5,597,937 Members 38,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[i9000/GUIDE/ROM] Android 2.2.1 Darky`s 9.5 Extreme Edition (with call recording)

Tip us?

Hampy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst2012 View Post
My extensive reading brought me here and this looks like a friendly place so here goes.

I'm considering trying Darky 9.5 specifically for the Call Recording.

Q 1: Can I simply extract the Phone.apk from Darky v9.5 and use it in DarkROM v10.4.2, or my current stock JW1 ROM?

Q 2: If I move to Darky ROM can I re-use the (stock) KG3 baseband/modem as it is for Canada?

Q3: As my sig shows, I am (at present) on stock JW1 + stock KG3 modem, + Semaphore kernel. Do I need to flash back to full stock KG3 or JW1 before proceeding? I use Odin.

Thank you!
Q1 Not possible, call recording only works on froyo based roms, DarkyROM v10.4.2 is based on Gingerbread.

Q2 If you move to Darky 9.5 you can use froyo compatible modems, so check if that one is compatible with 2.2.1 froyo versions.

Q2 if you want to flash darky 9.5 just follow my guide above, exacly as i say, you can be using any rom atm so doesnt matter, the guide is valid independently of the rom you are using because flashing with odin will erase all and install a js8 base.

Good luck hope you enjoy..call recording rulez ;P
The Following User Says Thank You to Hampy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

waldo698
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey, this rom works great but I have one problem. The wi-fi won't work... I've tried the ad-oc one and the original one. Wifi is working fine though because my laptop is connected to it. I've tried forgetting it and reconnecting etc. But no luck. It says its connected but no data transfer. Any suggestions?

Hampy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Hey, this rom works great but I have one problem. The wi-fi won't work... I've tried the ad-oc one and the original one. Wifi is working fine though because my laptop is connected to it. I've tried forgetting it and reconnecting etc. But no luck. It says its connected but no data transfer. Any suggestions?
Never had a non working wifi in any rom, so ill try to help just gessing logicaly.
Try to see if the wifi works in another router, go to a friends house, if its not working i think either you did something wrong in flashing steps, or the wifi is broken at a hardware level.
Sry i cannot be of more help good luck.

Tapatalk from GT-I9000

James Palm
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo698 View Post
Will not work on a N + G router, change router to G only and it works.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Catalyst2012
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampy View Post
Q1 Not possible, call recording only works on froyo based roms, DarkyROM v10.4.2 is based on Gingerbread.

Q2 If you move to Darky 9.5 you can use froyo compatible modems, so check if that one is compatible with 2.2.1 froyo versions.

Q2 if you want to flash darky 9.5 just follow my guide above, exacly as i say, you can be using any rom atm so doesnt matter, the guide is valid independently of the rom you are using because flashing with odin will erase all and install a js8 base.

Good luck hope you enjoy..call recording rulez ;P
Thanks for the clear reply!
Not sure I want to go back to Froyo. Is there any possibility for Call Recording with GB ROMs?

Do you know if the Call Recording is dependent on the Kernel, as there are market Apps that can do it, but not the one I was using, at least not with Semaphore 2.5?
ROM: CM 10.2 (4.3.1) (Thanks to CyanogenMod community and pawitp for his unyielding support!)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Read the forum rules. Treat all members with courtesy and respect.

Remember - every time you post, an email notification goes out to all members subscribed to the thread.

If a post was helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the THANKS button.

Hampy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst2012 View Post
Thanks for the clear reply!
Not sure I want to go back to Froyo. Is there any possibility for Call Recording with GB ROMs?

Do you know if the Call Recording is dependent on the Kernel, as there are market Apps that can do it, but not the one I was using, at least not with Semaphore 2.5?
I think there are some market apps that can record in GB roms not sure, i tryed some long time ago and no app worked, but it can only record with phone mic so you only hear your voice...maybe turning phone loud speaker on can be possible to record the other side also...but the quality might be from really really bad to even worst then that , if you want crystal clear call recording must be on froyo.

So if you really want and need call recording must be on this rom, best froyo you can get...for me call recording is a very handy feature that i cannot afford to not have.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hampy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tasartir
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This ROM look's very cool.
It deserves a try.

Catalyst2012
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampy View Post
So if you really want and need call recording must be on this rom, best froyo you can get...for me call recording is a very handy feature that i cannot afford to not have.
I had acceptable luck with Auto Call Recorder using Stock KG3 2.3.3 Firmware . I have tried JW1 with two custom kernels with same bad results so I suspect something in the JW1 firmware (not the custom kernels) is the cause .
ROM: CM 10.2 (4.3.1) (Thanks to CyanogenMod community and pawitp for his unyielding support!)
Read the forum rules. Treat all members with courtesy and respect.

Remember - every time you post, an email notification goes out to all members subscribed to the thread.

If a post was helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the THANKS button.

kpfury
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Should I follow these instructions or the one posted on Darky's website?

http://www.darkyrom.com/community/in...00m-only.1041/

I'm on a completely stock I9000 2.2 firmware...

Thanks!

Hampy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpfury View Post
Should I follow these instructions or the one posted on Darky's website?

http://www.darkyrom.com/community/in...00m-only.1041/

I'm on a completely stock I9000 2.2 firmware...

Thanks!
Follow my guide it ensures all will work without problems i flashed darky many dozens of times, and found this to be the best way. Cheers

Tapatalk from GT-I9000