..if you have problem ....you need first ->format device : into SDE -> Format System ->Reformat Device -> I Understand -> Ok ! and copy here original firmware 4.0.5 firmware_archos_it4.aos;
...now copy ICS@BLUE in Internal Storage and go to SDE -> Recovery System -> Developer Edition Menu -> Remove Android Kernel -> I Understand -> OK ! --> Developer Edition Menu -> Flash Kernel & Initramfs - > copy here zImage and initramfs -> OK ! ...wait for reboot !!! that it's all - ....should be work very well now . Good luck .
here is was i did now:
- reformat device
- copy original ICS on the devise
- run ICS first setups (calibration and stuff)
- activated USB debugging
- sent new firmware via adb push...
- restarted into Developer Edition Menue
- removed Android Kernel (it took only half a second i didn't get any feedback)
- installed new Kernel and Initramfs by copying the 2 files onto the device
- android logo was shown longer than usual
- then the animated BLUE logo apeared
- system started
Again it failed.
I am not root.
[EDIT]: just to be sure: there is no google account necessary (for the preparation of the 31 apps at the start of your ROM)?