Thanks Meter: 13

65 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glarepate

Here are a couple threads on doing the radio-only flash:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-restored.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-challeng.html

Edit: But after you have flashed the new baseband and call tech support back if they ask you about any of the new apps on the updated ROM like Books, or whatever else has been tacked onto it then you're on your own.

One thing before i do this. Is Jerry's new recovery good for this, out should i just follow that to the letter and reflash the old recovery? Asking cause i don't really like flashing too much, not sure how many flashes this phone can handle before the memory starts to bit fade.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA
22nd April 2012, 05:04 PM   |  #5012  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,976

1,227 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liath

One thing before i do this. Is Jerry's new recovery good for this, out should i just follow that to the letter and reflash the old recovery? Asking cause i don't really like flashing too much, not sure how many flashes this phone can handle before the memory starts to bit fade.

Don't worry about the flash. All the devs have flashed their phones more times than you probably ever will and I haven't heard of an issue yet.
22nd April 2012, 11:07 PM   |  #5013  
Thanks Meter: 10

84 posts
I've noticed some elements missing after applying themes using theme chooser. I get missing radio buttons check boxes and buttons with the web browser. Is this a limitation of theme chooser, or CM 7.2?

24th April 2012, 07:27 AM   |  #5014  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 567

737 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deja_geek

I've noticed some elements missing after applying themes using theme chooser. I get missing radio buttons check boxes and buttons with the web browser. Is this a limitation of theme chooser, or CM 7.2?

A bit of both.
24th April 2012, 05:27 PM   |  #5015  
Thanks Meter: 10

84 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryScript

A bit of both.

So is there anyway to fix it?

24th April 2012, 11:29 PM   |  #5016  
Thanks Meter: 17

211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhood93

How do you solve the invalid package issue?

I finally
fixed it through a mix of link2sd, Titanium Backup, and clearing out /data. It was an irritating ordeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryScript

Links2SD is what most people use.

I just use Titanium Backup to backup and uninstall some app(s) I don't use often. Then I can download anything, and when I need the app I've uninstalled, I just restore it via TB.

Sage.

Sent from my IHO phone
25th April 2012, 03:10 AM   |  #5017  
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 48

386 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberfan

I made some changes to my phone in the last few days: upgraded to Jerry's latest, installed tvall's kernel, removed my OC settings (back down to stock settings) via CPU Master, etc...

My battery seems to be dropping much faster than I'm used to. When I checked my battery stats I noticed that the phone seems to be 'awake' almost constantly--even though it's screen-off and in it's case on my belt the vast majority of the day...

I'm not sure I'm really clear on what 'awake' and 'sleep' states refer to--should my phone be this awake this often? (attached)

I'm used to having a battery in the high-70's to mid-80's after a full day of typical use....

For anyone that's interested (a limited number of people, I'm sure!) my battery issue turned out to be caused by an update to my BeWeather app--an otherwise stellar performer. The update happened on the same day that I flashed Jerry's new ROM (or shortly thereafter). The author already uploaded a new version that addressed that--but I haven't been able to test it enough to see if it's fixed. (Something about "wake issues" or something...)

Mucho gratitido to whomever it was that suggested "Big Ass..Bad Ass Battery Monitor--that thing is WAY easier to use than 'betterbatterystats'...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilberfan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 03:26 AM   |  #5018  
Thanks Meter: 35

351 posts
What is the deal with tvails kernel on Jerry's rom is it better than bobzs and if so how?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
The Following User Says Thank You to ganggreen30 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 03:53 AM   |  #5019  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 161

407 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganggreen30

What is the deal with tvails kernel on Jerry's rom is it better than bobzs and if so how?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

For me anyhow, seems a little more responsive and smooth.

Sent from my AlienFusion-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
25th April 2012, 03:56 AM   |  #5020  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 161

407 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberfan

For anyone that's interested (a limited number of people, I'm sure!) my battery issue turned out to be caused by an update to my BeWeather app--an otherwise stellar performer. The update happened on the same day that I flashed Jerry's new ROM (or shortly thereafter). The author already uploaded a new version that addressed that--but I haven't been able to test it enough to see if it's fixed. (Something about "wake issues" or something...)

Mucho gratitido to whomever it was that suggested "Big Ass..Bad Ass Battery Monitor--that thing is WAY easier to use than 'betterbatterystats'...

I just happened to stumble across that and tried it out, and love it. Glad the recommendation helped ya out

Sent from my AlienFusion-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread