Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][DISCONTINUED] GingerDX | v031b | 11-03-2013 | Stock / Alfs CM7 / nAa

Tip us?
B.Jay Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_na View Post
I have mentioned this before in this thread. When I was trying out GDX V23. GPS doesn't give proper location on Google maps. Same prob with GDX V25. Now you might say it has nothing to do with the ROM as you guys said before, but how come the same modded Google map Works properly and gives the correct location in other ROMS I've tried?
If you're using a modded GMaps version then you're on your own, buddy.

Google Maps (the GENUINE one) on GingerDX v025 (on Stock Kernel) pin-points my EXACT location within a 15m error margin - no matter where I fire it up to have it tell me where I am. EDIT: Actually Maps ALWAYS worked reliable for me from GingerDX v009 (first version I used) up to the current one.

I've no idea why it doesn't work for some, but it sure IS connected to some odd problems caused by star constellation, moon phase and humidity. In other words: Logfiles or figure it out yourself what causes the problem.

p1lo
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Jay View Post
If you're using a modded GMaps version then you're on your own, buddy.

Google Maps (the GENUINE one) on GingerDX v025 (on Stock Kernel) pin-points my EXACT location within a 15m error margin - no matter where I fire it up to have it tell me where I am. EDIT: Actually Maps ALWAYS worked reliable for me from GingerDX v009 (first version I used) up to the current one.

I've no idea why it doesn't work for some, but it sure IS connected to some odd problems caused by star constellation, moon phase and humidity. In other words: Logfiles or figure it out yourself what causes the problem.
modded GMaps? Link to download?
E10i: nAa14+MiniCM7 2.2.1
E15i: nAa14+MiniCM7 2.2.1

My GingerDX FAQ Accelerometer problem: Fix Google Play Store error 904 Fix1 Fix2 SmartDialer doesn't work?Fix
Ops... if them help you push this

eagleeyetom
Old
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Portal Team - Lost in Amsterdam - OP
Thanks Meter 11248

DONATE TO ME
Modded version allows to use navigation in unsupported countries. That's the only difference. You may find it, just use search function.

Sent from my X8 using xda premium

UAL4588
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
I know probably this has nothing to do with the rom, but then I'm not sure why this happened. I tried downloading Simsimi, it came down, and upon installing the phone locked up and failed. It didn't reboot though, the screen went into this collection of colored dots and I had to pull the battery. So on the third try with same results I did a logcat. I'm on my phone so I can't give the file but I found a line right before the services died that said:"attempt to create temp file failed" by package manager. Does anyone know the reason? Or solution? Thanks ahead.

Sent from my X8 using XDA
Phone: HTC One(M7)

Rom: Stock T-mobile 4.3

Kernal: Stock

Your phone could benefit a lot if you quit trying to make it run like a IPhone.
We beat the hell out of an IPhone.
[New Members][Guide] Get the most out of XDA!!

molimo
Old
Thanks Meter 19
@ B.Jay & eagleeyetom:
How can I replace GPS files in "GDXv23-25" with "GDX-v22"?
I don't know what files are need for this plan?
My GPS worked fine until v23 but after that It has never worked fine.
Please help me. thank you

mimorqleko
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by molimo View Post
I have this problem too. My GPS doesn't work fine. Alf+v25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithunter View Post
same problem with me..... ;'(
Try using stock kernel instead. No GPS issues

venereo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Error_...tioning_System

Cultivate yourself

vientito
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default wifi behaviour

Finally upgraded to the latest v.25.

My wifi sleep policy is always checked to NEVER.

What does it imply? When screen turns off and phone goes into sleep. For most part wifi connection is always established. However, what exactly will happen if there's a wifi signal drop on the part of the router. From time to time I have observed that the signal strength would go from -20dBm to -95dBm momentarily then reception is practically cut out. If phone is on, the wifi connection would re-establish after wifi strength flip back to normal. But my question is what happen if the screen is locked and phone is in sleep?

novincobra
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAL4588 View Post
I know probably this has nothing to do with the rom, but then I'm not sure why this happened. I tried downloading Simsimi, it came down, and upon installing the phone locked up and failed. It didn't reboot though, the screen went into this collection of colored dots and I had to pull the battery. So on the third try with same results I did a logcat. I'm on my phone so I can't give the file but I found a line right before the services died that said:"attempt to create temp file failed" by package manager. Does anyone know the reason? Or solution? Thanks ahead.

just try wipe dalvik cache, wipe cache partition and run full wipe. works great gdx v24 + alfs kernel v8a in my phone
Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250M
Recovery: TWRP Touch 2.7.0.0 maguro
ROM: AOSPA 4.4 (KitKat 4.4.2)
Kernel: PA Stock
Radio: i9250XXLJ1
RIL: XXLH1
Bootloader: PRIMEMD04

neo_na
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1lo View Post
modded GMaps? Link to download?
This is the one I am using.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1007132

Tags
2.3.5, 2.3.7, best rom, daily rom, doixanh, epic, fully working camera, gingerdx, gingerdx [cm7], ics in gb, pie in gingerdx, smooth gingerbread, super fast, teamfun, x8 rom