Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix

Tip us?

krioo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Crash on MIUI 2.4.6.

Hi there!
I have exeption after trying to use any version above 15
My core is 2.6.37.6-cyanogen-g9813be8

pls contact to me for investigate skype mikhail.alilekov

hshah
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by krioo View Post
Hi there!
I have exeption after trying to use any version above 15
My core is 2.6.37.6-cyanogen-g9813be8

pls contact to me for investigate skype mikhail.alilekov
Is that an ICS ROM?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S II

HackitZ
Old
Thanks Meter 270

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gIMpSTa View Post
Its not a matter of motivation but rather its near impossible to do. This is a closed source keyboard mod. You can't just open it up and modify resolution. An htc ime that fits your screen would have to exist and then be modded to match this version. Basically starting from scratch.

Get smartkeyboard pro. May take a few minutes to setup how you like but it literally can do everything this can do and then some. You can even theme it to the point you will think its htc ime still.
Ok so now with the latest keyboards from htc (one with the arrows), can you or better yet, are you still going to develop this? I would undersatnd if your not, just wanted to know if developing this further was in your plans.

Thanks for the typing help on all my androids.

Do anything long enough and sooner or later thats who you will become!

dahwe
Old
(Last edited by dahwe; 24th April 2012 at 04:46 PM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 20
I was trying to patch the low-res HTC_IME to work with ICS (on HTC Legend), but I am stuck..

I must say that I am a complete n00b on programming/coding, but I thought I'd give it a shot with the help of some tutorials (as this is supposed to be a rather simple modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty_7564 View Post
Here is a quick fixed ICS Version - Tested on SGS2 XWLP4. The change was in com.htc.android.htcime.ui.CandidateView.draw , changing FIRST_STATE_SET to EMPTY_STATE_SET. No idea what else this has affected!
I decompiled my themed HTC_IME_lo.apk and all looks okay. All files seem to be there, with all subfolders and smali files.

I found the mentioned com.htc.android.htcime.ui.CandidateView.draw and changed the value to EMTPY_STATE_SET and saved the file.

Allright, now I need to recompile all these files. I got myself a new classes.dex, replaced the old one in the apk with the new one. At first try, it would not install, forgot to sign the apk , but after that it installed without any error.

Then I switched to the HTC_IME mod.. tried to write a message, but before the keyboard popped up... bam! force closed.

Can someone give a hint? I can attach the decompiled apk with the edited smali so someone else creates the new apk? I am sort of on the limits of my skills already

Attachment: this is the file package I got from the MIUI section (not using that framework ofcourse) and used to perform the above actions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	files.png
Views:	305
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1022386  
Attached Files
File Type: apk HTC_IME_lo_ics.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.49 MB, 103 views)

krioo
Old
(Last edited by krioo; 27th April 2012 at 01:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshah View Post
Is that an ICS ROM?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S II
No I think it's based on Gingerbread 2.3.7 [HTC Desire].
I can sent to u email the error report - it's automaticly creates by MIUI for developers

circleofomega
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 140
One for the road, one for qHD...plz!

angelssend
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello again,

Maybe anyone likes to help me?
i use the Xperia S with GB 2.37. The Display hast 1280x700 pixel an 4.3 zoll.
The Htc.ime high res looks like this on it:

its too small
Any idea how to get in normal size?

MILFan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
I recently moved to ICS stock for Neo V, on GB I was using htc_ime but now, when Im using ICS I have got an error. Guys, do u have any fix for this problem?

Sorry for my english.

qwerty_7564
Old
Thanks Meter 179
The com.htc.android.htcime.voice package within the low and hi22 versions are different. The classes within this package were causing the problem in the low version so I switched the whole package with the hi22 one and it appears to load the keyboard now. Didn't go into any detail as to why they are different.

Haven't tested the voice function properly because I was testing it in the Android Emulator. The voice window appeared but I don't have a microphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahwe View Post
I was trying to patch the low-res HTC_IME to work with ICS (on HTC Legend), but I am stuck..

I must say that I am a complete n00b on programming/coding, but I thought I'd give it a shot with the help of some tutorials (as this is supposed to be a rather simple modification

I decompiled my themed HTC_IME_lo.apk and all looks okay. All files seem to be there, with all subfolders and smali files.

I found the mentioned com.htc.android.htcime.ui.CandidateView.draw and changed the value to EMTPY_STATE_SET and saved the file.

Allright, now I need to recompile all these files. I got myself a new classes.dex, replaced the old one in the apk with the new one. At first try, it would not install, forgot to sign the apk , but after that it installed without any error.

Then I switched to the HTC_IME mod.. tried to write a message, but before the keyboard popped up... bam! force closed.

Can someone give a hint? I can attach the decompiled apk with the edited smali so someone else creates the new apk? I am sort of on the limits of my skills already

Attachment: this is the file package I got from the MIUI section (not using that framework ofcourse) and used to perform the above actions.
Attached Files
File Type: apk HTC_IME_lo_ics.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.49 MB, 91 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty_7564 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qwerty_7564
Old
Thanks Meter 179
You can find the ICS version of the keyboard at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1594642

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILFan View Post
Hi,
I recently moved to ICS stock for Neo V, on GB I was using htc_ime but now, when Im using ICS I have got an error. Guys, do u have any fix for this problem?

Sorry for my english.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty_7564 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
htc ime