Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 48,144 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocking HTC HD7

Tip us?

gargamel35
Old
(Last edited by gargamel35; 28th January 2012 at 10:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Now I have HSPL on my HD7 and I am trying to install Ansar's Schubert 1.69 unlock package. (check: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post16297399). But I can not pass to the U2M7720 installation since I use Windows XP and I can not install APPLICATION DEPLOYMENT on my computer (it is included in SDK 7.1 for Windows 7 and Vista and it is only designed for these 2 operating systems. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with XP).

So, my question is, what is the substitution for APPLICATION DEPLOYMENT that runs .xap files? I have to deploy U2M7720 to continue unlocking my HD7. I need your help guys! Thanks...

polihron89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargamel35 View Post
PD29100 SS-BC (4K)
SPL-1.16.2250.0(110866)
MicroP(LED) 0x07
TOUCH S1(v1.8,#1624)

SD SANDISK 15193MB Class0
Partition Info-v211v413

Serial

Here are the details on the screen. Please tell me what to do next. Thanks a lot my friend...
Hello everyone, I was also gonna ask about bootloader, but since gargamel has already asked, i just want to know if my phone is also able to have a custom rom . My specs are the same as gargamel35 except for SPL : mine is SPL-1.69.2250.0(117833). Thank you in advance!

jhonny
Old
Thanks Meter 70
yes

cheers and have a gr8 day
The Following User Says Thank You to jhonny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hotdogggg
Old
(Last edited by hotdogggg; 22nd April 2012 at 03:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default htc hd7 unlocking

Pd29110 ss-bc 4k spl -5.12.2250.0 135916 mng microp led 0 07 touch s1 v2.b, #1625 - sd sandisk 15193mb partition info -v211v413 but I called t mobile usa and they gave me my unlock code is that all I need to officialy unlock it ..then I can just go head and skip the spl n stuff and just install the custom rom? just like that or no? aslo ...I watched youtubes and they said in order to enter the unlock code just to unlock your phone u need to inert any non t mobile simcard in order to enter my code..to unlock tru? or there a way I can just enter it with my sim card .

jhonny
Old
Thanks Meter 70
hello hotdogggg

you are talking about 2 diffrent things.

first one, you called t mobile and got unlock code, thats to unlock phone so you can now use any sim card with any mobile provider.

second , if you want custom rom then you still have to downgrade your RSPL/HSPL

sh4d0w86 has the best instructions here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1295068

thanks button is next to the qoute button
The Following User Says Thank You to jhonny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hotdogggg
Old
(Last edited by hotdogggg; 25th April 2012 at 04:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
ooooh okay..i see yea they are 2 differ totally things ....also I been looking up how to do custom roms for 2 months now still havnt figured it out I did learn a bit tho..but ya now I do no that I have to downgrade my os and bootlloader both together or can I just down grade my bootloader only and that's it ..and then I can just install custom roms.im probly the dumbest slow learner on here about custom roms lol but smart on everthing else but I got your link lets see … also I don't have the ability to make a what u call Y cable and I don't have a micr sd or card reader slots built on my pc cuz I built a custom pc without a card reader ..as I just use usb slots only so the y cable and gold card method cant be used at all so .only way to do custom roms is thrugh my usb 2.0 or 3.0 connections . probly no other ways invented yet …Any how I downloaded task 00 and task 29 then 2nd step I got to Where it says if your bootloader is 5.xx..wich mine is ..can I do any of those methods even ansars? downgrade process

jhonny
Old
Thanks Meter 70
hi mate

you have to downgrade your HSPL.
when you flash a stock rom that will aslo downgrade your HSPL at the same time.
try any stock rom, ansar has a couple
check bootloder...HSPL to be less then 3x
after each go

hotdogggg
Old
(Last edited by hotdogggg; 25th April 2012 at 09:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
it was said ...that after sim unlocking ...2 users have reported that the 5.10 europe rom worked --> Update on 30.12.2011: Two TMOUS users did confirm that after SIM unlock it worked for TMOUS too!! with RUU Schubert htc Europe 5.10 401 04 slspl sighned by ansar .zip my bootloader is at 5.12 tho like I said in my previous post

cragsy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 123

out of curiosity following those steps to reflash and unlock a hd7 would it re-simlock to default carrier such as O2?

jhonny
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Default no

Quote:
Originally Posted by cragsy View Post
out of curiosity following those steps to reflash and unlock a hd7 would it re-simlock to default carrier such as O2?
no, once a phone is sim unlocked then it will stay unlocked, dosent matter how many times u flash custom rom.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdogggg View Post
it was said ...that after sim unlocking ...2 users have reported that the 5.10 europe rom worked --> Update on 30.12.2011: Two TMOUS users did confirm that after SIM unlock it worked for TMOUS too!! with RUU Schubert htc Europe 5.10 401 04 slspl sighned by ansar .zip my bootloader is at 5.12 tho like I said in my previous post
iam not sure what your actually trying to do?
if you want a custom rom.... u have to downgrade ur HSPL
there are only 2 ways, first earier is by flashing stock rom
second is goldcard
1, downgrade HSLP by install/flash stock rom
2, install cotulla HSPL here http://htcfanboys.com/download/cotul...view&file=2942
3, flash any custom rom you like