDA
Anger and frustration can be expressed in many ways and there is a dignified way and a damn right disrespectul way. As you are aware there are many ways to express discontent but his choice was outta order hence the backlash. The way i see it if you stopped fixing your mates car halfway through he wouldnt have passed his frustration on you. You know why? Because you tried to HELP! Thats all we did was try to help. Now he would have 2 choices either pay to get car fixed properly or sell It's ass. Period. Same choices with xl. I hold no personal grudges against anyone but nor should i have to explain why i chose another device. It's my right period. I too would have liked to have a fully working sense 4 on device but with no sources and an ever degrading dev pool it was obvious move

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
LG G3 - WHITE 16gb
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 - N7100
All Custom Roms I use are built by Vertigo and Ben. Trust those guys completely

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it

AndroHero
Old
Thanks Meter 892
Your being disrespectful now. So what makes you any diffrent to the people you hate?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2
------------------------------------------------------------
My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Rom Version - 3 Musketeers Insanely Cool Sense v2.2.1
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13

spydermahn
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero View Post
Your being disrespectful now. So what makes you any diffrent to the people you hate?

directed at who?

.:Petunia:.
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I think one should get back to opic! either there is a way - alex ????? ;) - to make these two wondeful roms work or we can simply close this thread. no reason to keep arguing. as sad as it is!

[vertigo]
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 6462
This is getting way out of hand now... Yeah he expressed his anger, and yeah we didn't like it. But if we still had the devices now, the rom's wouldn't be any further on, we'd hit a brick wall on the developing front, we took them as far as we (non developers) could. The amount of hours we spent trying to get those last few fixes was staggering.... So thats why I don't feel guilty of leaving it the way it was because we'd done as much as we could/was able to do with it...

I've forwarded all the fixes as far as we could take them to Alex. But I just want to say we didn't leave the job half done.... The only thing that our rom was different to every other sense 4 port out there was the sdcard mounting was temperamental, once that gets sorted it will be the same as every other sense 4 port out there....

Yeah he can express his anger, but when we do the same, its us that's the bad guys. Yeah we may have left them unfinished, but we had taken them as far as we were able too. And finally we don't have to justify to anyone why we decided to buy a new phone and sell the SXL.

If he doesn't like the rom in its current state don't use it, use a different one, we aren't making him use the rom....

Can this now be an end to it..... Can we do what it says in the OP and come together as a community and help try to get the fixes and try to get it working together.... Cos if not I may as well get the thread locked....

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app
Current: LG G2 [d802] Running: BeerGang New 0.7 Beta [4.4.4]
Current: LG G Flex [D955] Running: Rooted Stock.... and using Xposed with G2 module

AndroHero
Old
Thanks Meter 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermahn View Post
directed at who?
Everyone

------------------------------------------------------------
My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Rom Version - 3 Musketeers Insanely Cool Sense v2.2.1
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13

Gunman84
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Oh my god, all i wanted was that this Rom gets finished,i never said that they cant buy them self a new phone. I thought they are going to leave and not help us further.CALL ME AROGANT ,DICTATOR, RUDE... ,I NEVER SAID THAT TO ANY ONE-- .For SpyderMahn no my native language is not English so i make mistakes when writhing, and my name here in this forum (Gunman84) is the name i used in some game in the past,and i chose it because i didnt not what to write when i was signing in. And i am not arogant at all, i like helping others, i am always helping my friends rooting and installing new Roms,and giving advices and never ask anything in return.--- AND FOR SENSE 4.0 ROM COULDN'T WE ASK SOMEONE FOR HELP OVER THE DHD FORUM BECAUSE THEIR SENSE 4.0 ROM IS SIMILAR TO THIS ONE HERE ,AND IT'S ALMOST FINISHED, AND DHD IS A VERY SIMILAR PHONE TO SXL TOO.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gunman84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spydermahn
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Dhd has already been investigated, hence the brick wall that vertigo said about

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL whis BA using XDA

JoeVoo
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Just for the record I don't remember anyone calling anyone a dictator!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium