Please Help me with A2SD

OP mbaban

11th April 2012, 05:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

36 posts
before i go any further on my phone please help me :

this is what i did :

1- i partioned my sd card be 4ext recovery choosing 512 on 1st and 2048 on second and 128 as swap and finally i chose 3ext

2- then i downloaded darkmetor a2sd ind installed from recovery (during this my rom was normal cyanogen0

3- then i flash medroid 7.2 based on cyanogenmod rom which supports a2sd (before that i wipe cache and dalvik)

4- then when i rebooted twice manually i saw that i still have insufficient storage
so i fully wiped and instal darkometor script again and now i already rebooted twice but when i download internal decreases , i tried typing in terminal emulator su the a2sd reinstall but it failed and it said that a2sd seems not too be booted at startup , i dont know what im doing andwhat to do anymore , please help me and guide me
11th April 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag The Windy City, Chicago, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 359

1,164 posts
Donate to Me
More
Your setup is a bit off; try this:

1) I highly recommend you wipe everything (backup apps with Titanium Backup) and start over fresh. If not, you can still probably continue.

2) I would also recommend that you make the EXT partition size bigger, about 1gb. And try not to use swap (set it to 0). It has no positive effect on performance, and some rumor it can harm your SD card over time.

3) Try another script. Scripts like DarkTremor, S2E, and others have issues where the device will say low memory when the partition is only half full. Try this script (flashable in recovery), I HIGHLY recommend it; it mounts the EXT as internal and works really great. Link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1310309

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Closed Source Project For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2012, 07:28 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 1,848

7,575 posts
More
not sure why you installed 4ext recovery then installed DT--4ext has worked quite well for me, Amon_Ra for a very long time before that

you only need 1 sdext for CM7

as mentioned 1gb and 0 swap

if using DT you flash CM7 then flash DT beta4 before rebooting, maybe even gapps between CM7 and DT--see what OP says on what's included

install Titanium Backup then just a couple apps like Term Emu if it is not already installed

then run your scripts thru terminal emulator

a2sd reinstall
a2sd zipalign
a2sd noswap
a2sd cachesd

phone will reboot after reinstall and cachesd or should--

some people reboot once right after first boot before doing anything else

most people are using sd ext4 not 3 atm, as far as I know

ken
The Following User Says Thank You to rugmankc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2012, 07:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 37

164 posts
As CSP said, you should make 1st ext bigger than the 2nd one. I even don't recommend you to make 2nd ext partition, very rarely rom that require it. Choose 1GB for 1st ext, skip 2nd ext, and skip swap. But if you want to make 2nd ext, try 1GB for 1st ext, 512/256 for 2nd. Remember to back up your sdcard first.

Before flashing the rom, try to wipe all partition except sd card, find it on recovery menu. You should flash the rom first, then flash the a2sd script. From your post, I see you screwed up the order.

To run the script, after rebooting and setting up, if you use the latest DT, type "a2sd reinstall" in terminal. I also usually run "a2sd cachesd" to move dalvik-cache, "a2sd zipalign" for alignment purpose on boot-up.

Add: Arrgg, rugmankc beat me
Last edited by MoeNeXus; 11th April 2012 at 07:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MoeNeXus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 07:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

36 posts
i did as u said , specialy moenexus but i got permission denied in TE and it didnt work
22nd April 2012, 07:54 PM   |  #6  
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 1,848

7,575 posts
More
can you open and use Titanium if not you may need to reinstall Superuser or add TE to your Superuser list--in its' settings

ken
The Following User Says Thank You to rugmankc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 08:08 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

36 posts
Thanks guys it worked using the script that CSP recommended , thnx to u all

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread