FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

HTC Vivid Stock ICS Issues

188 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By WirelessMike, Senior Member on 26th March 2012, 02:53 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd April 2012, 03:02 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimslim

That's because the name of the thread is "ics issues" :). Personally I like the upgrade, I see it as an improvement overall.

Sent from my HTC Vivid via Tapatalk

Yeah, I realize it's an issue thread, guess it's just more than I expected. But then there always are issues no matter what. If the overall improvement outweighs the issues than it's worth it, just hadn't really seen that said yet.

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21pr

Entirely not true, If it wasnt for the ICS update, i would have gotten rid of this phone a long time ago, performance imo has increased 100% in smoothness and overall user experience, not to mention Beats Audio also. GB was crap, Sense was jerky, browser was laggy, it did not feel like a dual core phone expecially since my last phone was a SGS2. Im totally happy with the Vivid now and a couple of minor quirks wont change that

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Good to hear, I think that's what I really hadn't heard anyone really say too much yet.
Thanks added.

22nd April 2012, 07:25 PM |#62  
Flag Indianapolis IN
Thanks Meter: 521

More
In all honesty I think ics runs very stable. A few minor and random issues there but not like gingebread ran 100% stable all the time. Such is life really. The only thing that might be a deal breaker to anyone is the lack of a native voice dialing app, but you can always grab one from the market.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA
24th April 2012, 09:43 PM |#63  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yeah going back to gingerbread was actually pretty easy. Going back to unroot gingerbread was confusing. But I got it. Just had to read.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA Premium App
30th May 2012, 10:56 PM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Stock ICS Vivid issues
I got my HTC Vivid with stock ICS 4.0.3 on wednesday of last week, every morning i wake up to a reboot crash error report. also the startup when ICS updates and optimizes applications what's that about? it doesnt really bother me but cant find an actual explanation about it. I tried to get the stock PUU from HTC but the link posted earlier in this thread doesnt work, does anyone have a new link location? also has anyone found a way to get carrier billing in Google Play to work?
31st May 2012, 01:25 AM |#65  
Flag Indianapolis IN

More
I would try a factory reset first. Ics is buggy no doubt and I think alot of it has to do with getting 4.03 instead of the more stable 4.04. I really don't care if we see jelly bean or whatever comes after but I hope we do get a system update that updates the android version to 4.04 and fixes all the issues as well as providing better battery life. Here's all the issues I have :

*third party keyboards are laggy and sometime don't display right in landscape
*wifi randomly shuts on and off
*third party messaging apps such as Voxer Walkie Talkie don't always notify me.
*Battery life is nothing short of terrible. I have 2 batteries and often can't make it through a day of work without swapping
*can't play pandora over bluetooth via lte or battery will overheat and the phone will just shut off.
*can't play slacker over bluetooth with wifi because audio cuts in and out constantly.
* No voice dialer

otherwise it's stable. still don't wanna go back to gingerbread.

Last edited by Cor-master; 31st May 2012 at 01:29 AM.
31st May 2012, 07:23 AM |#66  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
I really have to try out the pandora and slacker over Bluetooth, cause I have no problems with overheating on tune in radio, and I use it constantly daily for at least an hour.

Sent from my HTC Vivid via Tapatalk
31st May 2012, 11:46 AM |#67  
Flag Indianapolis IN

More
yeah without bluetooth both services work fine. Guess I should add that I also can't purchase apps with my att account

31st May 2012, 02:59 PM |#68  
Flag Port Saint Lucie, FL
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hmmm... I plan on upgrading from my craptastic Sony Ericsson Xperia X10a, to the HTC Vivid sometime this week. Seems to me that a lot of issues stem from the OTA update, so I will be doing mine from a PC.

At some point I plan to unlock and root my phone. If anyone can suggest a fast and stable ROM for the Vivid, I would be most appreciative. I'd like it to be as close to ICS as possible, and, maybe this is the bad taste in my mouth from my Xperia, but I would also like it to have Sense 3.6.

Thank you!
31st May 2012, 03:06 PM |#69  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
There is a way for you to downgrade back to gb but in order for that to work, you need root.

Sent from my HTC Holiday using XDA
31st May 2012, 04:57 PM |#70  
Flag Indianapolis IN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markavich

Hmmm... I plan on upgrading from my craptastic Sony Ericsson Xperia X10a, to the HTC Vivid sometime this week. Seems to me that a lot of issues stem from the OTA update, so I will be doing mine from a PC.

At some point I plan to unlock and root my phone. If anyone can suggest a fast and stable ROM for the Vivid, I would be most appreciative. I'd like it to be as close to ICS as possible, and, maybe this is the bad taste in my mouth from my Xperia, but I would also like it to have Sense 3.6.

Thank you!

Honestly it's not that bad on ics stock. I definitely prefer it to gingerbread

31st May 2012, 08:05 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I just upgraded my phone from a sony x10 (running z's rom/kernel) to a refurbished htc vivid for a penny (thru the att store, plus 25 bux tax+36 bux activation). refurb vivid is like new/clean display (the misses vivid has a very minor scratch on display)

the vivid is great, physically solid, and should likely come preloaded with ics 4.0.3 with sense 3.6. runs great as stock.

no problem unlocking with the help of htc, and no problem turning the partitioning security off (s-off). the s-off procedure (which i assume opens up the ability to flash kernel/recovery) does require you to void your phone's warranty by removing a "void" sticker on a screw to perform the s-off function.

DarkRaider seems to be a popular rom, and one that I'm running with no problems. it has a really nice gui installer once ran from recovery that works great with default settings, but has a lot of options for adding/removing app, features and replacing/using several different prepackaged kernel's on the fly, or even after installation.

I'm looking forward to dissecting the vivid roms in the near future; stock as well as custom and documenting them all on a file level.

the xperia was swell for me (upgraded from a moto backflip), but the vivid rules.

Quote:

If anyone can suggest a fast and stable ROM for the Vivid, I would be most appreciative. I'd like it to be as close to ICS as possible, and, maybe this is the bad taste in my mouth from my Xperia, but I would also like it to have Sense 3.6.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread