Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lazyboy Hutch...

Tip us?

krelvinaz
Old
(Last edited by krelvinaz; 15th April 2012 at 12:12 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 546
Default Lazyboy Hutch...

I just sent the images below to my Father-in-law to tends to make stuff out of wood. He makes beautiful hutches, cabinets, hope chests, cribs, and other wood furniture pieces that he gives to family members and does it as a hobby. He makes great stuff.

My wife is always complaining that I clutter up the end table near my lazyboy with stuff... I have a TV tray like thing in front of the chair where I have a notebook most of the time so that I can be out with the family while working on my second job and having a storage area that looks like a piece of furniture would be handy.

The hutch idea would give me a place to put that stuff, and provide a central power station at the same time. I am always needing to temporarily plug something into the wall as well, and this would give me a way of doing that without diving behind the couch to get to the socket. Sometimes I need to program a router or plug in a backup drive etc... and I have a power dock now there for my phone, charge my tablet etc...

While I could work from my home office, it tends to get hot this time of year and I prefer to spend more time out with the family.

I think these things should be in stores...

What do you think??

Click for larger Image
Phone: TMobile - Samsung SM-900T Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Rooted/Stock - QI Wireless
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012) 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.4.4 w/TWRP Recovery
Droid Like Devices: Several ChromeCasts, Amazon Fire TV (rooted)
Link: ReZoundn EVO 4g LTE and HTC Droid DNA Splash Screen Web Generator

kLownish
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Looks nice, and u seem to have most of it figured out, down to the power outlet. very nice.

krelvinaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 546
Just found out that he is building it! Should have it sometime in late May. Will take pictures when I get it.
Phone: TMobile - Samsung SM-900T Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Rooted/Stock - QI Wireless

Meticode
Old
Thanks Meter 88
That's pretty awesome. They should build that into entertainment systems as well. A central plug at the bottom of it to plug into the wall then two power strips that have like 10-15 plugs. We are such power hogs.

jscarano
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelvinaz View Post
I just sent the images below to my Father-in-law to tends to make stuff out of wood. He makes beautiful hutches, cabinets, hope chests, cribs, and other wood furniture pieces that he gives to family members and does it as a hobby. He makes great stuff.

My wife is always complaining that I clutter up the end table near my lazyboy with stuff... I have a TV tray like thing in front of the chair where I have a notebook most of the time so that I can be out with the family while working on my second job and having a storage area that looks like a piece of furniture would be handy.

The hutch idea would give me a place to put that stuff, and provide a central power station at the same time. I am always needing to temporarily plug something into the wall as well, and this would give me a way of doing that without diving behind the couch to get to the socket. Sometimes I need to program a router or plug in a backup drive etc... and I have a power dock now there for my phone, charge my tablet etc...

While I could work from my home office, it tends to get hot this time of year and I prefer to spend more time out with the family.

I think these things should be in stores...

What do you think??

Click for larger Image
Thats awesome I need one lol

a.mcdear
Old
Thanks Meter 452
I like your idea. Have a few of them made. If you can do it for a decent price, I would buy one without thinking twice.
My Devices:
Nexus 7 - Android 4.4.2 [CarbonROM]
Rezound - Android 4.4.2 [CM11]
TF101 - Android 4.2.2 [EOS4] + KAT-kernel by timduru
MOTOACTV - Android 2.3.4 [ReACTV AOSP]

krelvinaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 546
It has arrived... Already put it to use with all my Raspberry Pi clutter...

More info:
http://rpi.tnet.com/project/hardware/hutch

The Following User Says Thank You to krelvinaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]