Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[KERNEL][4/11/12] TestyMeh ICS 1.0 - OC+SIO+Initd ICS, New Suspend Method, Added Veno

OP msticninja

22nd April 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #371  
Thanks Meter: 4

50 posts
Thumbs up
Running for 19h without power or keyboard plugged - I am extremely satisfied so far since
ICS led to a constant reboots.

Using the 1.0 kernel with Android revolution HD and wifi constantly on.

BTW : stupid question regarding Voodoo, you claim it works with it but I can't load it into the kernel, is it already included in the kernel?
22nd April 2012, 08:24 PM   |  #372  
Thanks Meter: 1

95 posts
Tried your kernel after SOD with test16. Same result. SOD after few hours.
ROM HD 3.2.1.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=742

EDIT: Now seems to be OK with your 0.8 - so it is really looks like "new suspend code" introduced by guevor at test13 and at 1.0 by you seems to be not suitable for TF101G and/or with dock.
Also, I do not have 3G data with 0.8 (it was functioning with 1.0).

EDIT2: Can I try 0.9 ?
Last edited by suur13; 23rd April 2012 at 07:55 AM.
23rd April 2012, 04:36 AM   |  #373  
Flag Bonner Springs, KS
Thanks Meter: 1,682

1,642 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebioman

Running for 19h without power or keyboard plugged - I am extremely satisfied so far since
ICS led to a constant reboots.

Using the 1.0 kernel with Android revolution HD and wifi constantly on.

BTW : stupid question regarding Voodoo, you claim it works with it but I can't load it into the kernel, is it already included in the kernel?

If you are using the new beta Voodoo from the Voodoo thread along with the paid Voodoo Plus license then it should work. I believe it is now more of a driver rewrite or modification and not dependent on loading a kernel module. I'm using it with Revolver 4 RC1 and it works fine, although it IS still beta. The way to tell if it is working is when you try to increase or decrease volume, at some point you should see an additional slider at the bottom of the screen related to headphone amplifier gain. Of course, this only happens with headphones plugged in and not on internal speaker sound.

If you are trying to use one of the old (Honeycomb based) Voodoo kernel modules, then you need to remove that module from your modules directory, as it will not work with ICS. It appears to be OK, other than complaining about kernel support, but will crash the system if you plug headphones in and try to change volume. You also need to remove the old Voodoo app if you are using the new beta driver and Voodoo Plus license, if it isn't removed already from the install of the new Voodoo.

So, in other words, you have to have the paid Voodoo Plus license along with downloading and installing the new beta driver for it to work and also you need a ROM that's based on stock from Asus, as I don't think it's working yet with AOSP builds.
Last edited by sidneyk; 23rd April 2012 at 04:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sidneyk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 10:56 PM   |  #374  
Thanks Meter: 1

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by suur13

Tried your kernel after SOD with test16. Same result. SOD after few hours.
ROM HD 3.2.1.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=742

EDIT: Now seems to be OK with your 0.8 - so it is really looks like "new suspend code" introduced by guevor at test13 and at 1.0 by you seems to be not suitable for TF101G and/or with dock.
Also, I do not have 3G data with 0.8 (it was functioning with 1.0).

EDIT2: Can I try 0.9 ?

I can really say that something is in this new suspend code with TF101G and dock. My tab sleeps fine with test 11b and TestyMeh 0.8 kernel (both released before this code change). Test 13 and > or 1.0 both produce SOD even with WAKE LOCK.

But the issue is that with guevor kernel I do not have CIFS and with 0.8 no 3g data.
24th April 2012, 12:52 AM   |  #375  
Thanks Meter: 101

654 posts
peoples take out big SD card in dock it will solve sleep problems

i had 8gb sd card in before and now it works great

maybe i save piece of gum in useless SD card slot now
24th April 2012, 04:40 AM   |  #376  
Flag Fairfax
Thanks Meter: 170

419 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117

peoples take out big SD card in dock it will solve sleep problems

i had 8gb sd card in before and now it works great

maybe i save piece of gum in useless SD card slot now

It seems to be something with the way the kernel handles the /Removable folder, because I get the SOD with my external drive on USB as well, I did on this kernel and on Guevor's as well. No problems with other USB devices (my mouse works fine)
24th April 2012, 05:39 AM   |  #377  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 725

1,530 posts
Donate to Me
More
I fixed SD card problems by hitting the little remove/unmount button when you pull up the notification bar. Just unmount it when you're not using it and it doesn't SOD. I only got this problem twice when I found an old 2gig giant SD lying around and plugged it in. See if it helps.
24th April 2012, 07:41 AM   |  #378  
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,718

6,694 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyk

and also you need a ROM that's based on stock from Asus, as I don't think it's working yet with AOSP builds.

I'm using the beta voodoo app with Megatron ROM (AOSP)+guevor 16 and it's working just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to baseballfanz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 08:17 AM   |  #379  
Flag Bonner Springs, KS
Thanks Meter: 1,682

1,642 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz

I'm using the beta voodoo app with Megatron ROM (AOSP)+guevor 16 and it's working just fine.

Good to know. I just thought that supercurio himself had said it wouldn't work, hadn't tried it myself. Thanks.
27th April 2012, 04:05 PM   |  #380  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing O Doom

I fixed SD card problems by hitting the little remove/unmount button when you pull up the notification bar. Just unmount it when you're not using it and it doesn't SOD. I only got this problem twice when I found an old 2gig giant SD lying around and plugged it in. See if it helps.

I have d same problem with hd revolution. I have a sd in dock as well. Initially thought was o/c issue, but happens without o/c as well. Will try out your method. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blades still owns the internets, it really works?!, kernel, omnomnomnom, roach is too busy playing with himself, testy unicorn
Previous Thread Next Thread