Yes. I realize this was very easy. TippyTurtle i got ur reply while i was posting this answer.
so, got it done.
This is how i did it.
For all those ideapad A1 owners who have installed the system update and can't get the tablet rooted from SuperOneClick.
You need to use A1-rooter.
1."www[dot]a1.cu2.at/A1_rooter[dot]zip" ----Download this zip file.
[replace 'dot' with '.']
2.put this zip file in your internal storage sdcard such that the full path is /sdacard/A1_rooter
3."www[dot]doc.ic.ac.uk/~grm08/ideapad/cwm-18.104.22.168-rev3-ideapad-a1[dot]zip" ----------- cwm-22.214.171.124-rev3-ideapad-a1.zip
Download the file "cwm-126.96.36.199-rev3-ideapad-a1.zip" from the above link
4. Copy this file to the root of the internal SD card and rename it to update.zip (so the full path should be /sdcard/update.zip)
5. Power down the Ideapad.
6. Hold down volume down and turn the power back on, keeping volume down held until the tablet boots up to an image of an arrow out of a box with an android (this is the stock recovery).
7. Wait whilst Clockworkmod recovery installs. The progress bar should fill up.
6. Afterwards you should see a blue menu of clockmoderecovery.
7. goto install zip
8. install zip from internal storage
9. select A1-rooter.zip
10. installing should be done in seconds.
11. go back and reboot to android.
12. enjoy..your ideapad a1 has been successfully been rooted.
|ideapad, lenovo a1, lenovoa1, lepad, root, tablet|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|