5,604,443 Members 48,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] WP7 Easy Backup Tool (BETA)

Tip us?

kadajawi
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Ok, so I have a Optimus 7/E900, and received the dreaded memory problem error. I made a backup and send it to LG, who have (hopefully) repaired it. But now when I try to restore the backup it fails with the error code 801812E0. I can't even find it on the internet. Says it can't restore the backup. What has happened? What's wrong, what am I doing wrong? Has the device ID changed?

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2481
Did you get exactly the same device, with the same hardware in it, returned? Most "repairs" are flat-out replacements, sometimes only of affected components but sometimes of the whole device.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

kadajawi
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Well, I don't know. The case looks the same, I left the sticker at the back and it is still there. They have added a sticker saying it was repaired...

So if they have replaced anything I don't have a chance?

Btw. the brightness sensor doesn't work anymore. Well done, LG. lol.

derausgewanderte
Old
(Last edited by derausgewanderte; 21st April 2012 at 04:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadajawi View Post
Well, I don't know. The case looks the same, I left the sticker at the back and it is still there. They have added a sticker saying it was repaired...

So if they have replaced anything I don't have a chance?

Btw. the brightness sensor doesn't work anymore. Well done, LG. lol.
the problem error was posted on the net before many times (not sure what search engine you use - I suggest you change that ): here is a link from the ms apphub:
http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums...91/530573.aspx
others:
http://support.t-mobile.com/message/38564
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1532709
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...5-ecd951db5811
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1461860

did you make the backup on a different OS version than what the phone is on right now? E.g. you made the backup on 7.10.8107.79, but the device is currently only on 7720? Another possibility is a change in the firmware version or radio version of the rom. In summary, reading other posts with this particular error code means you would have to either discard the backup or start with a fresh manufacturer rom and update to the os version at which you made the backup (this seemed to have worked for a few, but I doubt this will work under your circumstances).

and as gooddaytodie suggested, check the device id from your backup and what your device has at the moment:
should look like this: 56b5a2d7 - 5320bd2b - 21c71ed1 - 04fd077b
cheers
Nokia Lumia 920
HP TouchPad dual boot WebOS and JB 4.4
Microsoft Surface Pro 128Gb
If you think this post was helpful, please click the Thanks button.

akshaybz
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Was able to take backup for Lumia 710 using this.
Didn't try restore though :P

Thanks for you hardwork mate...be on it

Miiky.MA1988
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
1. Not at all. Dev-unlock is only relevant for installing homebrew on the phone; this is a PC app.

2. It's actually more likely to work for a stock ROM than a custom ROM. This uses functionality built into the stock ROMs (but which is broken on some custom ROMs).

3. It'll work on any Windows phone (unless it has a custom ROM that breaks updateability). It uses no device-specific code of any kind. Anything from the Venue Pro to the Lumia 900 should work fine.
+1 Thanks buddy!

AdryJay
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Succesfully backupped and restored one Nokia Lumia 710 and one Samsung Omnia W wich preserves the Interop-Unlock! ;D
Samsung Omnia W GT-I8350 8GB
Samsung Omnia 7 16GB (sold)
iPhone 4 32GB

VISIT MY BLOG -> WindowsBlogItalia

TheKrayze
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i was able to get this to work. sort of.

I goot to 100% with the tool. but my screen on my Focus was stuck at the USB screen where it basically meant do not unplug. it was here for a good 20 minutes. so I removed the battery. when it rebooted, it when back to this screen. I had to hard reset my phone. it would not get past a black screen. it showed the Samsung logo then black screen. I did a hard reset at least 6 times. I even removed the sd card I had, the sim, did a hard reset with both options. nothing.
I replaced the sim and sd card, did a hard reset and just left it sit. we went to ikea and about 7 hours later when I returned, it cam back up to the initial setup screen.

I quickly when through the setup. opened zune and associated the phone with the app. the restore was there. it restored with no issue.
it was scary at first, but I had faith. I m not sure if this has happened to others. I would like to know

Peperm1nt
Old
Thanks Meter 184

DONATE TO ME
Just making sure, This is a full backup right? So if I were to restore using this, It would restore EVERYTHING! Like system version and all? But regardless, I got a 100% Backup and Reboot(no errors) on the Spark_W/HTC Trophy Verizon. Haven't restored yet however.

Also, if this isnt just app and app data backups(will only restore app and app data) What is suggested for this?

Thanks for the work.
GingerBread Phone 7
^^My Droid x2 Rom

My YouTube

DavidinCT
Old
(Last edited by DavidinCT; 23rd April 2012 at 10:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peperm1nt View Post
Just making sure, This is a full backup right? So if I were to restore using this, It would restore EVERYTHING! Like system version and all? But regardless, I got a 100% Backup and Reboot(no errors) on the Spark_W/HTC Trophy Verizon. Haven't restored yet however.

Also, if this isnt just app and app data backups(will only restore app and app data) What is suggested for this?

Thanks for the work.
THe newest version of Zune (that this is based off of) backups up everything but your media (music and videos)

Nice little app, works well on my fully up to date (8107)Interop unlocked Verizon HTC Trophy. I did a backup and restoring a old backup, appears to go fine. Edit: Restore worked fine, testing another backup that I was not sure on.

Requests.
1. A conformation popup or something saying it completed fine. When I did the backup, it went to 100% but, just went back to 0. I had to double check the logs to make sure it completed fine.
2. A way to browse to find a backup to restore. I have about 5 backups at different times, moving them every time I need to go back is a pain.

Dont change too much, I like it, very simple and sweet.

Edit: I learned a big lesson today with zune and backups... I restored my first image (when I first got the phone) build 7389 to see what was on it. Then I tried to restore 8107, nope, it failed. I had to upgrade it to 7392>7403>7720>7740 before I could restore it. A 20 min restore took like 2 hours
If this post helped, PLEASE HIT THANKS !!!!

Thanks !