Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,023 Members 40,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OEM NOKIA ROMs - Download & Flashable - Now Supports 93 Devices!

Tip us?

pistol44
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport View Post
That's how the ATT version is. The option exists, but you have to call in to ATT and have it enabled for an extra charge.

I believe for those who want it free, you'll need to wait for registry access... Even then, doesn't ATT eventually find out and back charge?

Makes me wonder. Can a Rogers customer call Rogers and have it enabled for a charge on an ATT phone?
That's a great question however I believe the answer is no. I've unlocked my ATT Titan for use on Telus. Internet sharing is still locked by ATT. Telus cannot enable it for me and ATT can't do anything either because I'm not a customer.

I'm curious though.. I almost feel like a registry edit would be needed to enable Internet Sharing regardless if you have ATT activate it. What actually enables it? ATT clicks a button on their end and it magically enables it? And lets say the enable it, you leave ATT and unlock your same device on another carrier.. Is it still unlocked?

DanMc85
Old
Thanks Meter 241

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport View Post
I don't know what's different, if anything, but I personally flashed the ATT Retail Alive one to my phone. I believe they call those others Variant files.
The Alive versions are not for regular use, they contain the demo "screensavers" and content programs for the display versions you see on display in at&t stores. If this content downloads to your phone automatically which it will given time with the alive versions basically the demo will auto start when the phone isn't actively being used and run the battery into the ground until it is dead as the screen with never shut off.

- Dan
My Phones:

HTC One M8 Developer Edition, AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 x2, Samsung Galaxy S 4 32GB (i337), and Apple iPhone 5s 32GB

My Tablets:

Dell XPS 18, Apple iPad Mini Retina 32GB LTE, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE (i467), HTC Jetstream LTE (Puccini)

PayPal

SuperSport
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEDan1977 View Post
The Alive versions are not for regular use, they contain the demo "screensavers" and content programs for the display versions you see on display in at&t stores. If this content downloads to your phone automatically which it will given time with the alive versions basically the demo will auto start when the phone isn't actively being used and run the battery into the ground until it is dead as the screen with never shut off.

- Dan
That's good to know, although, I don't see any difference on my phone. No extra screen savers, programs, wallpapers, etc... I guess in time they will download automatically?
Tablet: Lenovo IdeaPad Lynx w Win Blue
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020
MediaFire Share - Mostly Windows Mobile
MEGA Share - Mostly Android
Disclaimer: By using any Files, Packages, Cabs, ROMs, Knowledge, etc, that I share, you are doing so at your own risk. Go Ahead, Live on the Edge!

53 75 70 65 72 53 70 6f 72 74 HEX

crowvat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nokia Lumia 900

I have paid cellunlocker some money to unlock my nokia lumia 900, they did say it will take some time untill they work it out.

And I guess if flashing the phone wont unlock it, its just a waiting game until some one breaks the AT&T lock code.

Can any one think of any other way to unlock this phone?

Best Regards,
crowvat

jakmal
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i re-flash my lumia and now the problem with the buttons is gone.

SuperSport
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakmal View Post
i re-flash my lumia and now the problem with the buttons is gone.
That's great news. I'm glad these have successfully helped someone.
Tablet: Lenovo IdeaPad Lynx w Win Blue
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020
MediaFire Share - Mostly Windows Mobile
MEGA Share - Mostly Android
Disclaimer: By using any Files, Packages, Cabs, ROMs, Knowledge, etc, that I share, you are doing so at your own risk. Go Ahead, Live on the Edge!

53 75 70 65 72 53 70 6f 72 74 HEX

_Madmatt
Old
Thanks Meter 114

DONATE TO ME
I was just wondering, if I buy a Lumia 900 AT&T, and then when they release the 900 in Europe as well, could I flash the Europe (unlocked) ROM on the AT&T variant? Because it won't accept my SIM card when it's locked, or would it?
Windows Phone proves that you can make an original and innovative OS without copying Apple. Something Google didn't manage to do.

NOKIA Lumia 920 | OS: WP8 Apollo (8.0.9903.10)
NOKIA Lumia 800 | OS: WP7.5 Mango (7.10.8773.98)
HTC 7 Mozart
HTC HD Mini (sold)

jakmal
Old
Thanks Meter 5
it will be locked to att unless you do a sim unlock

cruiser78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMackey View Post
Rogers customer here.

The internet sharing option IS available but any connected devices will not get internet access unless you have a tethering plan. So even if you flash a Rogers ROM to an AT&T phone, it seems the provider still can disable internet sharing on their end.
I have a Rogers Lumia 900 unlocked and am using it on Bell. When I try and enable Internet Sharing, I get a message stating that "Internet sharing isn't currently allowed." Really disappointed in that since I was looking forward to keeping that option available since I came from a Touch Pro 2.

TJBoy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser78 View Post
I have a Rogers Lumia 900 unlocked and am using it on Bell. When I try and enable Internet Sharing, I get a message stating that "Internet sharing isn't currently allowed." Really disappointed in that since I was looking forward to keeping that option available since I came from a Touch Pro 2.
But do you have a tethering plan activated with Bell?