[ROM][DISCONTINUED] GingerDX | v031b | 11-03-2013 | Stock / Alfs CM7 / nAa

OP eagleeyetom

B.Jay
22nd April 2012, 07:30 AM   |  #8991  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_na

I have mentioned this before in this thread. When I was trying out GDX V23. GPS doesn't give proper location on Google maps. Same prob with GDX V25. Now you might say it has nothing to do with the ROM as you guys said before, but how come the same modded Google map Works properly and gives the correct location in other ROMS I've tried?

If you're using a modded GMaps version then you're on your own, buddy.

Google Maps (the GENUINE one) on GingerDX v025 (on Stock Kernel) pin-points my EXACT location within a 15m error margin - no matter where I fire it up to have it tell me where I am. EDIT: Actually Maps ALWAYS worked reliable for me from GingerDX v009 (first version I used) up to the current one.

I've no idea why it doesn't work for some, but it sure IS connected to some odd problems caused by star constellation, moon phase and humidity. In other words: Logfiles or figure it out yourself what causes the problem.
22nd April 2012, 10:24 AM   |  #8992  
Flag Venice
Thanks Meter: 30

200 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Jay

If you're using a modded GMaps version then you're on your own, buddy.

Google Maps (the GENUINE one) on GingerDX v025 (on Stock Kernel) pin-points my EXACT location within a 15m error margin - no matter where I fire it up to have it tell me where I am. EDIT: Actually Maps ALWAYS worked reliable for me from GingerDX v009 (first version I used) up to the current one.

I've no idea why it doesn't work for some, but it sure IS connected to some odd problems caused by star constellation, moon phase and humidity. In other words: Logfiles or figure it out yourself what causes the problem.

modded GMaps? Link to download?
22nd April 2012, 10:47 AM   |  #8993  
OP Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Portal Team
Flag Somewhere in Poland
Thanks Meter: 11,601

6,331 posts
Donate to Me
More
Modded version allows to use navigation in unsupported countries. That's the only difference. You may find it, just use search function.

Sent from my X8 using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 01:08 PM   |  #8994  
Flag West Lafayette
Thanks Meter: 26

266 posts
Donate to Me
More
I know probably this has nothing to do with the rom, but then I'm not sure why this happened. I tried downloading Simsimi, it came down, and upon installing the phone locked up and failed. It didn't reboot though, the screen went into this collection of colored dots and I had to pull the battery. So on the third try with same results I did a logcat. I'm on my phone so I can't give the file but I found a line right before the services died that said:"attempt to create temp file failed" by package manager. Does anyone know the reason? Or solution? Thanks ahead.

Sent from my X8 using XDA
22nd April 2012, 01:21 PM   |  #8995  
Tehran
Thanks Meter: 19

171 posts
More
@ B.Jay & eagleeyetom:
How can I replace GPS files in "GDXv23-25" with "GDX-v22"?
I don't know what files are need for this plan?
My GPS worked fine until v23 but after that It has never worked fine.
Please help me. thank you
22nd April 2012, 02:09 PM   |  #8996  
Flag LA
Thanks Meter: 96

341 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by molimo

I have this problem too. My GPS doesn't work fine. Alf+v25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithunter

same problem with me..... ;'(

Try using stock kernel instead. No GPS issues
22nd April 2012, 04:42 PM   |  #8997  
Thanks Meter: 8

106 posts
More
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Error_...tioning_System

Cultivate yourself

22nd April 2012, 04:44 PM   |  #8998  
Thanks Meter: 9

114 posts
wifi behaviour
Finally upgraded to the latest v.25.

My wifi sleep policy is always checked to NEVER.

What does it imply? When screen turns off and phone goes into sleep. For most part wifi connection is always established. However, what exactly will happen if there's a wifi signal drop on the part of the router. From time to time I have observed that the signal strength would go from -20dBm to -95dBm momentarily then reception is practically cut out. If phone is on, the wifi connection would re-establish after wifi strength flip back to normal. But my question is what happen if the screen is locked and phone is in sleep?
22nd April 2012, 04:59 PM   |  #8999  
Flag Bandung, West Java
Thanks Meter: 21

87 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAL4588

I know probably this has nothing to do with the rom, but then I'm not sure why this happened. I tried downloading Simsimi, it came down, and upon installing the phone locked up and failed. It didn't reboot though, the screen went into this collection of colored dots and I had to pull the battery. So on the third try with same results I did a logcat. I'm on my phone so I can't give the file but I found a line right before the services died that said:"attempt to create temp file failed" by package manager. Does anyone know the reason? Or solution? Thanks ahead.

just try wipe dalvik cache, wipe cache partition and run full wipe. works great gdx v24 + alfs kernel v8a in my phone
23rd April 2012, 12:46 AM   |  #9000  
Thanks Meter: 10

164 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1lo

modded GMaps? Link to download?

This is the one I am using.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1007132

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.3.5, 2.3.7, best rom, daily rom, doixanh, epic, fully working camera, gingerdx, gingerdx [cm7], ics in gb, pie in gingerdx, smooth gingerbread, super fast, teamfun, x8 rom
Previous Thread Next Thread