Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-19-12][WIP] ics-deck-shift [pre-beta4]

OP kushdeck

22nd April 2012, 11:27 AM   |  #311  
sparksco's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,946
 
8,370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuscash

i lost the ability to play mp3s after flashing this
idk if its just me or not, but i tried several diff players and none would get my music started.

When I flashed the patch I wiped cache and dalvik-cache and it worked fine. I did try flashing it without wiping and I couldn't even open my music application. I would recommend to wipe these in recovery just prior to flashing the patch. After you boot up you will get this message (pic attached). after the first install you won't have to wiped cache and dalvik-cache for flashing a new pb. Just make sure you flash it right after flashing the Rom.

Everything is running fine for me and with this being a pb with no memory leaks, bog downs, battery drain ect this rom is just what I need it to be now Looking forward to future updates with this rom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2012-04-22-024638.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	1018490  
Last edited by sparksco; 22nd April 2012 at 01:59 PM.
22nd April 2012, 07:51 PM   |  #312  
asaladinojr's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Just flashed pb19. Still no luck on my carrier data issues, but the screen transitions seem smoother and bringing files up from the card seems to take less time. After submitting the bug for data, just got an acknowledgement that it is being worked on now, so hopefully soon it will be fixed. That's still the only concern I have, but the new pb is a nice upgrade aesthetically.

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using XDA
22nd April 2012, 09:11 PM   |  #313  
sparksco's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,946
 
8,370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
More
I plan on running pb-19 all day today with the memfree patch to see how it holds up. So far no major issues besides one random hard reboot when I was using my browser. Other than that everything else is working well. I flashed the gapps from rom manager and it worked great. Not sure if I'm a fan of nova launcher, would much rather have a shot at the stock ics launcher with this rom but meh.
22nd April 2012, 09:21 PM   |  #314  
-somebody-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Upstate, NY
Thanks Meter: 657
 
1,345 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksco

I plan on running pb-19 all day today with the memfree patch to see how it holds up. So far no major issues besides one random hard reboot when I was using my browser. Other than that everything else is working well. I flashed the gapps from rom manager and it worked great. Not sure if I'm a fan of nova launcher, would much rather have a shot at the stock ics launcher with this rom but meh.

ive been using apex launcher with it and i like it
The Following User Says Thank You to -somebody- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 06:04 AM   |  #315  
sparksco's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,946
 
8,370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -somebody-

ive been using apex launcher with it and i like it

Aw ok, next time I try this rom out I'll give it a go. Had to return to gingerbread for now because of some random reboots I had when I was using my gps navigation today. This rom feels so close. When I have some time I'll see about making some ics kernels.
The Following User Says Thank You to sparksco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 06:24 AM   |  #316  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 327
 
1,055 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksco

When I flashed the patch I wiped cache and dalvik-cache and it worked fine. I did try flashing it without wiping and I couldn't even open my music application. I would recommend to wipe these in recovery just prior to flashing the patch. After you boot up you will get this message (pic attached). after the first install you won't have to wiped cache and dalvik-cache for flashing a new pb. Just make sure you flash it right after flashing the Rom.

haha woops, Ive been so used to getting away with not wiping cache and dalvik cache lol >
23rd April 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #317  
doratheconquistadora's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Walnut Creek, CA
Thanks Meter: 22
 
296 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
I wiped cache and dalvik-cache before flashing spark's patch. I now have no sound. Music doesn't play, notifications and ringtones are silent.

What do I do?

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using XDA

UPDATE: I just went ahead and upgraded to pb19 but without applying the mem free patch
Last edited by doratheconquistadora; 23rd April 2012 at 09:01 PM.
23rd April 2012, 09:43 PM   |  #318  
sparksco's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,946
 
8,370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doratheconquistadora

I wiped cache and dalvik-cache before flashing spark's patch. I now have no sound. Music doesn't play, notifications and ringtones are silent.

What do I do?

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using XDA

UPDATE: I just went ahead and upgraded to pb19 but without applying the mem free patch

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=302

Make sure you follow all of the Instructions section
Last edited by sparksco; 23rd April 2012 at 10:59 PM.
24th April 2012, 12:06 AM   |  #319  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
A few days ago I thought someone said that gapps were built into the rom and that we shouldn't flash them in. Did that change and I missed it somewhere?
24th April 2012, 12:08 AM   |  #320  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
I just started this ROM with pb18. Seemed a little sluggish and had problems connecting with VVM service. Applied the Mem patch and seemed to run faster.

Just tried pb19 with the mem patch. Can't see much difference vs pb18 (except VVM was missing) but it's working well. Sound, wireless, etc. works fine. No FC's (yet). Wish I could get the VVM app working properly. Tried some of the recommendations from prior posts but no success thus far.

The Following User Says Thank You to geekdaddy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes