5,815,133 Members 38,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][CWM] Official Sensation XL ICS [2.28.709.1] ONLINE

Tip us?
 
AndroHero
Old
#71  
AndroHero's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 907
Posts: 6,477
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfchin View Post
you can flash ROM.zip via Y cable and gold card.
This will also upgrade your HBOOT,too
ROM zip is inside the RUU files,and it need to be renamed to PI39IMG.zip and puts it to the root of your gold card
But making a goldcard on our type of device will bring possibility of bricking nand right? can we make a goldcard the normal way? using a partition and a hex editor?
------------------------------------------------------------
My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Rom Version - 3 Musketeers Insanely Cool Sense v2.2.1
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13



 
Johnston411
Old
#72  
Johnston411's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 531
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kent
Could you not just add your cid to the android-info.txt file then flash that via the bootloader as a PI3IMG.ZIP?
HTC Sensation s-off
HTC Sensation XL s-off
 
nader1450
Old
#73  
nader1450's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 893
Posts: 426
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfchin View Post
you can flash ROM.zip via Y cable and gold card.
This will also upgrade your HBOOT,too
ROM zip is inside the RUU files,and it need to be renamed to PI39IMG.zip and puts it to the root of your gold card
this is good idea ... But i think no result

i like try this

can u help us step by step

any developer have some idea about this method ?!
 
Johnston411
Old
#74  
Johnston411's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 531
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kent
check this thread out for the original sensation. there is a how to near the bottom which might be worth a go. you'll need to remove some bits from the rom.zip but should be pretty self explanatory.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1459767

don't download anything you find over their to flash on your xl as you'll probably break it
HTC Sensation s-off
HTC Sensation XL s-off
 
giorgit28
Old
#75  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 71
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tbilisi
Is it possible to root that roms?
 
AndroHero
Old
#76  
AndroHero's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 907
Posts: 6,477
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnston411 View Post
check this thread out for the original sensation. there is a how to near the bottom which might be worth a go. you'll need to remove some bits from the rom.zip but should be pretty self explanatory.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1459767

don't download anything you find over their to flash on your xl as you'll probably break it
hmm im having trouble replacing the .txt file in the rom.zip, winrar, 7zip and windows native .zip all tell me archive is corrupt. But i can extract it with no problems, so it isnt corrupt

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nader1450 View Post
this is good idea ... But i think no result

i like try this

can u help us step by step

any developer have some idea about this method ?!
did you use a Y cable or normal USB?
------------------------------------------------------------
My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Rom Version - 3 Musketeers Insanely Cool Sense v2.2.1
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13



 
Johnston411
Old
#77  
Johnston411's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 531
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kent
If I remember rightly you need to use windows built in archive tool and notepad++ to do it

A fair few people couldn't get passed the corrupt archive error so I think that's how that thread appeared.

Might be worth asking the OP if he'll have a look.

@dutchdanny apologies for the off topic
HTC Sensation s-off
HTC Sensation XL s-off
 
alfchin
Old
(Last edited by alfchin; 23rd April 2012 at 03:21 AM.)
#78  
Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 94
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero View Post
But making a goldcard on our type of device will bring possibility of bricking nand right? can we make a goldcard the normal way? using a partition and a hex editor?
DON'T TRY TO USE NAND TO BURN A GOLD CARD!
IT'S REALLY DANGEROUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nader1450 View Post
this is good idea ... But i think no result

i like try this

can u help us step by step

any developer have some idea about this method ?!
You need those things below
Y cable,a sd card,a card reader.
1.make the new sd card as a gold card(like other htc phones),put rom.zip from Ruu On the root of gold card and rename it to PI39IMG.zip
2.make the y cable(it just like otg cable and it has own USB to get power)
3.connect your phone ,pc and sd card reader with the gold card together via y cable.
4.boot into hoot,then it will do something then ask you whether to upgrade.(you may need to try many times to get hboot recognize your gold card).this step is the same to other HTC
Warning:this method is no downgradeable
 
cb.de
Old
(Last edited by cb.de; 23rd April 2012 at 09:14 AM.)
#79  
Member
Thanks Meter 114
Posts: 45
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfchin View Post
DON'T TRY TO USE NAND TO BURN A GOLD CARD!
IT'S REALLY DANGEROUS
Why you think it would be dangerous?
A goldcard means just to modify the first sector of a SD card, in this case the first sector of the partition that is mounted as internal storage... don’t see how this could be dangerous, just format that partition and you are back to the original

I tried it, but the device did not accept it as goldcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfchin View Post
You need those things below
Y cable,a sd card,a card reader.
1.make the new sd card as a gold card(like other htc phones),put rom.zip from Ruu On the root of gold card and rename it to PI39IMG.zip
2.make the y cable(it just like otg cable and it has own USB to get power)
3.connect your phone ,pc and sd card reader with the gold card together via y cable.
4.boot into hoot,then it will do something then ask you whether to upgrade.(you may need to try many times to get hboot recognize your gold card).this step is the same to other HTC
Warning:this method is no downgradeable
Did you try that? Are you sure this is working?
 
alfchin
Old
#80  
Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 94
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb.de View Post
Why you think it would be dangerous?
A goldcard means just to modify the first sector of a SD card, in this case the first sector of the partition that is mounted as internal storage... don’t see how this could be dangerous, just format that partition and you are back to the original

I tried it, but the device did not accept it as goldcard



Did you try that? Are you sure this is working?
I am sure that Y cable works.
and one of my friends bricked his XL by using nand to burn a gold card
if you need further info about y cable,i will try to translate them into English

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes