Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 47,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

new leak-UCLD3

Tip us?

bluetoothless
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauijpm View Post
Following him....
Is there a stalker app?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

kornklown69
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetoothless View Post
Hopefully it is as good as UCLD3 was for the GS2.

agree so has n e one tweeted rootzwiki see if they say n e thing lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

borijess
Old
Thanks Meter 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornklown69 View Post
agree so has n e one tweeted rootzwiki see if they say n e thing lol

I did he did not respond.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr!

kevinallen4325
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetoothless View Post
Is there a stalker app?

Isn't that all twitter is?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

1tontomato
Old
Thanks Meter 123
There's a fine line between stalking and wanting to have a close personal relationship. All I want is a new leak with all the goodies.

littlewierdo
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Im actually interested in a new leak for two reasons, one, Id like to see just how quickly Samsung is developing. Based on the number of issues that the initial ICS leak had and a newer build might give some sort of indication of not only how fast they are developing but also how soon we might see something official. Two, Id like to see what Samsung considers the most important issues to fix based on what was previously leaked,

Im not rooted or rom'd and have no intention of doing so right now. When we start seeing some REAL customized roms not based on the stock rom but rather based on open source code that Samsung will hopefully release soon, Ill consider rom'ing.

But right now, the ICS roms have too many issues (ironically, the same exact issues the leaked rom has, just some of them have managed to 'patch' or 'hide' those issues with clever workarounds), not enough customization options and other than some colour changes, appear to be basically the same as the stock rom with the added ability to overclock. Not enough for me yet to switch to anything.

But the sooner Samsung releases an official ICS, the sooner they will be required to release some source code, which means the real development will start happening.

jpeg42
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Sorry but if you haven't even installed ICS or any other custom ROM I am going to stop reading there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
GALAXY NOTE SGH-i717 - Padawan JB || 4.1.2
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jpeg42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jjc5891
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewierdo View Post
But right now, the ICS roms have too many issues (ironically, the same exact issues the leaked rom has, just some of them have managed to 'patch' or 'hide' those issues with clever workarounds), not enough customization options and other than some colour changes, appear to be basically the same as the stock rom with the added ability to overclock. Not enough for me yet to switch to anything.
It's not ironic at all. I think every ICS rom right now is the leaked version, just with a couple customizations here-and-there. It's almost impossible to start tweaking system level stuff (unless you're really good) to try and fix bugs without the source code.

paleh0rse
Old
Thanks Meter 633

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjc5891 View Post
It's not ironic at all. I think every ICS rom right now is the leaked version, just with a couple customizations here-and-there. It's almost impossible to start tweaking system level stuff (unless you're really good) to try and fix bugs without the source code.
The only exceptions are the roms ported over from Skyrocket builds. However, with those, you lose S-pen functionality, so they're not an option for many/most of us.
"To be rooted is perhaps the most important and least recognized need of the human soul." - Simone Weil

kornklown69
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleh0rse View Post
The only exceptions are the roms ported over from Skyrocket builds. However, with those, you lose S-pen functionality, so they're not an option for many/most of us.
ya im not a big fan of ports at all