CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Screen Flicker Issue

20th April 2012, 10:28 AM |#1  
xT4Z1N4TRx's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Wolverhampton
Thanks Meter: 1,882
 
1,960 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Anyone else got this? Basically, when the phone screen isn't moving, such as when I'm reading some text, the screen flickers. For example, whenever I'm reading a post on xda, the white background around the text starts to flicker, and it is really noticeable in the dark while just reading posts in my rom thread, and its very distracting. (Happens when keyboard is open and closed)

Anyone else have this? Anyone know what part I should buy to replace it?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
 
 
20th April 2012, 11:48 PM |#2  
niai_mack's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
i had this a few months ago and now the phone is on low all the time cant turn up, the brightness it still flickers a bit brighter every now and then.

if you have the same as me it isnt the screen i was thinking its was the ribbon cable and couldnt find a cheap replacement based on a hunch,
now i seen more people getting this i would guess its the driver board for the screen,
not looked in to this though and dont want to folk out money on a phone i am looking to replace as soon as the driod 4 gets GSM.
22nd April 2012, 09:28 AM |#3  
xT4Z1N4TRx's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Wolverhampton
Thanks Meter: 1,882
 
1,960 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niai_mack

i had this a few months ago and now the phone is on low all the time cant turn up, the brightness it still flickers a bit brighter every now and then.

if you have the same as me it isnt the screen i was thinking its was the ribbon cable and couldnt find a cheap replacement based on a hunch,
now i seen more people getting this i would guess its the driver board for the screen,
not looked in to this though and dont want to folk out money on a phone i am looking to replace as soon as the driod 4 gets GSM.

Ahhh man, it's so noticeable when it's on low brightness my ribbons going too, I see screen tear when I open the keyboard ;( thanks

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
22nd April 2012, 10:41 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 89
 
761 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by xT4Z1N4TRx

Ahhh man, it's so noticeable when it's on low brightness my ribbons going too, I see screen tear when I open the keyboard ;( thanks

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

Does this mean no more taz roms?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 11:08 AM |#5  
xT4Z1N4TRx's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Wolverhampton
Thanks Meter: 1,882
 
1,960 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyG82

Does this mean no more taz roms?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium


No it doesnt just means I need to save up for a new ribbon cable thing :')
Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
22nd April 2012, 06:31 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 89
 
761 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by xT4Z1N4TRx

No it doesnt just means I need to save up for a new ribbon cable thing :')
Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

Happy days. Kinda :}

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes