A Few Questions Regarding Bootloader and Rooting
Hey XDA people
I recently bought a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play R800i, running android 2.3.4 and the latest Sony apps and stuff I also know that is unlocked to any carrier. I had read some things about locked bootloaders on this phone and was interested in rooting.
1. What is a locked bootloader and what does it do? Can I unlock and relock it?
2. What's the easiest way to backup everything, except games on my phone?
3. If I root will I still be able to upgrade to ICS when the time comes? If so what's the easiest method to root?
4. If I install the ICS beta, can I return to stock GB?
5. What are some benefits of rooting this phone, I know about Custom Roms and such, is there anything else?
6. Can you dual boot between to different versions of android on the phone?
I think thats it, I'm used to my cheap Huawei U8180 that I could do anything too, I just don't wanna **** something up on this one.
Sent from my Xperia Play R800i using Tapatalk Android