Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[EMU] N64oid touchpad support ICS (working)

Tip us?

poo-tang
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractbeats View Post
Is N64oid faster than Mupen64Plus AE for Zelda OOT?
Much faster. and less glitches. I prefer the controls on mupen and used to like the fact it was on market so easy to update. But now this works i would rather this just because of the compatibility with games working and the fact he has had time to iron out most issues. Paul's Mupen is still in beta but this is not.

The Following User Says Thank You to poo-tang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rubbergnome
Old
Thanks Meter 35
the only thing stopping me to get this is that it requires ICS, and all we got is an official beta, right? Dunno... I think it might hurt responsiveness, stability and functionality :\

poo-tang
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbergnome View Post
the only thing stopping me to get this is that it requires ICS, and all we got is an official beta, right? Dunno... I think it might hurt responsiveness, stability and functionality :\
It only needs ICS for the touchpads. Before Mupen came along we just used the hardware buttons. Also have had no problems yet on the beta with responsiveness, stability and functionality, It works fine.

rubbergnome
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Of course I meant the touchpads, I would never play N64 without analog controls :P

I read about bad battery life and stuff like that, but I'll consider the ICS beta... I was actually waiting for sony to release it, but whatever. Also FPSE supports touchpads on ICS, so thats some soul reaver goodness right there.

Selim873
Old
Thanks Meter 63
How did you get Soul Reaver to work full speed? It skips around for me. Does ICS help optimize it somehow more or something? I'll play it on my Dreamcast for now. lol
Devices
Primary: Apple iPhone 4 (iOS 6.0.1 Jailbroken)
Secondary/Backup: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (P.A.C.man JellyBean)
Older/Backup: LG Vortex (CyanogenMod 10)

rubbergnome
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I was just saying that ICS means soul reaver with analogs, thats it. On gingerbread it pretty much runs full speed for me, but the lack of analogs kills it.

Galileo
Old
(Last edited by Galileo; 22nd June 2012 at 07:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 118
well, ive got an arc on ics 4.0 with software rendering enabled, and ive got to say it runs pretty slow, and about the hardware buttons on play, doesnt n64oid comes with an option to add hardware buttons?

edit: tried 2.7 version from another webpage and works awesomely, im not sure if it has the same options as this one thought.
HTC mytouch 4g Slide 4GB Memory (Currently being used by brother).
SilverL CM10.1.2 Android 4.2.2
Jelly Kang 1.9 Android 4.2.2 with WILD kernel.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG Optimus G E975/77
CM10.2 Stable
Liquid smooth 2.37 Official

Mysticales
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Too bad he wont give us the updated version if we bought it off google back in the day.. unless hes changed something?

Also That SAM program.. does it have to stay installed after you get the n64 app?
~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~
Galaxy S4 (At&t) - Stock 4.3 Rooted
Dell Streak 7 - Streakdroid R8
Ouya - (and my review)

Motawa88
Old
Thanks Meter 19
is there a way to adjust the sensivity from touchpads?