Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,158 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fix the keyboard jumping to the first line?

Tip us?

clouds5
Old
(Last edited by clouds5; 3rd March 2012 at 10:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 345
Default Fix the keyboard jumping to the first line?

Thats my question It happens here on xda for example. You're writing something and all of a sudden the cursor is on the first line at the beginning ofthe post.

Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Btw it also happens if you disable the trackpad, so its not due to accidentally hitting it while typing. Maybe its a problem with the browser? Gonna test it on opera now.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III | Stock rooted
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wifi | Stock rooted

clouds5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 345
Just writing this post to test if it still happens with the ICS+ browser. I really like the look and feel of the stock browser especially with the keyboard shortcuts, its just awesome to switch through the tabs for example.

So far so good didnt jump and just seems more stable on a first look. Gonne be using this for a while and keep you updated.

1lann
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Maybe it's because the touch pad doesn't disable while you are typing (palm check) and you are accidentally bumping your palm on it. Try disabling the touch pad while you type and see if that works.

clouds5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds5 View Post
Btw it also happens if you disable the trackpad, so its not due to accidentally hitting it while typing.
But thx for your post anyway.

Btw it also happens on the ICS+ browser Guess i'll have to wait for an update then. Or the keyboard shortcuts being implemented on another browser.

clouds5
Old
(Last edited by clouds5; 18th April 2012 at 11:23 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 345
Sorry for reviving my old thread, but this is still a major annoyance when writing forum posts and stuff...

Definately would be nice to get a fix for that!

[e] as usual i find a solution or a workaround right after posting a problem Using chrome beta since half an hour and made several posts, cursor never jumped to first line.

Now all they have to do is improve the keyboard shortcuts on the browser and enable flash support and gestures like on ICS+. I'm so used to go back/forward with swipes i cant live without them anymore :/

SmartAs$Phone
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Default Chrome Browser did NOT solve this for me

This has been one of the biggest annoyances I have had with the Prime, and it happens to me on ALL browsers: Opera, ICS ++, Dolphin, Boat, you name it. It is so freaking annoying that I often switch to my PC when on XDA and typing responses.... Its any type of text box on a web platform in my case. I will be mid-stream typing, and all of a sudden I am at the top, in the first character position.

Annoying as ****! (I might have mentioned that)
.............. Samsung Galaxy Note III™
█ AsusTransformer - This one goes to Infinity! █

djmcnz
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1504
It's ICS related, not Prime. Happens on my Galaxy Nexus too. PITA.
[Nexus One], [Optimus 2x > /dev/null], [Galaxy Nexus], [Transformer Prime], [Nexus 5]