5,594,805 Members 36,855 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

any screen protectors out?

Tip us?

XDSaint
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Good news on the SGP protector except it looks like it may not have the cutout for the 6800/3G. It specifically lists wifi/verizon on their site. I'm local to them so may have to stop by to take a look and see if they have one or will make one with the cutout. My previous experience with the ultra optics is that it's a less grainy version of the anti glare with a better oleophobic coating. That's why they charge $7 more. I came from a note to the 7.7 and had to exchange the optics to crystal since you can actually feel the grain with the s pen but should work fine on the 7.7.
The Following User Says Thank You to XDSaint For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robroy90
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default Ultra Optics

I just got my SGP ultra optics yesterday. At first, I wasn't sure I was going to like it because I am normally very, very partial to their ultra crystal. I want my displays to look like there is nothing there.

After installing it, which was flawless as usual (SGP is the best in the biz, believe me I have tried them all) the ever so slightly texture is growing on me. It is definitely not as transparent as an ultra clear, but NOTHING like a Zagg (which I think suck). I can't see any rainbows, and it really does resist fingerprints better than an ultra clear. I think it is a winner.

FYI, I have a VZW 7.7 and my protector from SGP said it was compatible with both the 3G version and mine. The thing I do not like about it is that the screen protector definitely has a cut-out for the speaker at the top, which my tablet does not have. The camera location must be the same on both because mine lined up just fine. A minor annoyance that SGP made one protector for both, but you 3G guys should be especially happy. I will just take my IR blaster and go home...

-Rob
The Following User Says Thank You to robroy90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonamafun
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Cheers thanks dude. Just ordered an Ultra Optics based off your recommendation!

robroy90
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default I hope you like it!

Let me know how it turns out for you. I think you will be pleased.

trustme_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
those who bought sgp can i have your reviews here plz !

Gam3r 4 Life
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme_ View Post
those who bought sgp can i have your reviews here plz !
I 2nd this. I am again shopping for a good screen protector, and the SGP might be it.
1st Corinthians 10:13

My Phone: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 White 16gb : Stock Rooted JB 4.2.2, TWRP 2.7

acid123
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I bought some of eBay,
Currently using a anti-glare screen protector I bought for the iPad cut down in size

Gam3r 4 Life
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Ok after shopping awhile on Amazon I found a new screen protector. Didnt have any reviews so I read reviews of the same one for other devices and it sounds well worth a try. Its a wet install type but not the kind that you spray. All you do is put a few drops of dish soap in some water and use that on the SP to be able to position it, and get bubbles out. For $10 shipped its the best price Ive seen for this type. Ill post a review and pics when received and installed.
1st Corinthians 10:13

My Phone: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 White 16gb : Stock Rooted JB 4.2.2, TWRP 2.7

robroy90
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default Good luck with that...

No offense intended, but "I am dissapoint" with the wet-type.

I tried a Skinomi and that was the worst experience ever (ok, well maybe second to a Zagg).

Trust me, the SGP protectors are worth every penny. Doesn't take too many wasted cheap ones to buy a perfect first time install, every time.

Just my two cents...

-Rob

eug
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gam3r 4 Life View Post
Ok after shopping awhile on Amazon I found a new screen protector.
I wanted a full-body protector so I ordered the same XtremeGUARD brand, in a full-body version.

The rear was fine (it does make it feel glossy, not the nice matte naked finish), but the screen protector was awful. It protects very well, but it's rubbery (your finger doesn't slide very well), and indentations show, e.g. when your fingernail or something digs the protector, it leaves a mark. It's just not mirror-smooth.

I removed it after a week or two. I've used wet-install screen protectors before so I expected it though. They just don't sell the rear protector alone.

SGP Ultra Optics is hands-down the best anti-glare screen protector around. The only thing is, as with all anti-glare protectors, your blacks won't be as black. If you don't mind it, don't bother with any other brand, not even SGP's own Ultra Matte. I get annoying rainbow effects with that one.

I'll most likely order an SGP Ultra Crystal now.