5,599,478 Members 39,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"Petition" Qualcomm for ICS Drivers Compiled for ARMv6

Tip us?

janu7520
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default we can finally get ICS drivers

Hey Guys, we can finally get ICS drivers if we sign this petition and get more supporters. There are currently 2500+ supporters, so it would be great if you guys contributed by signing the petition like I did (its not hard).

GO TO THIS LINK TO SIGN THE PETITION (PLEASE DON'T SPAM):

If we get enough, Qualcomm may compile the drivers for us so we can get the full ICS rom experience .

Stevemotto
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by janu7520 View Post
Hey Guys, we can finally get ICS drivers if we sign this petition and get more supporters. There are currently 2500+ supporters, so it would be great if you guys contributed by signing the petition like I did (its not hard).

GO TO THIS LINK TO SIGN THE PETITION (PLEASE DON'T SPAM):

If we get enough, Qualcomm may compile the drivers for us so we can get the full ICS rom experience .
lol wut? Not sure if this is a bad troll but its been released for a while already o-0

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
HTC Legend : CM 7.1 Overclocked 806 MHZ

ranger4740
Old
Thanks Meter 393
Hummm interesting its a copy n paste of Steve's op with no link lol.

sent from my legend, currently using zeubea ics beta0
Update: 8th April 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 👉😆😄Echoe rom v20😄😆👈
Still on old BMG4 Boobloader + FNBH Baseband.👍

semi-retired
HTC Desire HD
(Hboot 2.00.0029 AND S-OFF)
SVHD V 2.1.0

Retired HTC Legend

Stevemotto
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
I know rite haha

Me4mario
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default So...

So I shouldn't care about this new driver, as it is only important for the developers?
I should only be happy, because now there will be better-looking ROMs like CM9 BETA0 based port for Legend , right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, please...

Stevemotto
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me4mario View Post
So I shouldn't care about this new driver, as it is only important for the developers?
I should only be happy, because now there will be better-looking ROMs like CM9 BETA0 based port for Legend , right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, please...
Umm, that's not what I meant lol... Sure you can be happy if you want but the person that will put it to use is the developer to create a rom for you to enjoy.
So you aren't entirely wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stevemotto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zabaknilesh
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali ba View Post
Please don't forget that even if there were binary drivers suitable to run msm7k on ICS we'd still need an updated kernel (kgsl, etc) to use them.
Now we have all this. Would like to get back to developing CM9 for Legend Miss your great work for cm9 ...

Stevemotto
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabaknilesh View Post
Now we have all this. Would like to get back to developing CM9 for Legend Miss your great work for cm9 ...
As much as we all, the likelihood of him returning back is less than 50%. I think his still looking into GB for Legend in CM.

ali ba
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemotto View Post
As much as we all, the likelihood of him returning back is less than 50%. I think his still looking into GB for Legend in CM.
Well, then you actually know more than I do.

Maintaining the Gingerbread port doesn't mean I'm not looking into possibilities for ICS on the Legend we're just not doing half-done crap-releases. CM is our baby, we treat it nicely.

I'm still here, my Legend's still working and it (and a lot of other CM7 devices based on capable msm7k chipsets) will get an ICS port once a few requirements are off our list of obstacles (quite big list, quite big obstacles).

One of these requirements an Adreno driver for ICS was just recently met and yes, I'm pretty excited about that. Unfortunately there's still one big piece missing (OMX).
I don't use the XDA forum regularly any more. Too much distraction, not enough fun. Coding is fun.

If you see me posting I'm most likely disoriented and intended to use G+ or write exceptionally great code in Visual Basic. My G+ profile is actually a good source for random nonsense, unlike this signature which solely exists to divide this post and the next one.

Stevemotto
Old
(Last edited by Stevemotto; 25th April 2012 at 11:55 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali ba View Post
Well, then you actually know more than I do.

Maintaining the Gingerbread port doesn't mean I'm not looking into possibilities for ICS on the Legend we're just not doing half-done crap-releases. CM is our baby, we treat it nicely.

I'm still here, my Legend's still working and it (and a lot of other CM7 devices based on capable msm7k chipsets) will get an ICS port once a few requirements are off our list of obstacles (quite big list, quite big obstacles).

One of these requirements an Adreno driver for ICS was just recently met and yes, I'm pretty excited about that. Unfortunately there's still one big piece missing (OMX).
So if you have what you need then you will be releasing it? I thought cm gave on up the legend because it didn't have enough ram.

Glad to hear that your still attempting to compile an ICS rom for the legend