Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

New ROM :: 407 OFFICIAL GB ROM IS OUT

OP necoritol

6th April 2012, 05:46 AM   |  #451  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I found 2.3.3 was battery drain, just moved to cm7 and looking for its performance
11th April 2012, 04:06 PM   |  #452  
Flag Toronto

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ting9004

I found 2.3.3 was battery drain, just moved to cm7 and looking for its performance

What is cm7? by the way this 2.3.3 has a little issue sometimes with answering bottom, sometimes hangs.
11th April 2012, 04:39 PM   |  #453  
Bologna
Thanks Meter: 4

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwolfkkk

What is cm7? by the way this 2.3.3 has a little issue sometimes with answering bottom, sometimes hangs.

I have the same problem! It's just one of the little (very little) problems that affect the devices (in my opinion)...
bye
12th April 2012, 05:37 PM   |  #454  
Flag Toronto

11 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by gioninardo

I have the same problem! It's just one of the little (very little) problems that affect the devices (in my opinion)...
bye

I solved it!! you can download the app: shakecall on android market for free and it works perfectly for Dell streak!! just by shaking it you can answer the call and it`s adjustable..just search for shakecall.
14th April 2012, 08:38 AM   |  #455  
Flag Memphis

3 posts
More
Recovery Flashing issues
Hey guys, thanks for all the hard work and thought out responses on this forum. Got a couple of issues with regards to upgrading to 2.3

-----First issue-----
tried flashing 406 then 407 recovery. Went through the process like normal. Phone rebooted and I ran the update package and got the FOTA Mismatch. I know why, The flashing of 406 or 407 never when through. I read earlier in the forums that some people were having problems flashing the 350 recovery so I didn't try it. I flashed the recovery files and got the successful prompt 6 times and my phone still didn't flash the recovery.

-----Second issue-----
Used the QDL tool to upgrade my streak from 1.6 to 2.2. Then tried to flash the different recovery files, including 350 to streak. Everything says its successful. But its not. On top of that, when I try to go into recovery, and select the update pkg option, my screen displays a black screen and hangs. Not even attempting the update where it was at least attempting it the first time.

B4 anyone comments on me being on 1.6, I just received a new streak from dell because my old one was crapping out. Got it under warranty.i've been on here through the forums all day trying to find a clue to whats happening. I'm not new to flashing and fastboot. Spent a couple of hours digging through some info on here and the web. I've come up short. I'm willing to bet its something simple. My gut tells me it has partly something to do with using the qdl tool as far as the hanging goes.

Android: 2.2
Baseband: 30500-US
Build number 10688
Last edited by HadToHappn; 14th April 2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Updating phone info
14th April 2012, 07:00 PM   |  #456  
Flag Memphis

3 posts
More
Recovery Flashing issues
I also tried oldwolfkkk suggestion as well. Flashed it multiple times and still got nothing. Trying to find a way to revert it back to stock US 1.6. Everything I've tried so far has failed.

Got It working Guys!
Amazing what a little more research for a couple more hours can do!
Last edited by HadToHappn; 15th April 2012 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Solved!
22nd April 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #457  
Flag Toronto

11 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by HadToHappn

I also tried oldwolfkkk suggestion as well. Flashed it multiple times and still got nothing. Trying to find a way to revert it back to stock US 1.6. Everything I've tried so far has failed.

Got It working Guys!
Amazing what a little more research for a couple more hours can do!

I am glad you made it! I just installed Go launcher EX by Go dev team from the market app`s, that rocks dudes..!! also for freezing answering/hang up botton issue I install a cool app named just shake free trust me it works perfect.
Last edited by oldwolfkkk; 23rd April 2012 at 01:40 AM.
24th April 2012, 11:14 AM   |  #458  

5 posts
I got it working, but I'm having the LED blinking issue. Is reflashing the whole thing the only way to fix it? Took me a good two hours just to get it working, I was afraid I bricked my Streak by then.
24th April 2012, 02:26 PM   |  #459  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 805

2,690 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mieki

I got it working, but I'm having the LED blinking issue. Is reflashing the whole thing the only way to fix it? Took me a good two hours just to get it working, I was afraid I bricked my Streak by then.

You have to flash the amss and DSP1 files via fastboot

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to cdzo72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 02:57 PM   |  #460  
Flag Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 2

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mieki

Steps:
1. Recovery (recovery flash: CleanFlasher look on Google)

2. ROM

Both files (recovery image + Olleh ROM):
Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Dell_Streak_5
You problem is now fixed

The Following User Says Thank You to gabriel30 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread