XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One S

Tip us?

Jjday7
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by clninja View Post
HTC one s arrived at our store today.. I got a chance to play with it and all I'm saying is.... I love the one s and will be trading my gs2 for it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
I've been playing with it also. I can't say it better than the GSII though. I do like the screen even though people have been complaining about it. I think it's a little too thin though. Feels a little weird in the hand.

It is a smooth phone and people will enjoy using it. I just don't think it's a leap from what's out there already. People say that is supposed to be a lean version of sense but I feel like sense is still overpowering.

chrischoi
Old
Thanks Meter 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by clninja View Post
HTC one s arrived at our store today.. I got a chance to play with it and all I'm saying is.... I love the one s and will be trading my gs2 for it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
I don't like how the top and bottom is plastic. They claim it's the ONE phone the ONE camera but it's 3 pieces. I'm sure someone will end up losing the top piece. I might switch. But HTC is in my bad side. Lame...

Sent from my SGH-T989

linye
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I stay with this GS2 as long as I can.

Sent from my SGH-T989

FRuiTBoOT
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischoi View Post
I don't like how the top and bottom is plastic. They claim it's the ONE phone the ONE camera but it's 3 pieces. I'm sure someone will end up losing the top piece. I might switch. But HTC is in my bad side. Lame...

Sent from my SGH-T989
Funny I was saying the same thing about all Samsung phones before I bought one.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
Phone - SGS III

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

Micronads
Old
Thanks Meter 78

DONATE TO ME
No removable sd card, no dice. Can you swap batteries on it? I don't think you can. That is two in the negative column.

"From the wheel to the skyscraper, everything we are and everything we have comes from a single attribute of man-the function of his reasoning mind."
--Ayn Rand

blkbltwrestler
Old
Thanks Meter 10
no remove battery, no sd card, only 16gb of on board storage, mediocre battery life, terrible drop test results.

pass

The gs2 is a great phone and I will hold on to it for at least another year, year and half. The only break I am waiting for is a huge leap in battery life. I am currently getting a day and half on a charge with moderate to heavy usage and that is then enough for me for the time being.

Symphonyx87
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The whole "non-removable" battery bit killed it for me. I can't count how many times, no matter what model phone I'm using, I've had to pull battery... sounds like a problem waiting to happen!

clninja
Old
(Last edited by clninja; 28th April 2012 at 05:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 245
Well I had to come back amd comment here once more....after playing with my gs2 and the one s side by side a bit more I have to agree that the one s is just not a big enough leap for me to ditch my gs2 and get it. I will be sticking with the gs2....maybe ill get the next nexus....I was gonna hold out til the gs3 until I just figured out that it will be dual core as well

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

gthmcty111
Old
Thanks Meter 34
The SGS3 will be released internationally first I wonder just how long Samsung is going to hold out prior to them releasing in the US because this is going to be strictly a Samsung release and not a retailer release (T-mobile, AT&T etc..)???

El Jefe Cangri
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I am going to leave for the HTC one s however this phone is staying on the family as I am going to give in to my mom one of the darkside Roms