FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[Q] Stuck at boot screen

85 posts
Thanks Meter: 9
 
By the_KEV, Member on 22nd April 2012, 03:20 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, I was rooted and tried to add some ringtones to my system/media folder. Instead of saving it to my SD card and then using a file explorer to move the files like I usually do, I tried to use droid explorer and do it from my PC. Now my phone won't get past the motorola logo when I start the phone. I'm not really sure what to do, can someone help me?
 
 
22nd April 2012, 03:43 PM |#2  
CaelanT's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 762
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_KEV

Hi, I was rooted and tried to add some ringtones to my system/media folder. Instead of saving it to my SD card and then using a file explorer to move the files like I usually do, I tried to use droid explorer and do it from my PC. Now my phone won't get past the motorola logo when I start the phone. I'm not really sure what to do, can someone help me?

I doubt that adding some ringtones to your /system/media folder from your PC would result in a non-boot condition. Sounds like you may have messed up some system files when you were doing what you were doing. Are you sure you did not inadvertently move/delete/alter any other files?

Do you have an unlocked bootloader?
22nd April 2012, 07:21 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
I figured that was what I did... I dont have an unlocked bootloader. Should I?
22nd April 2012, 08:13 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
I'm going to assume that my phone is bricked...
Will this work?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...99&postcount=3
22nd April 2012, 08:58 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_KEV

I'm going to assume that my phone is bricked...
Will this work?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...99&postcount=3

Its too early assume your bricked...I don't think your bricked. Have you tried to access your recovery? You can try a factory reset from there.

Sent from my MB860 running Jokersax's CM9
23rd April 2012, 02:30 AM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Well I got it going again. I flashed the factory sbf. I'm happy I didn't have to go back to the factory settings

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 02:39 PM |#7  
Rhonn's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giqbal

Its too early assume your bricked...I don't think your bricked. Have you tried to access your recovery? You can try a factory reset from there.

Sent from my MB860 running Jokersax's CM9

turn on your smartphone, and when apear logo press volume up, go into recovery CWM and make a factory reset, or ... get one rom and put in your sd card and make a factory reset and wipe cash, dalvik and flash new rom, and try to boot ....
19th July 2012, 08:15 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
stuck at boot screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaelanT

I doubt that adding some ringtones to your /system/media folder from your PC would result in a non-boot condition. Sounds like you may have messed up some system files when you were doing what you were doing. Are you sure you did not inadvertently move/delete/alter any other files?

Do you have an unlocked bootloader?

I have a similar problem and I know I am not bricked but can't currently get out of my jam. This is the process I used so far:

I unlocked bootloaders and rooted with an automatic script program

I installed superuser and CWM from the market

I placed the cm-7.2.0-olympus and gapps .zip files in my root of internal sd

I wiped with moto-fastboot followed by wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, and Dalvik

Then I installed the CM7.2 and Gapps zip files from the sd - and now I'm stuck at the M boot screen with Unlocked at the top.

I can boot into recovery and at the top of the recovery screen it reads Atrix 4G Recovery v4.0.0.2 goapk.com so I am thinking that the script I used initially installed a different recovery program and I am not actually using CWM. Also when I get into fastboot mode it says my battery is too low to flash and I don't have an indication that the battery is accepting a charge when it is plugged in...

I can get into recovery but even if I wipe and reinstall the zip I can't get past the boot loop - any suggestions?
19th July 2012, 09:32 AM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikl0018

I have a similar problem and I know I am not bricked but can't currently get out of my jam. This is the process I used so far:

I unlocked bootloaders and rooted with an automatic script program

I installed superuser and CWM from the market

I placed the cm-7.2.0-olympus and gapps .zip files in my root of internal sd

I wiped with moto-fastboot followed by wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, and Dalvik

Then I installed the CM7.2 and Gapps zip files from the sd - and now I'm stuck at the M boot screen with Unlocked at the top.

I can boot into recovery and at the top of the recovery screen it reads Atrix 4G Recovery v4.0.0.2 goapk.com so I am thinking that the script I used initially installed a different recovery program and I am not actually using CWM. Also when I get into fastboot mode it says my battery is too low to flash and I don't have an indication that the battery is accepting a charge when it is plugged in...

I can get into recovery but even if I wipe and reinstall the zip I can't get past the boot loop - any suggestions?

I think that tenfar recovery that you flashed through automatic script. You can just get rom racer recovery flash it through fast boot or Just download this recovery and flash it like any ROM and reboot.http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1659890

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to harishmenace For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2012, 01:39 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Try to flash your phone with your stock firmware using rsd lite

here a list of firmwares ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1125944

WARNING! : flash it with YOUR stock sbf !!!


OR

Flash the latest sbf for your phone. I've done several with no problems. Yes, you do lose the unlocked bootloader though.
This will return you to stock. I used the same files.


You can avoid bricking your device by not flashing any over-the-air updates to Android 2.3.4. Instead, try flashing the 2.3.4 zip over here. Or, flash the pure stock images from here.
19th July 2012, 02:00 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Worked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishatrix

I think that tenfar recovery that you flashed through automatic script. You can just get rom racer recovery flash it through fast boot or Just download this recovery and flash it like any ROM and reboot.http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1659890

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Not sure why the other recovery wasn't working but your solution worked swell! Thank you for the assistance. I think it is communities like this online that make Android superior to other mobile OS platforms. It is a highly customizable experience but without these forums I'd be lost.

Many thanks,

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes