Be careful what wire you pick for S-OFF

Search This thread

eriscentro

Mar 18, 2010
What do you mean? Having access to S-Off no means we can put our phones back into a "Locked" status that now doesn't show you tampered with it. Meaning you should be able to return your phone and even if they check to see if you unlocked it they won't be able to tell.

I'm referring to the scraped PCB

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
I tried a paperclip and it didnt work. Then used thicker speaker wire and it worked. Hope i didnt scatch my board as it took many attempts.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just plane old speaker wire worked for me. (For people who look at this later)
    I used a long cat hair I pulled out of the cat, and then dipped into Aluminum to make it conductive. Worked great without any scratching though the cat was a bit pissed off.
    I used ipod cable, cut both ends off n twisted the wires together

Can't think of a better use for i-anything. :)
    I didn't realize that the wire I was using was a little sharp on one end. As you can see, this can do bad things to the PCB.
    IMG_0686b.jpg

My phone is rebooting the instant I touch the wire to ground, so I don't know if I am going to be able to do the wire trick. )= We shall see.

I ended up taking the back case off of my phone so I could have better access. It does make it a little easier:
    IMG_0687.JPG
    Seriously? I could have just used a paper clip? -facepalm-

Yep. That's what I used. A paperclip, and wrapped it in clear tape from a desk dispenser so I didn't have any static electricity. :)