Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Guide] Install double boot CM7 + CM9

OP crakeron

22nd April 2012, 03:11 PM   |  #151  
Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 10
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Lightbulb Trying Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakeron

It's wierd because it should work, it is working for me and many others, but i haven't tried the touch recovery, it's new so i don't trust it ^^

Motorola Defy, CM7 @ 1Ghz + CM9 multiboot
[Guide] Install double boot CM7 + CM9
[Guide][Root needed] Unsimlock your Defy

I am trying it again now, will the post the results soon
22nd April 2012, 04:31 PM   |  #152  
Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 10
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Cool Still not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by willster273

I am trying it again now, will the post the results soon

The unlock still doesn't work, followed the instructions exactly with Quarx's ROM instead this time, still no luck. looks like I'll have to stick with CM7.2.

PS. Do you know if the MIUI v4 ROM will multiboot as the second system, with cm7 as first. I could try that. I have green lens (SOC). froyo kernel.
22nd April 2012, 08:30 PM   |  #153  
Member
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 8
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
hey i can boot cm9 just one or two times, then i just get bootloops so i have to reflash. Also when im going to boot cm9 i have to do it from 2nd-system and not from 2nd-boot, if not i get a loop but in cm7's boot animation. And when i need to go to cm9 recovery i have to do it from 2nd-system >> recovery(CWM). Any idea to solve, at least, the bootloop problem?
23rd April 2012, 01:57 PM   |  #154  
crakeron's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 227
 
501 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgeoro

hey i can boot cm9 just one or two times, then i just get bootloops so i have to reflash. Also when im going to boot cm9 i have to do it from 2nd-system and not from 2nd-boot, if not i get a loop but in cm7's boot animation. And when i need to go to cm9 recovery i have to do it from 2nd-system >> recovery(CWM). Any idea to solve, at least, the bootloop problem?

No idea, you would be better asking in CM9/multiboot thread

Motorola Defy, CM7 @ 1Ghz + CM9 multiboot
[Guide] Install double boot CM7 + CM9
[Guide][Root needed] Unsimlock your Defy
25th April 2012, 04:18 AM   |  #155  
Member
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 8
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
hey crackeron, i found that the problem starts when i apply the sim-unlock fix, then i cant boot again, but is weird cos if i apply it just after flashing it boots once, but at the first reboot it stuck on CM9 animation

It's sad because i cant get CM9 unlocked.. i think id had to wait a stable release
25th April 2012, 10:46 AM   |  #156  
crakeron's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 227
 
501 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgeoro

hey crackeron, i found that the problem starts when i apply the sim-unlock fix, then i cant boot again, but is weird cos if i apply it just after flashing it boots once, but at the first reboot it stuck on CM9 animation

It's sad because i cant get CM9 unlocked.. i think id had to wait a stable release

It's wierd because i have CM7 unlocked and CM9 as double boot and they are both unlocked. I don't remember having any problem at all too.


Motorola Defy, CM7 @ 1Ghz + CM9 multiboot
[Guide] Install double boot CM7 + CM9
[Guide][Root needed] Unsimlock your Defy
25th April 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #157  
Member
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 8
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakeron

It's wierd because i have CM7 unlocked and CM9 as double boot and they are both unlocked. I don't remember having any problem at all too.

which nightly are u using?
26th April 2012, 03:14 PM   |  #158  
crakeron's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 227
 
501 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgeoro

which nightly are u using?

CM7.2 RC1 mianiac's 30th march
And ~ eppy's 5th (approx) april CM9 build.


Motorola Defy, CM7 @ 1Ghz + CM9 multiboot
[Guide] Install double boot CM7 + CM9
[Guide][Root needed] Unsimlock your Defy
29th April 2012, 01:51 AM   |  #159  
Member
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 8
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
1 more thing crack, are u using froyo o gb builds?

edit: I tested booting an unlocked cm9 nandroid from nand and it works fine, but the same nandroid wont boot from 2nd-system...
have u a clue about what could it be?
Last edited by jorgeoro; 29th April 2012 at 07:39 AM.
29th April 2012, 07:43 PM   |  #160  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Unhappy urget please
i have updated my motorola defy to cm9 but its jst flashing motorola symbol and not showing up anything else please help me

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm7, cm9, guide, multiboot
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes