Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 37,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery on Skyrocket?

Tip us?

alexgarrett
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Thanks for the responses guys. I think I got it lined out, I stopped using it and let it charge fully and now it seems much better. This battery is pretty sweet and I barely have a bulge at all at the edge of the door.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Guitarboarder28
Old
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgarrett View Post
Did you have any trouble with charging it like I've been having?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
no charging issues

crispy1805
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarboarder28 View Post
20 hours on sky ics with heavy usage, navigation for 30mins wile streaming google music, google music stream for around 3 hours and browsing web texting a lot and downloaded an app
I've only managed to kill the battery twice in a week; that is when I was installing a new ROM (twice). This battery is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA
Past Phone Breakdown:

Samsung BlackJack 2 (ever reliable)
Samsung Mythic (Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy)
Samsung Captivate (problematic)
Samsung Infuse (Great day to day use phone, first since BlackJack 2 with no major issues)
Samsung SGS2 LTE Skyrocket (Pretty cool, drained a lot of battery.)
Samsung SGS3 (Got a free upgrade. No issues with it all. In my opinion, the first polished smartphone)

Current:
Samsung SGS4 Active

As you can tell, I am a Samsung phone guy.

g0dxilla
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by creedicd View Post
Rather than debate the technicalities of battery phyics (which I am not qualified to do). Here is a video of a L-ion battery being damaged. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OsBc8RqSKU
Oh that's just ridiculous. This video is a demonstration of what happens when you puncture an over charged Lithium POLYMER (LiPo) battery. Our batteries are Lithium Ion (Li-ION) batteries. I can't post links yet but if you want to see a video of what happens when you puncture a fully charged Li-ION battery cell search for "lico 18650 cell puncture test" on youtube. I can save you some time and tell you that nothing happens and the battery is thoroughly compromised.

Now it is true that puncturing a Li-ION cell will make it non-operational AND if pressure is allowed to build up can increase temperature and cause it to "vent". But shaving off part of the hard plastic casing is not going to damage the Li-Ion cell. You would need to drive a nail through the body of the case to do that.
The Following User Says Thank You to g0dxilla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jackbandit73
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone know how long this sale is going on for? I figure I could just call but it's much easier just to ask you gurus

xcrazydx
Old
Thanks Meter 2,195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbandit73 View Post
Anyone know how long this sale is going on for? I figure I could just call but it's much easier just to ask you gurus
Call your local verizon store
The Following User Says Thank You to xcrazydx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

madmax49201
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Just walked in the door from the local verizon store its still on sale just picked up one the sales rep looked at me like i was crazy but scanned it and it came up 24.99. So now charging it and seeing how long it can go. Fits in my otterbox so not really worried about the little bulge at the side. As stated above does feel a little heavier than stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to madmax49201 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

g0dxilla
Old
Thanks Meter 5
[QUOTE=still on sale just picked up one the sales rep looked at me like i was crazy but scanned it and it came up 24.99.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I bought this today from my local store in Atlanta for "half price". The folks in the store were very reluctant even after I mentioned the sale. They said they "thought that sale was over" and "we'll just have to see". I'm quite certain that if I hadn't mentioned it they would have charge me full price.

So Buyer Beware.
The Following User Says Thank You to g0dxilla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gupter
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Just bought one today, still on sale.
The Following User Says Thank You to gupter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

j.a
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Sale is still going on but they wouldn't tell me or were not sure how much longer it was going for. I just popped into a Verizon store in San Diego and bought one. Charging as I type this.
XDA quote: "Congratulations, you destroyed your credibility in spectacularly ironic fashion." ~Author Unknown.

The Following User Says Thank You to j.a For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]