Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,564 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

in a loop and no recovery :(

Tip us?

mingmong24
Old
(Last edited by mingmong24; 22nd April 2012 at 06:42 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default in a loop and no recovery :(

hi, ive not tried updating xoom for over a month now, i was on nightly 34 or something, anyway it kept saying there was a system update so i agreed to update, it kept downloading then saying verification failed.

I went to a thread on here where it said it had stock ICS and downloaded it, put it on sd card and did the usual procedures, it rebooted and it now stuck on a screen with loads of blue, green, red and orange squares appearing, like a loading screen or something, was stuck there for like 20 mins so i reset using power and volume up, then tried to enter recovery with volume down but it gets stuck on a screen "starting fastboot protocol support" and goes no further, can any1 help me out here please? thank you

Prod1702
Old
Thanks Meter 191

DONATE TO ME
If you are unable to boot into the recovery you are going to have to flash a new recovery using Fastboot. Check out the guides on how to flash a recovery using fastboot under the dev sub forums. There are guides there on how to get to fastboot from a cold boot as well as the commands that you use use with cmd on your PC.
Current Phone: T-Mobile HTC One (M8)
Tablet: T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Phones not in use: G1, HTC Nexus One, LG G2X, GSM Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, HTC One, LG G-Flex, Note 3

If you don't have a Dropbox account join off me and get an extra 500mb of free space. http://db.tt/apgNbhRE