FORUMS

Google Now Marches Forward with ‘Now on Tap’

When Google Now was announced three years ago, it revolutionized the mobile … more

I/O 2015: Google Announces App Link Enhancements

During the Google I/O Keynote, VP of Engineering Dave Burke announced that the Android … more

Google Announces its IoT platform titled ‘Brillo’

A few days ago, a leak highlighted Google’s foray into the Internet … more

Android M Adds “Doze” Deep Sleeping

Android M has answered the call of battery by adding in a deeper sleep implementation … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD]Custom Splash Screens (Collection)

22nd April 2012, 06:17 PM |#11  
superevilllama's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Locked is fine.. that has nothing to do with the ability to flash anything. Once you are s-off you can flash anything you like, as long as you also have an ENG HBOOT. Go ahead and reattempt flashing your boot screen. It should work this time.
 
 
22nd April 2012, 06:22 PM |#12  
probablecauz69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama

Locked is fine.. that has nothing to do with the ability to flash anything. Once you are s-off you can flash anything you like, as long as you also have an ENG HBOOT. Go ahead and reattempt flashing your boot screen. It should work this time.

ok no problem. i will try to reflash the boot screen in a bit. waiting for a call. cant miss that while i am playing with the phone
22nd April 2012, 06:31 PM |#13  
ziggy46's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chambersburg, Pa
Thanks Meter: 2,016
 
Donate to Me
More
damn you beat me to it...
22nd April 2012, 07:14 PM |#14  
probablecauz69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
will animated splash screens work? or do they have to just be pictures
22nd April 2012, 07:17 PM |#15  
MentalDeath's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by probablecauz69

will animated splash screens work? or do they have to just be pictures

pictures

boot animations can be pictures or animations
The Following User Says Thank You to MentalDeath For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 07:50 PM |#16  
probablecauz69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalDeath

pictures

boot animations can be pictures or animations

ok thank you

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

since i changed over to the eng hboot everytime i flash a splash screen its just a bunch of lines. how can i go back to the JuopunutBear hboot???
22nd April 2012, 07:56 PM |#17  
superevilllama's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
More than likely you are flashing an image that is not the correct size. It has to be 540x960. If the hboot allowed it to flash, then it is not the hboot that is the issue.
22nd April 2012, 08:00 PM |#18  
probablecauz69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama

More than likely you are flashing an image that is not the correct size. It has to be 540x960. If the hboot allowed it to flash, then it is not the hboot that is the issue.

i am using the right size image. i tried one it didnt work and then i went back to the one i had before that worked and it was the same way, all lines. i am just going to restore back to right after i got s-off working and see if that takes care of the issue
22nd April 2012, 08:24 PM |#19  
MildewMan's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by probablecauz69

i am using the right size image. i tried one it didnt work and then i went back to the one i had before that worked and it was the same way, all lines. i am just going to restore back to right after i got s-off working and see if that takes care of the issue

Did you just try changing a regular image file over to a .img file and then flashing it? If you do that, then you will get a picture full of lines. You need a program that can convert an image to .img for you.
22nd April 2012, 08:27 PM |#20  
ziggy46's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chambersburg, Pa
Thanks Meter: 2,016
 
Donate to Me
More
here use this... its a program that i recently modified to work for my previous phone

the program is self explanatory

http://www.mediafire.com/?km6xfwpuqyzneg3


EDIT: im gonna add a function to it soon that will flash it to the phone
Last edited by ziggy46; 22nd April 2012 at 08:29 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes