Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][ICS][WIP]AOKP for the Kindle Fire [BETA2][DISCONTINUED]

OP death2all110

20th April 2012, 10:17 PM   |  #211  
OP Senior Member
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 267
 
389 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Any time i build with the 3.0 kernel it wont boot. It works if i use hashcode's. But as soon as i compile my own it doesnt boot. I'm using the same cross compiler he uses... So until I can get help or get a working build, you're not gonna see my aokp builds with a 3.0 unless you substitute it yourself.
20th April 2012, 11:57 PM   |  #212  
melmantheman's Avatar
Member
Flag Milford
Thanks Meter: 3
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Question
Hardware Acceleration?
21st April 2012, 01:07 AM   |  #213  
marty331's Avatar
Senior Member
Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 247
 
788 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmantheman

Hardware Acceleration?

It appears so.

CM9 Infuse - XDA Premium
21st April 2012, 04:07 AM   |  #214  
Hashcode's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22,676
 
3,242 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by death2all110

Any time i build with the 3.0 kernel it wont boot. It works if i use hashcode's. But as soon as i compile my own it doesnt boot. I'm using the same cross compiler he uses... So until I can get help or get a working build, you're not gonna see my aokp builds with a 3.0 unless you substitute it yourself.

I need to sync up the ics-aokp devtree with all of the changes to the CM devtree before this will probably work.

The other option is to embed the files from the latest flash.zip into your build and that should work as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 04:08 AM   |  #215  
Hashcode's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22,676
 
3,242 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmantheman

Hardware Acceleration?

You know.. a week ago.. a kitten would have died with this question.

Today, the kittens are alive and healthy..
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 06:55 AM   |  #216  
OP Senior Member
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 267
 
389 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode

You know.. a week ago.. a kitten would have died with this question.

Today, the kittens are alive and healthy..

Lmao I love you hashcode. (No homo!)
22nd April 2012, 07:56 PM   |  #217  
smirkis's Avatar
Senior Member
San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 613
 
1,808 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
build 33 went live, just curious if you are gonna be updating this? (unless it already is my bad!)

it was supposed to fix some UI and statusbar FC issues people were having. they don't post much about the kfire but seem to "officially support" it. weird.
22nd April 2012, 08:33 PM   |  #218  
dw9906's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Terre Haute, IN
Thanks Meter: 867
 
2,218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirkis

build 33 went live, just curious if you are gonna be updating this? (unless it already is my bad!)

it was supposed to fix some UI and statusbar FC issues people were having. they don't post much about the kfire but seem to "officially support" it. weird.

+1 to this!

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 10:17 PM   |  #219  
Hashcode's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22,676
 
3,242 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirkis

build 33 went live, just curious if you are gonna be updating this? (unless it already is my bad!)

it was supposed to fix some UI and statusbar FC issues people were having. they don't post much about the kfire but seem to "officially support" it. weird.

AOKP has the older devtree for the Kindle Fire merged into its source (runs on the 2.6 gingerbread kernel). Once things get a bit more stable, I will submit the updated device tree.

Sent from my XT894 using XDA
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 04:24 AM   |  #220  
OP Senior Member
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 267
 
389 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
yes ill be updating this and the razorback build soon

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes