XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

6.13.219 change log

Tip us?

warmpudgy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default 6.13.219 change log

In regard to the latest update does anyone know specifics about what they changed?

Yeah they improved battery life, but what did they actually change?

Before the update I was lucky to make it 4 hours of listening to music on a charge.

Last night, after patching, I made it all the way thru a 9 hour shift while listening to Pandora, and still had 15% left.

Omg :eek:

It seems they may have tweaked that mediaserver. Normally it would rape the battery, often using 60% or more, while Pandora would only use 25%.
But this time it was only at 28%

Also, I noticed when I came home and plugged my phone into my computer via USB, the keyboard back light would turn off

When I unplugged it, back light came back on. (This was a pitch black room btw)
It doesn't do it with the wall charger, just USB.

I dont recall this happening before they tweaked the keyboard lights, anyone else notice this?

So I guess it would be nice to know specifics about what they changed with that too.

omniuni
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I don't know specifics, but I also noticed improvements with the mediaserver. I was having trouble with the battery draining rapidly for no good reason after running Pandora. So far so good after the patch. Also, gps lock fix.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA

quarky42
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Generic Changelog: http://omgdroid.com/update-dont-forget-the-droid-4/
The Following User Says Thank You to quarky42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

omniuni
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Oddly, they don't mention the gps I mentioned above, even though my location lock time has gone from "wait..." to instant.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA

warmpudgy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
It appears no body knows, or has bothered to look

I guess the next question is how do I go about doing this.

Curiosity is killing me

rumgool
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Hey, here is the changelog from the soak test:

Comment:

Software Upgrade for the DROID 4 by Motorola

INTRODUCTION
We are pleased to announce the new software update for DROID 4 by Motorola. The software upgrade (Version 6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US) includes numerous enhancements. Install today for peak performance.
For more information on Motorola updates and product support, visit us at www.motorola.com/mydroid4

WHO CAN USE THIS UPDATE
ALL Motorola DROID 4 users. After downloading and installing the software release, you will notice the following enhancements and improvements:

Applications & Widgets
+ Successfully receive Visual Voice Mail notifications.
+ Proper Visual Voice Mail messages will display when data has been disabled.
+ The Share application now directs users to the App page in Google Play.
+ Enhanced security in Verizon Apps.

Device Features
+ Enhanced loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth®.
+ Power ON function has been fixed.
+ Improved battery performance.
+ Verizon Wireless requests have been bookmarked for keyboard quick key default settings.
+ Device now supports IPv6. As new internet addresses are introduced, you will be able to continue to browse and view web pages with this latest internet enhancement.
+ Improvements made to reduce touch screen lockups, device sluggishness and blank screen lockups.
+ Keypad backlight only launches when needed.
+ Successfully type on hardware keyboard in the App Tray without experiencing “Force Close” issues with the home screen.

Network Connectivity
+ 4G coverage indicator accurately displays data connectivity.
+ Improvements to Wi-Fi mobile hotspot connectivity.

Email, Messaging & Data
+ Improved text message delivery when using the Messaging application

MotoCast by Motorola
+ Improvements to MotoCast™ responsiveness.
+ MotoCast widget can be added to home screen.
+ Successfully view large music transfers from remote computers.
+ Thumbnails are visible in the timeline even if PCs are offline.
+ Thumbnails are quickly visible in mixed views.

Step-by-Step Instructions
For instructions on how to perform the download, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/droid4support.

Additional Information

There is no charge for this update other than the usual data connection charges. Subject to change without notice.
If you have difficulty with this update, visit us at www.motorola.com/mydroid4 or www.motorola.com/support, or to get help from other owners on our online community at https.//supportforums.motorola.com.
Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Specific functionality and features with each software version of Android may vary. Contact your service provider for details.

MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. All other product and service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2012 Motorola Mobility Inc. All rights reserved.
© 2012 Motorola. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rumgool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]