Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

"Petition" Qualcomm for ICS Drivers Compiled for ARMv6

21st April 2012, 07:37 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
we can finally get ICS drivers
Hey Guys, we can finally get ICS drivers if we sign this petition and get more supporters. There are currently 2500+ supporters, so it would be great if you guys contributed by signing the petition like I did (its not hard).

GO TO THIS LINK TO SIGN THE PETITION (PLEASE DON'T SPAM):

If we get enough, Qualcomm may compile the drivers for us so we can get the full ICS rom experience .
22nd April 2012, 01:17 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 53

379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janu7520

Hey Guys, we can finally get ICS drivers if we sign this petition and get more supporters. There are currently 2500+ supporters, so it would be great if you guys contributed by signing the petition like I did (its not hard).

GO TO THIS LINK TO SIGN THE PETITION (PLEASE DON'T SPAM):

If we get enough, Qualcomm may compile the drivers for us so we can get the full ICS rom experience .

lol wut? Not sure if this is a bad troll but its been released for a while already o-0

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 01:37 AM   |  #13  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 445

1,445 posts
More
Hummm interesting its a copy n paste of Steve's op with no link lol.

sent from my legend, currently using zeubea ics beta0
22nd April 2012, 06:11 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

379 posts
More
I know rite haha

22nd April 2012, 03:30 PM   |  #15  
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Donate to Me
More
So...
So I shouldn't care about this new driver, as it is only important for the developers?
I should only be happy, because now there will be better-looking ROMs like CM9 BETA0 based port for Legend , right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, please...
22nd April 2012, 05:39 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me4mario

So I shouldn't care about this new driver, as it is only important for the developers?
I should only be happy, because now there will be better-looking ROMs like CM9 BETA0 based port for Legend , right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, please...

Umm, that's not what I meant lol... Sure you can be happy if you want but the person that will put it to use is the developer to create a rom for you to enjoy.
So you aren't entirely wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stevemotto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 07:56 AM   |  #17  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 32

263 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali ba

Please don't forget that even if there were binary drivers suitable to run msm7k on ICS we'd still need an updated kernel (kgsl, etc) to use them.

Now we have all this. Would like to get back to developing CM9 for Legend Miss your great work for cm9 ...
24th April 2012, 08:24 AM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabaknilesh

Now we have all this. Would like to get back to developing CM9 for Legend Miss your great work for cm9 ...

As much as we all, the likelihood of him returning back is less than 50%. I think his still looking into GB for Legend in CM.
25th April 2012, 10:08 AM   |  #19  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 252

572 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemotto

As much as we all, the likelihood of him returning back is less than 50%. I think his still looking into GB for Legend in CM.

Well, then you actually know more than I do.

Maintaining the Gingerbread port doesn't mean I'm not looking into possibilities for ICS on the Legend we're just not doing half-done crap-releases. CM is our baby, we treat it nicely.

I'm still here, my Legend's still working and it (and a lot of other CM7 devices based on capable msm7k chipsets) will get an ICS port once a few requirements are off our list of obstacles (quite big list, quite big obstacles).

One of these requirements an Adreno driver for ICS was just recently met and yes, I'm pretty excited about that. Unfortunately there's still one big piece missing (OMX).
25th April 2012, 11:52 AM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali ba

Well, then you actually know more than I do.

Maintaining the Gingerbread port doesn't mean I'm not looking into possibilities for ICS on the Legend we're just not doing half-done crap-releases. CM is our baby, we treat it nicely.

I'm still here, my Legend's still working and it (and a lot of other CM7 devices based on capable msm7k chipsets) will get an ICS port once a few requirements are off our list of obstacles (quite big list, quite big obstacles).

One of these requirements an Adreno driver for ICS was just recently met and yes, I'm pretty excited about that. Unfortunately there's still one big piece missing (OMX).

So if you have what you need then you will be releasing it? I thought cm gave on up the legend because it didn't have enough ram.

Glad to hear that your still attempting to compile an ICS rom for the legend

Last edited by Stevemotto; 25th April 2012 at 11:55 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread