Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in boot loop.

Tip us?

xstackedx
Old
(Last edited by xstackedx; 22nd April 2012 at 07:09 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Stuck in boot loop.

I got a new archos g9 80 in the mail today. I was following guides in the forum to root my device.

Here is what I did:
Flashed the ics aos file.
Paul's temp root.
ran enable_sde

Current State of tablet:
When booted normally, loops splash logo.
When recovery boot, shows recovery and displays on computer for split second. Then turns off.

What can I do to fix this? I am not sure what went wrong.

Edit: After I enabled SDE, I forgot to remove /data/local.prop to disable temp root. Would that contribute to the problem? How can I remove temp root now?

Edit 2: So here is the funny part, I hope you guys all get a laugh out of this. this is not actually my tablet. I have been helping a good friend of mine over webcam. When booting into the recovery, she would hold the power button still. I thought it was crashing, but she was just powering it off because she wouldn't let go of the button.
The Following User Says Thank You to xstackedx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mn555
Old
Thanks Meter 6
just remove it then everything should work normaly.
when i installed pawl s root my tablet needed minutes to boot!
just connect it to your pc and wait for it to boot then it will be connected in debugging mode then remove paul s root.
The Following User Says Thank You to mn555 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xstackedx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for the help, but I got it working now. See Edit 2 in the original post. Once we could access the recovery. I flashed Petru's root and busybox ICS rom.
Tags
archos g9, boot loop, sde