No registration required

HTC Vivid Stock ICS Issues

OP WirelessMike

22nd April 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 4

312 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimslim

That's because the name of the thread is "ics issues" :). Personally I like the upgrade, I see it as an improvement overall.

Sent from my HTC Vivid via Tapatalk

Yeah, I realize it's an issue thread, guess it's just more than I expected. But then there always are issues no matter what. If the overall improvement outweighs the issues than it's worth it, just hadn't really seen that said yet.

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21pr

Entirely not true, If it wasnt for the ICS update, i would have gotten rid of this phone a long time ago, performance imo has increased 100% in smoothness and overall user experience, not to mention Beats Audio also. GB was crap, Sense was jerky, browser was laggy, it did not feel like a dual core phone expecially since my last phone was a SGS2. Im totally happy with the Vivid now and a couple of minor quirks wont change that

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Good to hear, I think that's what I really hadn't heard anyone really say too much yet.
Thanks added.
22nd April 2012, 08:25 PM   |  #62  
Flag Indianapolis IN
Thanks Meter: 512

3,304 posts
More
In all honesty I think ics runs very stable. A few minor and random issues there but not like gingebread ran 100% stable all the time. Such is life really. The only thing that might be a deal breaker to anyone is the lack of a native voice dialing app, but you can always grab one from the market.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA
24th April 2012, 10:43 PM   |  #63  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 2

149 posts
More
Yeah going back to gingerbread was actually pretty easy. Going back to unroot gingerbread was confusing. But I got it. Just had to read.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA Premium App
30th May 2012, 11:56 PM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Stock ICS Vivid issues
I got my HTC Vivid with stock ICS 4.0.3 on wednesday of last week, every morning i wake up to a reboot crash error report. also the startup when ICS updates and optimizes applications what's that about? it doesnt really bother me but cant find an actual explanation about it. I tried to get the stock PUU from HTC but the link posted earlier in this thread doesnt work, does anyone have a new link location? also has anyone found a way to get carrier billing in Google Play to work?
31st May 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #65  
Flag Indianapolis IN

3,304 posts
More
I would try a factory reset first. Ics is buggy no doubt and I think alot of it has to do with getting 4.03 instead of the more stable 4.04. I really don't care if we see jelly bean or whatever comes after but I hope we do get a system update that updates the android version to 4.04 and fixes all the issues as well as providing better battery life. Here's all the issues I have :

*third party keyboards are laggy and sometime don't display right in landscape
*wifi randomly shuts on and off
*third party messaging apps such as Voxer Walkie Talkie don't always notify me.
*Battery life is nothing short of terrible. I have 2 batteries and often can't make it through a day of work without swapping
*can't play pandora over bluetooth via lte or battery will overheat and the phone will just shut off.
*can't play slacker over bluetooth with wifi because audio cuts in and out constantly.
* No voice dialer

otherwise it's stable. still don't wanna go back to gingerbread.

Last edited by Cor-master; 31st May 2012 at 02:29 AM.
31st May 2012, 08:23 AM   |  #66  
Thanks Meter: 74

698 posts
More
I really have to try out the pandora and slacker over Bluetooth, cause I have no problems with overheating on tune in radio, and I use it constantly daily for at least an hour.

Sent from my HTC Vivid via Tapatalk
31st May 2012, 12:46 PM   |  #67  
Flag Indianapolis IN

3,304 posts
More
yeah without bluetooth both services work fine. Guess I should add that I also can't purchase apps with my att account

31st May 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #68  
Flag Port Saint Lucie, FL
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
Hmmm... I plan on upgrading from my craptastic Sony Ericsson Xperia X10a, to the HTC Vivid sometime this week. Seems to me that a lot of issues stem from the OTA update, so I will be doing mine from a PC.

At some point I plan to unlock and root my phone. If anyone can suggest a fast and stable ROM for the Vivid, I would be most appreciative. I'd like it to be as close to ICS as possible, and, maybe this is the bad taste in my mouth from my Xperia, but I would also like it to have Sense 3.6.

Thank you!
31st May 2012, 04:06 PM   |  #69  
Thanks Meter: 0

65 posts
There is a way for you to downgrade back to gb but in order for that to work, you need root.

Sent from my HTC Holiday using XDA
31st May 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #70  
Flag Indianapolis IN

3,304 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markavich

Hmmm... I plan on upgrading from my craptastic Sony Ericsson Xperia X10a, to the HTC Vivid sometime this week. Seems to me that a lot of issues stem from the OTA update, so I will be doing mine from a PC.

At some point I plan to unlock and root my phone. If anyone can suggest a fast and stable ROM for the Vivid, I would be most appreciative. I'd like it to be as close to ICS as possible, and, maybe this is the bad taste in my mouth from my Xperia, but I would also like it to have Sense 3.6.

Thank you!

Honestly it's not that bad on ics stock. I definitely prefer it to gingerbread

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread