Post Reply

{guide}[how to] porting guide for aosp [how to]{guide}

OP The Archangel

22nd April 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #171  
Jbazt_katuforzs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Baliuag Bulacan
Thanks Meter: 33
 
344 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
More
no wanted to port cyanogen7. Wow so you say its not that complicated? Thats a good news!!! Do i need a kitchen for that or copying and pasting files from the port to the base will do the trick?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium[/QUOTE]



Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
19th May 2012, 05:50 AM   |  #172  
MichaelMcEntire's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 110
 
662 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
What would you have to change with the radios to port a gsm rom to cdma?
19th May 2012, 06:31 AM   |  #173  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Virginia beach
Thanks Meter: 3,762
 
5,853 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMcEntire

What would you have to change with the radios to port a gsm rom to cdma?

Shouldn't need to,I don't see why you would
19th May 2012, 06:53 AM   |  #174  
MichaelMcEntire's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 110
 
662 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Highway

Shouldn't need to,I don't see why you would

I figured it out. I was talking about the ril files under system/vendor/lib. I also had to change the build prop to point to the path of the new ril file. Now if I could figure out why Mms is broke I'd be set.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
19th May 2012, 07:05 AM   |  #175  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Virginia beach
Thanks Meter: 3,762
 
5,853 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMcEntire

I figured it out. I was talking about the ril files under system/vendor/lib. I also had to change the build prop to point to the path of the new ril file. Now if I could figure out why Mms is broke I'd be set.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Right as I read this message, that popped into my head.
31st May 2012, 07:16 AM   |  #176  
0.0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,728
 
5,840 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
thank you OP for this guide. it was the thing that helped me get started on porting an actual ROM!
31st May 2012, 04:48 PM   |  #177  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Virginia beach
Thanks Meter: 3,762
 
5,853 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.0

thank you OP for this guide. it was the thing that helped me get started on porting an actual ROM!

I'm glad it worked for you, anything you think I should edit?
31st May 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #178  
0.0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,728
 
5,840 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Highway

I'm glad it worked for you, anything you think I should edit?

Well since you're making an ics guide later, then there's nothing that needs to be changed for this one. Its fine. Its pretty straight forward once everything is set up

sent from my myTouch 4G
31st May 2012, 08:47 PM   |  #179  
invasion2's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Space, the ONLY Frontier
Thanks Meter: 1,290
 
2,853 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
You could make a part so that people without kitchen could port it easily.
31st May 2012, 08:49 PM   |  #180  
Synthetic.Nightmare's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag San Marcos, Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,215
 
909 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.0

Well since you're making an ics guide later, then there's nothing that needs to be changed for this one. Its fine. Its pretty straight forward once everything is set up

sent from my myTouch 4G

This one works just as well for ics aosp. There are a couple of other smaller things he left out but those things may vary from rom to rom. I think its good that the guide gives you just enough info, so you have to actually go through the learning process and ask around a bit.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in myTouch 4G Android Development by ThreadRank