Official Indian HTC One X Owner's Thread - views, reviews and more!!

Search This thread

ShyamSasi

Dec 10, 2010
CLASSIFIED
So nobody who owns one of these phones can explain to me what the Beats audio feature actually comprises?

It's just a marketing gimmick to attract the customers. Basically it's a equalizer settings to enhance the audio experience. You can do the same with third party music players with equalizer. According to them for the beats to works properly i.e. the way it's supposed to work you need Beats headphones which so damn costly (4000+ INR) and hard to find an original one. I found 2 or 3 in a local store which they claim to be original but does not come with warranty so I went for Klipsch S4A which is awesome. They offer 2 years warranty as well.

Reactions: Finguz

Finguz

Feb 14, 2009
Scarborough
Hi, thankyou so much for taking the time to reply.

I absolutely hate beats audio, from the headphones to the crappy EQ settings and was hoping it only meant that the phone came with beats audio phones which I could sell to a hype addict on ebay and replace.

It sounds like it is more difficult than that, or can the beats audio features easily be switched off?

Edit: We did some blind listening to some beats audio headphones, even the most expensive models sound truly awful with any music.

ShyamSasi

Dec 10, 2010
CLASSIFIED
Hi, thankyou so much for taking the time to reply.

I absolutely hate beats audio, from the headphones to the crappy EQ settings and was hoping it only meant that the phone came with beats audio phones which I could sell to a hype addict on ebay and replace.

It sounds like it is more difficult than that, or can the beats audio features easily be switched off?

Edit: We did some blind listening to some beats audio headphones, even the most expensive models sound truly awful with any music.

Yes you could turn off Beats if you don't want. Beats are for bass junkies

Reactions: Finguz

mathrania

Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
Has any1 got 1.28 yet?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Lalitbhai, all the flickering and stuff will go with 1.28 update..... i have got it....and not rooted yet :)

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Do we really need a screen protector inspire of this phone having the gorilla glass..?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
My sensation too had gorilla Glass on it... and it is really not easy to get scratches on it... but it is not 100% scratch proof..... i did put a Matt finish protector on it...

Reactions: jits1988

IllUMINATUz

Apr 1, 2012
Hyderabad
www.mindomain.wordpress.com
That is absolute nonsense, and you should stop suggesting otherwise.
nope.. its proven.. :D
I actually do NOT have the evidence.. but I read in another post that a guy put his phone in his pocket that had some sand and caused scratches and not even his metal keys did.. its logical coz nothing can cut glass except diamond and diamond is a type of sand/rock.. so it proves.. I just can't remember where.. ill update once I get it.. so reading that "sand story" I concluded it.. well.. if you really want to know, try rubbing some sand on your gorilla glass and tell me.. ;)

UPDATE

you don't believe me right??? Here is the proof buddy.. :)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus/149185-gorillaglass-aint.html

More proof from OUR OWN FORUMS!!!!

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25075292&postcount=8

@devvfata1ity

I do some research before posting something unlike you not answering the question and calling me a n00b!! btw yeah HTC One X is my first smartphone but it does not mean that I am totally dumb!!

Peace..

Last edited:

forumhookersdotcom

Apr 22, 2012
guys i am going to buy htc one x in the coming week. And the retailer said that it is 37k rs. And it can be reduced upto 36.5 k.

Shall i buy for this price or recommend me sme gud online shop to buy with coupon. I saw some one sharing 10percent coupon. How to get through that?

hapticc

May 4, 2010
New Delhi
buy from retailer incase of any problem you can get Doa unit faster. anyways gorrilla glass isn't scratch proof i have a deep scratch on screen the day i bought it. infact the very 1st hour :( so its better to have a sheild

IllUMINATUz

Apr 1, 2012
Hyderabad
www.mindomain.wordpress.com
guys i am going to buy htc one x in the coming week. And the retailer said that it is 37k rs. And it can be reduced upto 36.5 k.

Shall i buy for this price or recommend me sme gud online shop to buy with coupon. I saw some one sharing 10percent coupon. How to get through that?
36.5 is a little on the high side.. try negotiating or go to any standard stores like reliance digital, big c, mobile store etc, (depends on where you live), get the quotes and take it to reliance digital (they will do a price match) and give you the best price with insurance and goodies.. ;)
thats how i bought my phone for 36k.. :D

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

buy from retailer incase of any problem you can get Doa unit faster. anyways gorrilla glass isn't scratch proof i have a deep scratch on screen the day i bought it. infact the very 1st hour :( so its better to have a sheild

may i know how it got scratched??

predator21

Jan 20, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Lalitbhai, all the flickering and stuff will go with 1.28 update..... i have got it....and not rooted yet :)

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

My sensation too had gorilla Glass on it... and it is really not easy to get scratches on it... but it is not 100% scratch proof..... i did put a Matt finish protector on it...
hi bhai.... i remember u have the Outside india handset and eversince i replaced my doa handset i am out of flicker problem... anyway thnx for update bhai..... and with 1.28 what are ur personal felt changes.....

mathrania

Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
hi bhai.... i remember u have the Outside india handset and eversince i replaced my doa handset i am out of flicker problem... anyway thnx for update bhai..... and with 1.28 what are ur personal felt changes.....
Seems like the batt life has improved...but cannot say its bcoz of 1.28... as the update was came fast.... might be the battery charge cycles....it settled down...

Raxy Rockzster

Sep 10, 2010
Bangalore
Ordered mine from SnapDeal!!!!

Hello People,

Have ordered the HOX from SnapDeal

I am little nervous as the reviews about SnapDeals are really bad and the long shipping time. I am used to FlipKart but this time I passed on to it thanks to the High Price Quote.....Did left few posts on FK's FB page and interestingly no one replied (Can u believe it!!!)

Anyways, Waiting for the phone anxiously (Estimated receiving date is 29Apr).

Can some of you guys suggest some good leather pouches available online in India....Looking for some good leather material like the official HTC one, but their's dosent look rich (u knw what i mean) :p.

Thanks in Advance!!!! and Congrats for your HOX purchase!!! Hope HTC survive the Galaxy SIII wave :p

Cheers!!!

krunal1981

Nov 19, 2009
Bangalore
Thanks for the information. this is what i was looking for. this 14 days policy is for HTC only or for every phone manufacturer?
Also have HTC mentioned the DOA policy on their website? i am not questioning your knowledge, i am just curious as to how we can know about the DOA policy of any electronic item we purchase.

i havent checked the policy on their website. the HTC service Centre guy told me that there is no way to service the one x. you cant dismantle it ( this is as per the service centre) . so they dont have any choice but to give a DOA Certificate.

hapticc

May 4, 2010
New Delhi
36.5 is a little on the high side.. try negotiating or go to any standard stores like reliance digital, big c, mobile store etc, (depends on where you live), get the quotes and take it to reliance digital (they will do a price match) and give you the best price with insurance and goodies.. ;)
thats how i bought my phone for 36k.. :D

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

may i know how it got scratched??

from keys. i was beign oversmart and running keys infront of frnds abusing my phone and got scratch. :(

anmolbedi

Apr 5, 2012
Noida

Check at buytheprice.com they have it for 34.3k

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I m from Argentina and I say too...
    Happy Diwali day mates.

SkyDragon Sense Rom V1
    Happy Diwali to my Indian friends :)
    On a serious note, i had a chat with one of my frnds who is a htc rep, and he told.me the update is now being tested for local language support and might be out by next week.. hopefully :)
    Guys upgraded my wife's S3 to JB about 2 days ago. Take my word its not upto all the hype. I was struggling to find what was really new and what has changed. Could figure out three useful features
    a) Google now
    b) Voice search
    c)two finger gesture.
    I feel all three features are something you can live wihout.
    After using the phone for about 24 hours the performance has just gone off the cliff. Its lagging heavily and is pretty much unusable. I have done a factory reset now. Hoping it will not degrade as earlier

Take it from me that our HOX running 4.0.4 is light years ahead of the S3 running JB. I have personally experienced it. so just relax and enjoy your phone. The update will come just as all the previous updates have come.
    "Due to the cost-cutting measures and to make sure everyone gets the update, we will release the JB OTA on 22-12-12 to the people who are still alive after the apocalypse." Official quote from HTC