Xperia Neo Disassembly

Tip us?

BBOXPT
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondaza View Post
I'm going to save the videos because I want to change the cover of my neo. Where do they sell the cheapest?
Bought mine on ebay for about 25 with the chrome parts + buttons.They're cheaper if you don't need these.
Current phone:
- Moto G 8GB Black - Stock 4.4.2

maRRRco89
Old
Thanks Meter 27
i want disassembly only the front cover to remove a little speck of dust under the glass, but is it so easy like appear?
The cover is glued to the phone or not?

Could be consequences for this procedure, can i compromit the air gap?
I don't want remove a speck of dust and then with the use collect 100 of them .
If i get the phone to service, i will lose all my mods .
Please, say me is a safety procedure and very very easy.

sdk16420
Old
Thanks Meter 1378
The neo doesn't have an air gap, Arc only. I think you will get only more dust, I had the samebon my older SE phone l

Via Tapatalk 2.0 on ICS
Device > Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo
ROM > FreeXperia CM10
Kernel > Stock FXP

maRRRco89
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk16420 View Post
The neo doesn't have an air gap, Arc only. I think you will get only more dust, I had the samebon my older SE phone l

Via Tapatalk 2.0 on ICS
Do you speak about the disassembly ?
Of course if you don't pay care, you can get more dust, you have to be fast and precise, not opening all the glass, but only a bit.
In someway the employe had to assembly it during the process and perhaps a little speck of dust remained between lcd and glass, but is is too visible under sun light.
If a careless employe allowed the access of a speck of dust, i can do better because i have not hurry, so i'm not worried about more dust during this process.
I ask you this question only to know if can enter more dust when the phone is again assembled.
Now, apart this speck of dust just out of the box, never entered dust in these months.

Maxximus007
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Okay that is a video to bookmark!

About a dust specle: Use a can with compressed air, I believe it's called Dustfree or something. Don't start with cotton swipes, you'll make it worse.

sepviri
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

I've disassemble my Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V yesterday and mounted it again now with a white housing, but now whenever I make a call, as soon as I press on the CALL button the screen automatically goes black... as it happens with we put the phone in contact with our ear or head.

I disassemble and assemble it again a few times but still the same problem...
I'm guessing I've messed up the sensor, but I can not be sure...

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,
/Vitor

arunsankar
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepviri View Post
Hi,

I've disassemble my Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V yesterday and mounted it again now with a white housing, but now whenever I make a call, as soon as I press on the CALL button the screen automatically goes black... as it happens with we put the phone in contact with our ear or head.

I disassemble and assemble it again a few times but still the same problem...
I'm guessing I've messed up the sensor, but I can not be sure...

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,
/Vitor
Its surely the issue of your proximity sensor. Please re-check that once again and you'll be good to go

JN3141
Old
(Last edited by JN3141; 22nd July 2012 at 09:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 53
How do you detach the digitizer and sensors from the front plate? The glue doesn't really give and I'm scared of breaking the ribbon cable.
Sony Xperia V
ROM: Stock .295 (JB 4.3)
v Hit the Thanks button if
v I help you

JMSpurs
Old
(Last edited by JMSpurs; 11th August 2012 at 03:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN3141 View Post
How do you detach the digitizer and sensors from the front plate? The glue doesn't really give and I'm scared of breaking the ribbon cable.
I'd like to know too please... though I've already broken the ribbon cable and am replacing the digitizer...

EDIT

Actually I meant I broke the small ribbon cable but anyway. I found out how to do it, take a thin, small and sharp knife then very gently cut away the glue, it should come off very easily. Then slowly prise the connected section of the phone, I don't know the name but the part with the orange cables. You will have to cut away more glue and you will also have to prise it off the rubber as it is quite firmly stuck in the rubber. Hope I helped, this image should help you figure what should dis-attach from the casing.

The Following User Says Thank You to JMSpurs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Montoyatok
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSpurs View Post
I'd like to know too please... though I've already broken the ribbon cable and am replacing the digitizer...

EDIT

Actually I meant I broke the small ribbon cable but anyway. I found out how to do it, take a thin, small and sharp knife then very gently cut away the glue, it should come off very easily. Then slowly prise the connected section of the phone, I don't know the name but the part with the orange cables. You will have to cut away more glue and you will also have to prise it off the rubber as it is quite firmly stuck in the rubber. Hope I helped, this image should help you figure what should dis-attach from the casing.

When you reassemble the phone, do you have to glue the sensors back? If you do, what type of glue do I use?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app
Phone: LG Google Nexus 4
ROM: Stock 4.3
Kernel: Stock
Previous Phones: SE K800i, SE J300i, Samsung Galaxy 3, Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V