Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 44,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy note or HTC one x

Tip us?

dazzlet
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Galaxy note or HTC one x

Which would you reconend from the 2 devices in the title and why? Thanks for any input

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
Device: HTC sensation
Rom: InsertCoin 4.6.1
Radio: 11.69.3504.00I_11.22.3504.07_M
Recovery: 4ext latest version ( always update)

pboesboes
Old
Thanks Meter 77
You do realize you're only going to get biased answers here, right?

I went for the Note because it has a bigger screen, a stylus, a replaceable battery and an sdcard slot.

krhn
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Likewise...mainly for the screen size... I mean I have friends who all have 4.6 in down and it looks absolutely normal from spectator's, I on the other hand love the attention - yrs spec wise HTC one x does outweigh the phablet - you can compare this to apple laptops vs Sony, HP... the Macs have the lower specs overall yet people buy it for its unique looks and simplicity...(probably why the upcoming windows 8 look so much simpler than W7)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

whatsaqazza
Old
Thanks Meter 57
It pretty much come down to this

GNote: Battery life and huge beautiful screen
One X: Quad-core

I don't think quad is needed as of now, so I would pick the GNote
TracFone > LG Chocolate > LG enV2 > Motorola Droid > Sony Ericsson Xperia x10a > Motorola Atrix 4g > Samsung Captivate > Motorola Atrix 4g > Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 (DREAM PHONE <3)

friend'scatdied
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Another "me-too" phone with higher-end specs (One X) vs. a genuinely unique, niche device (phablet with Wacom digitizer; N7000).

Seems like two different markets.
HTC HD2 T9193→Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250M→LG Google Nexus 4 E960→Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889

Souai
Old
Thanks Meter 100
the main improvements over the note come from the one x's quad core CPU. if you compare them both in GPU benchmarks at the same ressy, they both perform quite similarly. when nvidia announced that the tegra3 would be 3x faster... they were comparing it to the tegra2.

so the main improvement will be in web browsing (android browser supports quads), smoother interface, and improvements in apps that support multicores (very few do aside from benches).

the only thing that peeves me about the one x is that it doesnt have a microsd slot, but im sure i can work around that with a usb on the go adapter since the htc one x supposedly has an mhl port.

at the moment, im just waiting for the other quad core phones to launch to see if there are any gems. the LG 4X interests me with its expandable storage (support for 64gb microSD), but it doesnt support the 850mhz band on 3G which would be bad for me since vodafone AU has a better 850mhz network than it does with its 900mhz network. theres also the galaxy s3 (same mali gpu but with quad core, so should perform on par with tegra3) and theres a fujitsu tegra 3 phone that has a 13.1mp camera and expandable storage coming soon as well, which should be quiet interesting.

i generally buy my phones outright... so when theres competition, theres a price drop, and thats a win for everyone!

andresalonika
Old
(Last edited by andresalonika; 22nd April 2012 at 03:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Im gona put my Note in the drawer until ICS and probably get an One X just because i wanna surf the web from its stock web browser flawlessly in contrast to Note's choppy stock browser that loses its hardware acceleration all the time which is a big let down for me.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Nexus 10
iPhone 5
HTC One
Galaxy S4

Ceejayx
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlet View Post
Which would you reconend from the 2 devices in the title and why? Thanks for any input

Well what are you looking for in a phone ?

Mainly to play games, browse social network etc ?

These are the questions i asked myself. And all answers seemed to point to the note

avetny
Old
(Last edited by avetny; 22nd April 2012 at 05:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,594
quadcore better than dual core.

M3TALLICA
Old
Thanks Meter 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlet View Post

Either Galaxy Note or Galaxy Note II.