Was all in for One X, ended up with the S..

22nd April 2012, 04:39 PM   |  #91  
Thanks Meter: 15

91 posts
More
Personally I was never exited for the One X, as I try to stay away from anything that has anything to do with Tegra, and the SOC on the One S it's much more appealing, A15x2 > A9x4, so I'm just waiting for it to get released internationally to get it, but it's kinda sad to go to the development forum and see half the ROM's if not less than in the One X development forum.
22nd April 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #92  
Account currently disabled
Flag XDA Sucks !
Thanks Meter: 2,022

5,043 posts
Donate to Me
More
yeah i know but bear in mind the One S still isnt available worldwide...

some of the top devs could be hiding in these locations lol..

i reckon massive changes will be here in less than 4 weeks
22nd April 2012, 05:04 PM   |  #93  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelyus

Personally I was never exited for the One X, as I try to stay away from anything that has anything to do with Tegra, and the SOC on the One S it's much more appealing, A15x2 > A9x4, so I'm just waiting for it to get released internationally to get it, but it's kinda sad to go to the development forum and see half the ROM's if not less than in the One X development forum.

I totally agree with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkgreen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 06:23 PM   |  #94  
Thanks Meter: 11

88 posts
The development is really a disappointment so far and I don't understand why this phone doesn't get that much love. Honestly I thought it was 50-50 between this and the X. I thought people would still go for the One S because they would appreciate the thinness and the aluminum body and that its overal a more all-rounded device than the X.

I really thought the One S would be as popular as the One X. I can only conclude that people are put off by its display which is in my opinion false.
22nd April 2012, 06:57 PM   |  #95  
Flag Poznan
Thanks Meter: 70

312 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilcoholic

The development is really a disappointment so far and I don't understand why this phone doesn't get that much love. Honestly I thought it was 50-50 between this and the X. I thought people would still go for the One S because they would appreciate the thinness and the aluminum body and that its overal a more all-rounded device than the X.

I really thought the One S would be as popular as the One X. I can only conclude that people are put off by its display which is in my opinion false.

You can't forget that One S is still not available in many regions, while One X & One V are (e.g. in Poland the official release date for One S is 01.06.2012, HOX was released here 2-3 weeks ago).

I guess the community will grow in upcoming weeks, we can just hope that some great devs will join it sooner or later.
22nd April 2012, 07:02 PM   |  #96  
Account currently disabled
Flag XDA Sucks !
Thanks Meter: 2,022

5,043 posts
Donate to Me
More
exactly the best devs might be in these countries where the S isnt yet available..

and many of us have contracts, its not so easy to just get a new phone whenever it gets released..

and even better devs cant work on our phone unless they get enough donations to buy it..

supporting the devs is soo important
I never get pirated apps, I donate whenever i can

cant expect all this cool **** for free
22nd April 2012, 07:29 PM   |  #97  
Flag Karlsruhe
Thanks Meter: 80

225 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buljo

In Norway they got released at the same time. actually it seemed that the S got on the shelves before the X..

i can imagine they can not keep up the demand on the kraits.. it is a awesome chip.

as stated before, i got no problem understanding ppl choosing the S over the X, but do not understand for the need to hate the X..

quite alot like the X and what it can offer that the S cant, 32gb, nfc and high def lcd...

but no one in the X forums slings the S in the clay thrower and calls it a ****ty phone because they chose the X.. food for thought.

+1, In the end it just comes down to personal preferences. I would never call the One X a ****ty phone or something. I had a SGS2 and when i switched over to HTC the One S, or more precise Sense 4, showed me what android is capable of according to usability. It destroys all other UI's like Touchwiz etc. in so many ways that there is absolutely no question that the whole One-Series is a success. The One X surely had some trouble with dirvers etc but I think 1.28 update fixed a lot and the battery drain should be not noticable worse than the One S'. There are so many other ****ty phones to diss (my personal favorite is LG and all that **** that gets released by them). For me One S and One X are far superior..
The Following User Says Thank You to ossy1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 09:58 PM   |  #98  
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 6

81 posts
More
You have to keep in mind that many people here prefer the One S. But to what? Exactly, the One X. So obviously people keep saying they prefer it to the One X because that is currently the only alternative. Other brands have not yet released any handsets that are capable of competing with these 2. Furthermore, the X is marketed as the flagship phone and the S is called the mid-end little brother. While in truth both phones are great and it basically comes down to personal preference when you decide which is the better one. That makes people say negative things about the X.
Don't worry about it, I doubt anyone here thinks the X is a ****ty phone, they just prefer the S and think it deserves a better status. As do I.
The Following User Says Thank You to QuintusDias For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 10:12 PM   |  #99  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,929

13,271 posts
More
If the one x came with tmobile bands I would give it a go before the one s. I had the one s for a couple days before I sold it. Honestly I wasn't too impressed by it. But pretty much after the sensation i changed my mind about ever supporting HTC.
22nd April 2012, 11:09 PM   |  #100  
Thanks Meter: 67

292 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620

If the one x came with tmobile bands I would give it a go before the one s. I had the one s for a couple days before I sold it. Honestly I wasn't too impressed by it. But pretty much after the sensation i changed my mind about ever supporting HTC.

What didn't you like about the One S?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in One S General by ThreadRank