rooting a japanese evo

OP ocnbrze

22nd April 2012, 07:46 AM   |  #41  
Flag Ishikawa
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
I have been trying for the better part of the day. I would appreciate it if you can upload it someplace else.
22nd April 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #42  
Flag Chigasaki, Japan

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpIS03

Very stable since it's the stock rom, only thing I added was root, and I didn't take anything out of the rom. Carrier services seem to work as well, au mail definitely works. I haven't tried SMS yet since I hardly ever use it, but I'll try it just in case.

I will definitely share this, but I'd like to try what I've been doing a couple more times so I can get the steps right...everything has been a mix of going on different forums in both English and Japanese. Once I clear up the steps I've been following, I'll post it here or possibly in its own thread.

Can you tell me your android version and build number? Just want to verify something.

Hi SharpIS03! So I've read till the end of this thread. Can you help me do what you did? All I want is my Wimax back. Did you end up posting up the detailed instructions? Like some other users, my understanding of rooting methodology is extremely basic, and I bit off way more than I could chew by rooting. I blame peer pressure. Anyway, so I have to downgrade to stock, then re-root using revolutionary, then use your custom rom? Do you have a download package perhaps with all the necessary files and instructions? I've never used SDK before, so I might need a little help with that too. I apologize in advance... I know I'm asking for a lot, but I really could use your help (ANY help) at this point.

My Android version is 2.3.7 running Mod Version CyanogenMod-7.0.1-supersonic Build Number GWK74. Hope that info helps...
Last edited by tecbarrera; 22nd April 2012 at 03:56 PM.
23rd April 2012, 09:41 AM   |  #43  
Flag Koshigaya
Thanks Meter: 56

406 posts
More
Anyone running a custom ICS rom for this phone? I'm trying to get au Email to work...I could use some help, especially if you're familiar with build.prop and troubleshooting via logcat...all things I have very little knowledge about...

On the other hand, running CM7.1, au email can work...but I'm having trouble with ICS roms. D'oh...
21st May 2012, 04:03 AM   |  #44  
Flag Ishikawa

20 posts
More
Japanese Evo
I want to see if anyone has figured this out yet. I am trying to run a custom rom however something in the US roms makes the phone roam in Japan and I am unable to send SMS/c-mail messages from my phone. I reverted back to a rooted stock rom that I made using sharps methods. Now everything works on my phone again. What I want to do is extract whatever files control the phone on the au network and input them into a custom rom so I can run it on my jEVO. Any ideas?
21st May 2012, 11:24 AM   |  #45  
Flag 取手市。日本
Thanks Meter: 487

1,265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asutke781

I want to see if anyone has figured this out yet. I am trying to run a custom rom however something in the US roms makes the phone roam in Japan and I am unable to send SMS/c-mail messages from my phone. I reverted back to a rooted stock rom that I made using sharps methods. Now everything works on my phone again. What I want to do is extract whatever files control the phone on the au network and input them into a custom rom so I can run it on my jEVO. Any ideas?

What is it you want from the other roms?

I think there are a few things from the system apps, framework and build.prop at least.

I'm trying to cook up a custom rom implementing mods that are available on the sprint roms. I've got a few things done, transparencies, crt animation, swipe notifications, power menu mod. What things do you like about the Sprint based Roms??

私はローボーボブ。 Haro!!
Last edited by Robobob1221; 21st May 2012 at 11:36 AM.
21st May 2012, 06:40 PM   |  #46  
Flag 取手市。日本

1,265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Custom ROM
Ok, so I've been working on a personal ROM looking at those based off of Sprints 4.67 base, and the mods they have and what not. So I've been attempting to incorporate a few of these features using our rooted base rom provided by SharpIS03.

I've managed to get working for our ROM:
  • Transparency (Settings and Status Bar)
  • CRT Animation (on and off)
  • Some attempts at new colour theming
  • Advanced Power Menu (Reboot, and Sound options)
  • Volume Rocker: long press to skip music when screen is off
  • Swipe to clear notification panel
  • Native Screenshot (power+home button)
  • Battery Bar
  • Extended Quick Settings *(alignment needs some adjusting)

This is what I've got working so far. I will also work at optimizing it as best I can.

I'm running also with ca1ne's underworld-sbc kernel and papa smurfs' Smurfed Out script.
Also I've attempted to 'de-sense' the ROM so ssLauncher is the home replacement.

If anyone would like to try it out PM me. If there are any suggestions for other Mods let me know. I'm willing to give it a go if I can.
Last edited by Robobob1221; 22nd May 2012 at 02:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Robobob1221 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2012, 09:11 AM   |  #47  
Flag Ishikawa

20 posts
More
I'll flash anything once. Maybe it will fix the issues I am having. Did you use the KDDI stock rom as the base?
22nd May 2012, 10:29 AM   |  #48  
Flag 取手市。日本

1,265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'll flash anything once. Maybe it will fix the issues I am having. Did you use the KDDI stock rom as the base?

Yeah I used the one sharp made.
What problems are you having with it?

私はローボーボブ。 Haro!!
22nd May 2012, 11:30 AM   |  #49  
Flag Ishikawa

20 posts
More
I am an amateur at best when it comes to flashing roms. This is the first phone I have rooted. I flashed a sprint based rom and now have to figure out how to get back to a Japanese Hboot to get everything working on my phone again.
22nd May 2012, 12:10 PM   |  #50  
Flag 取手市。日本

1,265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I am an amateur at best when it comes to flashing roms. This is the first phone I have rooted. I flashed a sprint based rom and now have to figure out how to get back to a Japanese Hboot to get everything working on my phone again.

Is your h-boot 6.xxx something? If so that's fine you can flash the au rom on it. Have you got used sharps method already to get root using his base rom yeah?

Me too! I'm still learning about all of this.

私はローボーボブ。 Haro!!
Last edited by Robobob1221; 22nd May 2012 at 12:20 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread